• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

New Motivation New Journal

Jodi

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi everyone :) Well, I know it's been a wicked long time since I posted in a journal but life has been busy and well to be blunt, working out was getting boring. I was just going through the movements and never really fully applying myself.

So, after a great weekend in Vegas and new found motivation from P, GG and MM in the gym doing the Olympic lifts, I decided to explore this.

They all made me feel so good that I could actually do this so I figured why not, lifting has been boring lately anyway.

I am just striving to be athletic in general. I am in pretty good cardiovascular shape. I run twice a week, ride my bike once or twice a week and I also teach spinning class 3-4 times a week. I haven't lost any LBM and have kept the same size. Of course that was after losing all that fat I gained when my thyroid took a nose dive but that's done and over with. I will probably be on sythroid the rest of my life but I can live with that if I have to.

I'm finishing up my last 2 weeks of melting point. What a kick ass supplement that is and I definately plan on using it again but I've been on it 10 weeks and it's time to cycle. My weight was stagnant after I started the synthroid and once I went on the MP the weight starting falling off fast. Good stuff but lots of sides that many people find unbearable.

I probably won't be logging my meals as there is no need to. I wouldn't mind losing another 5 pounds but I'm not going to kill myself trying. I fit in my clothes and I'm actually pretty satisfied with my appearance. I did gain 5 pounds in Vegas but that is almost gone now :D

So..................thanks to P I did my first own Olympic lift workout. The other day in Vegas I worked out with the gang and they showed me some of the moves. It will be hard to do this on my own but I'm thinking about getting some videos to help.

On to the workout:

Warmup: 5 min Run

8 Sets Cleans
2 @ Bar x 6
2 @ 55 x 6
2 @ 65 x 4

8 Sets Clean Pulls
2 @ 95 x 6
2 @ 105x6
2 @ 105x5
2 @ 105x4

3 Sets Front Squats: No fucking laughing :mad:
3 @ 55@6

3 Sets Back Squats:
3 @ 135x8

I caught myself doing a deadlift with the clean pulls and corrected myself repeatedly. Old habits I guess. I so suck at front squats and I've never been good at them. The good thing is that I finally found a front squat form that works for me so hopefully that number will change soon.

Jodi said:
Hi everyone :)

I haven't lost any LBM and have kept the same size. Of course that was after losing all that fat I gained when my thyroid took a nose dive but that's done and over with. I will probably be on sythroid the rest of my life but I can live with that if I have to.

I'm finishing up my last 2 weeks of melting point. What a kick ass supplement that is and I definately plan on using it again but I've been on it 10 weeks and it's time to cycle. My weight was stagnant after I started the synthroid and once I went on the MP the weight starting falling off fast. Good stuff but lots of sides that many people find unbearable.

I missed your posts about your thyroid, so please forgive me if I am re-hashing old news. Are you hypo-thyroid and take synthroid to supplement the thyroid or have you had your thyroid deactivated?

What kind of side effects did you experience on the melting point?

I'm curious since I don't even have a thyroid and it seems that those that are hypo-thyroid on here still have a partially functional thyroid so they may either supplement with synthroid or take thyroid gland supplement boosters or both.

Congrats on getting motivated. Good Luck and I look forward to following your progress.

Thanks ihateschoolmt and Aggies. I know I've been MIA and hopefully I can keep the motivation. Hilary needs to get back in here too :p

Devlin - I have a history of hyper and hypo. I just have a lazy thyroid right now. The doc is monitoring my tsh levels and with any hope I'll be able to come off synthroid but as of right now I have to stay on it. Ah well.

Melting point is a great supp but the side effects can be brutal make alot of people stop it. I've experienced lethargy, headaches and by far the worst cramping I've ever experienced in my life. Taurine +k and cal/mag help but usually once a week I'm crippled and can't move. When that happens I have to take some simple sugars to ease the cramping. If you can deal with the sides then it's good but OMG when it gets bad it gets bad :shake:

Sweet, another chick rocking olympic lifting. I'm sure you'll do well!

Hi :)

Thanks Cow :) I hope I can get the moves right! lol

Jakey :kiss: How are you? Oopps, no wonder why we havent chatted, I forgot to turn on MSN :grin: Off to bed now but I'll be online tomorrow :)

Yea, I was like wtf?! And whenever your on its BUSY. Sweet dreams! :)

A lot of greens like broccoli and so on actually suppress thyroidal output, just something I ran into. :(

Good luck on the journal ;) !

Thanks Mudge :) Yeah, doc told me to stay away from kale, broccoli and spinach. :shrug:

Hey Iain, I think I know you too :p

hey Jodi.. I have been MIA for along friggin time but I pop in today and it was so nice to see you on the journey ...

Smiles dear!!

Eri'

Thanks Eri' Nice to see you back.

Is that 2 sets of 6 reps? For cleans and clean pulls don't do more than 1-3 reps per set since you are working on technique, form, strength and speed. At 6 reps you are going to be slowing down to much and form will suffer when you get tired. You are better off doing something like 12-15 sets of 2. For the clean pulls same thing, 1-3 reps. Also, try and do them from the floor (from a deadlift position). Work on pulling from the floor under control adn thne once you pass your knees brining your hips through and exploding up with everything you got on that second pull.

