• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Aussie, G'day

Tigersman

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Just signed on. Looking for advice for home work-outs. Also can't seem to stay motivated, not a good goal setter i guess? Have been working out and using supps for years, but on and off. In the past 2-3yrs have put on 20kgs. I'm 6ft 95kgs and struggled for years to gain mass. Taking supps changed all that in a hurry, i have no trouble building muscle or going hard. Played sport all my life, now have 3 kids i regularly run around with, through their sport. Just want to get in shape and have a crack at playing Rugby League next year before i get too old. They play, and i want to inspire them, and show them i know what i'm talking about when i try to help them. Diet wise, apart from the supps, i'm terrible! I hate vegies, just cannot eat them. Don't eat heaps of junk, don't drink, in process of quitting smoking, never done drugs. So i'm reasonably healthy. Biggest problem is, i go all out or not at all. If i have to miss a scheduled day, I'll miss the week. After this cycle, a couple of months later i'll start all over again. Most ever lasted was training 3mths straight. Help!!!:confused:

if u dun that on and off............ not even ur god can help u bro.. If ur a Man, u must be able to achieve what u want. How many ppl with great bodies du u see when u go out on an average day????? Only in single figure? Yeah! To hav a great body that not everyone has, U hav to give something ! Dont you want to do something that not everyone can do? So, It is not easy to look great! But, impossible is nothing,,,,, see even young boys in this sites are packing on muscles?

Kingkonggyi said:
if u dun that on and off............ not even ur god can help u bro.. If ur a Man, u must be able to achieve what u want. How many ppl with great bodies du u see when u go out on an average day????? Only in single figure? Yeah! To hav a great body that not everyone has, U hav to give something ! Dont you want to do something that not everyone can do? So, It is not easy to look great! But, impossible is nothing,,,,, see even young boys in this sites are packing on muscles?
Thanks mate. You've told me everything i need to know to stay motivated!:lame: Good for you, you sound very motivated. Unfortunately,as stated, i get that motivated but cannot keep it going long enough. That's why i'm here.

Your diet is part of your problem, eh? Maybe sleep is lacking a bit too - you've a busy life with work and family. I bet you don't get to be much before 11 and you're up early for work. Finding time for regular workouts will be tricky. Finding motivation to change your diet will be an even bigger challenge.

You've come to the right place. Most of us have had to face the fact that in order to look and perform at our peak - far above the average - we have to adjust our mental gearing.

You have as good, maybe better reason than most here to continue your lifestyle adjustments.

1. You want to get in shape for athletic performance.
2. You want to set a good example for your kids.
3. You have are starting to see that you aren't able to get away with poor diet, sleep, lack of exercise, smoking and lack of stress relief.

That last bit, it catches up to you right quick, in your adult years.

We can give you decent pointers on diet adjustments...you make these tweeks in steps, taking your family along with you, because what you eat, they tend to eat as well. Start a log here please. We can show you how to keep track of calories in, and how to estimate those your burn as well, so that you can stop the accumulation of fat.

You gain muscle easily - thats good. Start by reading through some of the training journals and training stickies (perma-posts at the top of each section) for ideas on training programs that might work. They will give you ideas. Post these, and ask humbly for feedback, in a training journal, taking care to post the basics as well: physical stats including age, goals, history, and any special bits on medical history (injuries, disease) that may be important.

Your first step to begin working on regular exercise motivation might be a simple one. For the next few weeks, get up just a wee bit earlier, and take a brisk 20-30 min walk. Do the same thing in the early evenng - take a kid, and a dog with you, if you have one. Learn to clear your mind and to breath from the belly instead of the chest, timing your breathing with your steps (maybe breathing in and out to count of four). This breathing re-regulation will help reduce stress, get your metabolism up and going, give you a clear mental break between work and home, and instill a habit for regular exercise in you and your kids. If the wife is inclined, take her as well - she too may have difficulty with her weight, with stress and finding time for exercise.

Once you have this pattern confortably under your belt, you can start to work out at home with a simple weight set. You don't need much room, it could be set up in a garage or basement. You will need a bench and a simple rack. Full body workouts are what you want - when you look through those training journals, look for whole body circuits, and do them three times a week to start, 30-45 min. Thats it. Learn about hydration and its importance - and start to make a habit of hydrating throughout the day, not just during execise.

After a few months, you'll find that changes in body chemistry will affect your attitude and desire to encourage further changes in your body and lifestyle. You may find more interest in eating better - for its contribution in helping you reach very attainable, yet significant, body composition.

In 6 months or a year, you may find that you want to increase the range of exercises you use. By then, your *support* structure, cartiledge, tendons and other connective tissues that attach muscle to bone, will have adapted, along with your energy levels, to your resistance training. Thats when you step up your training to a gym environment, still at a rate of a three days per week. By then, you may have expanded your daily walks (yes, you're still using them to combat stress and rev up your energy metabolism) to 45 min or an hour every other day. You're walking very briskly, belly breathing fully, and by now, you're lung capacity will have recovered from smoking, you feel *good*, really good at the end of these walks, and they go by almost too quickly. Thats moderate aerboic exercise. You can augment it with bike riding, running short sprints, jumping rope, etc. And your kids can join you, because you can invest in their health, mental and physical, as you do your own.

You do this, and you can reduce your health care costs by more than 60%. Get your wife involved, and your whole family may find that you can avoid yearly colds, flus, and the typical round of childhood contagious disease, as well as a reduction in allergies and asthma.

Next, you should find an improvement in mental performance. You'll be more alert, find yourself dropping easily from alert to relaxed status, and feeling more upbeat and in control, rather than being harried and endlessly stressed by your job. You're disposition improves, and so does that of your family. Its been shown that parents and offspring who exercise regularly and eat properly have a much less stressful family dynamic.

In short, you become, in action and word, that positive role model you seek for your children.

Last bit of advice. There are a most set of supplements you should consider investing in, during the upcoming 6 months, as you slowly adjust your diet to a more healthy and balanced nutritional status. These are the basics: a multivitamin plus minerals, omega-3 fats (DHA and EPA), extra vitamin C, and maybe a little magnesium citrate, and glucosamine for your joints.

One important tweek that must be made: regular sleep habits. Good for you and your family. See my longish posts on sleep hygiene in the health section. Its the second most important change you can make, after diet, and ranking just ahead of regular exercise. Supplements are far down the ladder in terms of bang for buck effectiveness, with respect to investiment of effort and money. Use the core, and in time, if you need some tweeks, in say a year, then consider adding a modest number that may help your body recovery more efficiently as the intensity of effort within your anaerobic workouts (strength training) becomes more taxing.

The secret to beat your tabacco habit - s-adenosylmethionine, sam-e.

Take this supplement, 200 mg first thing in the morning, 20 min before breakfast, and again in the mid afternoon, beween meals, with water. In two or three weeks, double the dose.

This will, I guarantee you, allow you to quit without the rebound effect and compulsion to begin again, when faced with stress or certain cues that you used for cigarette use in the past. There's a dashed good technical reason I could give you, but its long and involved, and not needed. Suffice it to say tha the reason you have this habit is because of chemical triggers that you will be addressing with this supplement. In time, you will need less.

PM if you have questions.

Nice to meet you; welcome to IM.

Back