• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Good Luck Patrick!!!!!!!

JLB001

I see YOU!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Kick some butt today!!!!! :clapping: :clapping:

himself! LOL he hears lil voices in his head.

No...his show is today. :)

:banana: :banana: Go Funky! Whooohooo!!! Kick some butt! :bounce:

good luck

Good luck P funk!
Is it in New york city, I would have gone.

We expect lots of pics. Good luck bro!

We're half way through the day here. pre-judging ended a few hours ago. night show starts at 7 pm. I've got tons of pics! Patrick looks great!

thanks everyone. I am sitting here waiting for the night show to start at 7pm (grr....3 more hours). 14 guys in the middle weight class. I got killed up there. These guys are way thicker and way bigger than me. I was 174lbs (176 is the middle weight cut off) on wed. I drop ped water over thurs and fri and lost about 10lbs for weight in (166). Started carbing up and have no clue what I was on stage. if I had to guess I would say I am/was up in the low-mid 170s as I was eating my smarties, pb&J sandwich and coke-a-cola. I really have no interest in doing the night show as I know there is no way in hell I am going to place but I am going to stick it out. We have lots of pics. I was bigger/thicker/leaner than I was last year so that is good. All in all I am just happy this thing is over so I can change my focus to training for things I am more interested in and get ready for this olympic lifting meet. I appreciate all the well wishes and all the encouragement. I will tell you guys how it ended when I find out and I will put up some pics....lol, I look great standing by myself but standing next to some of these guys there is just no way. Dieting down to 175lbs from 193 is not the same as dieting down to 175lbs from 210 (lol). It is cool though, these guys are all trying to qualify for nationals at this show and move on. I have no interest in the sport after this contest (as far as me competitng, I will still be a spectator as I stil think it is amazing what they do with their bodies and I admire the dedicatino it takes and I know what it takes to go through it) and I surely never had an interest in trying to go pro. I am just getting antzy for this to finish up so I can go eat pizza and cheese cake and take a few days off before I start my training and going back to olympic lifting.

thanks everyone,
patrick

were was he in the call outs??? first set? second?? and where in there did they move him?

:) :)

IML Gear Cream!
never mind...I just read. :)

YOU have GOT to do the night show...even if its for just shiots and giggles.

min0 lee said:
Good luck P funk!
Is it in New york city, I would have gone.

thanks (wo)man (?). I thought you knew about the contest. It would have been great to meet you.

Hell...go get the pizza now.

JLB001 said:
never mind...I just read. :)

not much of callouts. 14 man class and they lined us up (7 walked out at a time) 7 on each side of the stage. From there they called out the 4 guys that everyone knew were going to be 1,2,3,4 and they did their madatories and got compared to each other. From there the rest of us were just brought out to the front in groups of 5's and that was it.

JLB001 said:
Hell...go get the pizza now.

lol, the pizza place is up by my apt., all the way north and on the other side of the city. Plus, even though I am not going to place, some freinds of mine are coming to the night show so i want to look good and I just want to see it through and finish this contest as best I can. I don't want to just quit on it. As much as I want to I wont.

I want to finish with my head high for one reason. This was the contest I was going to do last year. It was to be my first contest and everyone at the gym that knows this contest and the sport and even another trainer I work with who's husband trains women fig. competitors for NPC and IFBB told me "NO WAY!! Don't do it. You will get killed. Everyone is so big. Everyone is one everything at that show. You can't compete. You will get smoked and it will be horrible for you." This scared me into doing a Natural contest, which I was happy to place third at in my first show. This year, despite what everyone said I wanted to just be like "fuck it. i am going to do the show. I'll show them." They were right, I got smoked. But (I know it doesn't mean much to most people) I am happy to just stand there and say that I am lifetime drug free and all natrual. I did my homework. I dieted and trained my best and I just wanted to stand there knowing that I am completely free of all substances.

Your a Winner in MY book Brother Patrick!!! Very Inspirational and Admireable!!!

Archangel said:
Your a Winner in MY book Brother Patrick!!! Very Inspirational and Admireable!!!

thanks arch.

P-funk said:
lol, the pizza place is up by my apt., all the way north and on the other side of the city. Plus, even though I am not going to place, some freinds of mine are coming to the night show so i want to look good and I just want to see it through and finish this contest as best I can. I don't want to just quit on it. As much as I want to I wont.

I want to finish with my head high for one reason. This was the contest I was going to do last year. It was to be my first contest and everyone at the gym that knows this contest and the sport and even another trainer I work with who's husband trains women fig. competitors for NPC and IFBB told me "NO WAY!! Don't do it. You will get killed. Everyone is so big. Everyone is one everything at that show. You can't compete. You will get smoked and it will be horrible for you." This scared me into doing a Natural contest, which I was happy to place third at in my first show. This year, despite what everyone said I wanted to just be like "fuck it. i am going to do the show. I'll show them." They were right, I got smoked. But (I know it doesn't mean much to most people) I am happy to just stand there and say that I am lifetime drug free and all natrual. I did my homework. I dieted and trained my best and I just wanted to stand there knowing that I am completely free of all substances.

