• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Calories when cutting

musclepump

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm 6'0, 168 pounds, competition is in 2 weeks. I'm eating 1,900-2,100 calories a day. Is that too little? too many? I do cardio twice a day burning 600-700 calories total.

Im sure others will have better answers, but i eat about the same in a 50/35/15 split, and im loosing about 3 lbs a week and and slowly putting on muscle
0.5 lbs a week. This is based on a lbm of 163 lbs. I need a fair amount of carbs or i dont have the energy for cardio. This combo works well for me. Im also 6ft

musclepump said:
I'm 6'0, 168 pounds, competition is in 2 weeks. I'm eating 1,900-2,100 calories a day. Is that too little? too many? I do cardio twice a day burning 600-700 calories total.
You're two weeks out from a comp - life SHOULD sucks for you at this stage! :p

I am a little worried that you are only 2 weeks out and you are not sure about these things!! Do you have anyone 'coaching' you?? You really should have a 'workout and diet' plan already drawn up for this stage of things....

Anyway - I would suggest that if it is working for you, don't change...

The calorie intake doesn't sound too bad to me for where you are - lots of people I know usually go very low cal in the final 2 weeks - but it all depends on how your body responds and how ready you are for the competition... I would be concerned about OVER doing the cardio - which could result in you looking flat on contest day... Some people require this much cardio, but others don't...

Nope, no coaching other than my own and the advice I get here.

*I'm* a little concerned I don't know at this stag, either :)

And it really isn't "working" for me as I haven't lost any weight in the last week. So I added extra cardio, but still am not losing. It's strange. So, I had to post and ask the guru's ;)

musclepump said:
it really isn't "working" for me as I haven't lost any weight in the last week. So I added extra cardio, but still am not losing. It's strange. So, I had to post and ask the guru's ;)
Then you might want to try decreasing cals again/altering your diet - with 1900 to 2100 and 168 pounds you still have a little 'room to move' before you are considered too low.

what is your cardio routine????? also how long have you been doing it. keep your same cal intake but change up the foods it sounds to me like your body has gotten used to
the same everyday routine. Make sure you are eating every 3 hrs. With the low cal diets it is easy for your body to go into starvation mode and you will not loose any fat
and just kinda be stuck. I would keep the same intensity but alter your workouts
HIIT cardio for atleast 20mins once on your lifting days and maybe twice on non-lifting
days. On your lifting days, do the cardio after your workout but don't make it too intense to where your gonna breakdown any of your muscle. This always has worked
for me when I would have only a couple weeks to cut. On my non lifting days I did cardio and abs. sprints and stairs in the morning, abs and a 20min HIIT at night.

I'm sure you probably already new all of this though.

Water I'm not stressing over. I'll be using Taraxatone and eating dry oatmeal and graham crackers :)

What if I say that if you don´t take my advice I am going to drown you. Would you worry more about water than fat now?

Hey, good luck in the competition. :)

Back