When front squating in the rack position it would be better to do lower reps since your grip, shoulders and rear delts will take a beating. I usually only do 1-3 reps per set. Also, you can go heavier with the weight. I would do at minimum 100% of your best clean. So if you are cleaning 55lbs, you can comfortably olympic front squat more than that, probably closer to 75 or 80lbs. also, I would just front squat and do my back squating on another day. Save one day for your olympic lifts, save another day for your strength lifts and aux. work. I don't know what your other workouts of the week look like or how or even if you are splitting up your body parts but i woud do:

day 1
clean or a combo like 2-3 cleans followed by 2 presses
clean pulls 2-3 reps x 5 sets
front squat 2-3 reps x 5 sets

day 2
clean pull- 2 reps x 5 sets
back squat- hypertrophy rep range
something for your posterior chain (good mornings, RDL, etc)
rest of your body if you want.

How the hell did I miss this yesterday??? - :hmmm:

Let's see if I can top those #'s this afternoon - :p
(After I fatten up)
Keep us informed :clap:

P-funk said:
Is that 2 sets of 6 reps? For cleans and clean pulls don't do more than 1-3 reps per set since you are working on technique, form, strength and speed. At 6 reps you are going to be slowing down to much and form will suffer when you get tired. You are better off doing something like 12-15 sets of 2. For the clean pulls same thing, 1-3 reps. Also, try and do them from the floor (from a deadlift position). Work on pulling from the floor under control adn thne once you pass your knees brining your hips through and exploding up with everything you got on that second pull.

When front squating in the rack position it would be better to do lower reps since your grip, shoulders and rear delts will take a beating. I usually only do 1-3 reps per set. Also, you can go heavier with the weight. I would do at minimum 100% of your best clean. So if you are cleaning 55lbs, you can comfortably olympic front squat more than that, probably closer to 75 or 80lbs. also, I would just front squat and do my back squating on another day. Save one day for your olympic lifts, save another day for your strength lifts and aux. work. I don't know what your other workouts of the week look like or how or even if you are splitting up your body parts but i woud do:

day 1
clean or a combo like 2-3 cleans followed by 2 presses
clean pulls 2-3 reps x 5 sets
front squat 2-3 reps x 5 sets

day 2
clean pull- 2 reps x 5 sets
back squat- hypertrophy rep range
something for your posterior chain (good mornings, RDL, etc)
rest of your body if you want.

:grin: Yeah tha was 6 reps. I guess it's going to take time getting use to such low rep range. I didn't do the cleans or clean pulls from the floor, I did them below the knee like the other day. I will do them from the floor from now own.

The only reason I went to back squats is because I felt like a fucking wussy with those front squats. :cry: Man isn't it funny how you can be so good at one thing and just a little different movement or form and you are all screwed up. I have never really done front squats before because I could never seem to do them right. Now that I know how to do them I'm sure the number will be higher.

I don't work my arms anymore so if I did what you listed there for Day 1 & 2 aren't I getting a full body workout this way other than core/abs? I stopped training arms months ago and they never shrunk and actually look a bit more sculpted than when I did train them.

The Monkey Man said:
How the hell did I miss this yesterday??? - :hmmm:

Let's see if I can top those #'s this afternoon - :p
(After I fatten up)
Keep us informed :clap:
Oh so now that you left Vegas you are slacking in the diet :scratch: You were in Vegas with some of the finest foods.....

Men..........and they say women are confusing :confused:

:lol:

Funny thing is, as athletic as you thought you were before you started to train to do so, it is only the beginning of you realizing how different it is to train for size vs. performance.

I remember the first day of cleans I ever did, 3 years ago, I thought I was going to have a coronary. The metabolic cost of these exercises is unlike anything you will ever see. Doing a single set of 6 cleans with your 8RM is like doing a day of squats/flat bench/Rows/and just about anything you can imagine. May be an exaggeration, but not much of one.

IML Gear Cream!
I hear ya! I was so wiped last night after my workout. I can't believe in how much pain I'm in today either :eek: Traps, shoulders, back, legs damn.........everyting hurts right now LOL!

Cardio Day:

5 Mile Jog - Max HR 152

Felt so good to run today too. I haven't ran in about 2 weeks. I was suppose to teach spinning class tonight but they didn't know I was back from Vegas yet so I'm teaching Friday and Sunday.

Jodi said:
I can't believe in how much pain I'm in today either... Traps, shoulders, back, legs damn.........everyting hurts right now

:laugh:... :cry:... :laugh:... :cry:... :laugh:... :cry:...

Jodi said:
Oh so now that you left Vegas you are slacking in the diet :scratch: You were in Vegas with some of the finest foods...
But 50% of the time I only ate twice a day, compared to the 6 or 7 M.P.D.
I eat here...

Plus I lost 10-11 pounds before I left... but NO MORE... :chomp:

The Monkey Man said:
:laugh:... :cry:... :laugh:... :cry:... :laugh:... :cry:...
:finger:

It's my journal and I'll cry if I want to cry if I want to....................hehehe

:p

If you need, I can rub the sore parts. :eyebrow:

Yeah well alot of good you are doing me if you are on the other freaking side of the country :grumble: LOL! Where are you now anyway? Vermont, CT, Virginia - I lost track haha

PA, fuck the fucking cold, I am just in the shitty cold.

Yuk, PA? :barf: You in school there?

The Monkey Man said:
But 50% of the time I only ate twice a day, compared to the 6 or 7 M.P.D.
I eat here...

Plus I lost 10-11 pounds before I left... but NO MORE... :chomp:
That's because you didn't eat enough crap food like us girls did :laugh:

Back