P...I can totally understand where your coming from. We take lots of time to bring ourselves to the stage even if only for a short time. Pizza will always be there and doesn't require 16 weeks of dieting and cardiohell.

JLB001 said:
Pizza will always be there and doesn't require 16 weeks of dieting and cardiohell.

you can say that again. when I am not dieting I usually eat a whole pizza once a week (every sunday).lol

fuck the roiders P...u should be first

IML Gear Cream!
Congratulations Patrick! Regardless of where you place just getting to the end of it and standing on stage is hard enough! :thumb:

Hope the rest of your evening went well (and you eventually enjoyed the pizza ;) ) and good luck for your new goals of oly lifting!! :hot:

So P how did it go? We want pics? :p

Congratulations Patrick!

Jodi said:
So P how did it go? We want pics? :p

man, it was pretty crazy to see the extended guts, even at this contest, a natinal qualifier! This one dude, had a huge GH gut and I swear to god the guy didn't even need to tan for the contest....his blood pressure must have been so high that he was beet red!! Honestly, he looked pretty gross. The heavy weights were pretty amazing. I mean, some of those guys looked the part, they really did. The guys in this contest were all business adn everyone backstage was talking about going to nationals, the USA's or whatever and wanting to get that pro card. The guys in my class (the middle weights) looked awesome. Especially the 5 that placed. I didn't place and unfortunatly they don't tell you anything other than the top 5 so I guess I have to wait to see when they mail me my score card. There were 14 (I think) in my class and it was tough competition. Some of these guys I swear had to be light-heavy weights, the just looked huge and theay all had paper thin skin (don't know what diuretic they were using to achieve this). I mean they were just in crazy conditioning. It seemed like they were probably weighing in the 180s wed. before the contest and then dropped like 10lbs of water down to 175 for weight in's and then carbed back up because they looked big! They must have been dieting down from over 200lbs.

Jay and Ronnie were the gues posers. jay looked huge! He was still in pretty good shape and could pose and flex his abs and everything. Ronnie...well, the man is shameless. How you can be that fat and sloppy and throw on those little posing trunks is beyond me. he looked like total shit. I mean, not a cut in sight! His gut was huge.

When I get my pics into the computer I will post them for everyone to see.

I really have no interest in looking like a BB'er anymore. especially after this show. the look (huge, ripped, etc...) which once appealed to me has lost a lot of its appeal. I would much rather look atheletic, in shape and be fast and strong. Not that i don't want to be bigger. I like to have a decent amount of size. Why have decent strength if you don't have decent size? why have decent size if you don't have decent strength? Somewhere in between would be nice. After seeing cutler backstage I realized that....THE MAN CAN'T MOVE!!! He is so stiff! I don't want to be like that. Even the heavy weights at the contest, they have like no shoulder mobility. These guys couldn't do an olympic clean. So, i am defenitly going the other route now.

anyway, that is all I have to say about the contest. I was happy with my conditioning. I was happy to do the show. Ofcourse, you always want to win but that is not always the case. I went out and had a great expereince getting my ass handed to me. I still got to walk away with my pride of accomplishment.

peace,
p

I really have no interest in looking like a BB'er anymore. especially after this show. the look (huge, ripped, etc...) which once appealed to me has lost a lot of its appeal. I would much rather look atheletic, in shape and be fast and strong. Not that i don't want to be bigger. I like to have a decent amount of size. Why have decent strength if you don't have decent size? why have decent size if you don't have decent strength? Somewhere in between would be nice. After seeing cutler backstage I realized that....THE MAN CAN'T MOVE!!! He is so stiff! I don't want to be like that. Even the heavy weights at the contest, they have like no shoulder mobility. These guys couldn't do an olympic clean. So, i am defenitly going the other route now.

That makes one sit back and think.............

To get that big and not be able to move must suck, you can't play sports .....

I know I will never ever get that big but....
I guess that's why I prefer the older BB's, they seem more flexible.

min0 lee said:
To get that big and not be able to move must suck, you play sports .....

Not really. I like to do athletic things. I like to train strongman. I have some freinds on long island that compete so I can go there and mess around with lifting stones and dragging chains. Also, I like olympic lifting a lot so I want to be able to do that comfortably. Plus, I may try and compete (aside from an olympic lifting meet and hopefully a strongman contest) in a competitive obstacle course one of these days. I just like to compete in things athletic. this is also why BBing has lost some appeal. there is nothing athletic about it. you go out there and stand. it is a beauty contest with subjective judging. I can't get into that at all. I would rather compete in something where I get to challenge myself to be strong or fast or move, etc....

Back