• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

For those who don't believe, read between the lines.....

THEUNIT(XXL)

Ronnie Coleman RULES!
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
RONNIE RETURNING?
Written by: By Julian Schmidt Senior Writer

Don't believe the rumors that Coleman will be back on stage for the 2008 Arnold Classic. When he hints of his possible appearance in that show, he's talking about 2009, and even then, it's with an emphatic "maybe."

ronniewebdp0.jpg

To squelch those rumors, he explains, "I've been competing non-stop since 1990, doing about five shows a year with no break, none whatsoever. Even when I was doing the Mr. Olympia, I always did the European shows afterward -- I never missed one of those; so I plan on taking the entire year of 2008 off, hopefully to get a good long rest for my body, after tearing it down for so many years. I won't train as hard as I normally do, then hope to come back in '09 renewed and rebuilt. If I do the Arnold Classic and win, then I'll do the Mr. Olympia; but only if I win the Arnold. That would be the first show I'd come back to; I've always wanted to do it again. Meanwhile, I'm still training, because I have guest posings coming up. I'm eating good and working out every day. Nothing has changed, except that I'll take a good year off to heal up and rest up. I'm just getting ready for '09."

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

No I think he did the right thing to be still competing, I mean, for a lot of people, Ronnie is Mr.Olympia, we had a guest posing here in the Netherlands from Jay, and they anounced that Mr.Olympia would be there, wich off course he is, but for some reason it took me a few seconds to get it when I saw Jay on the poster, what I'm trying to say is, that it's not about a title, it's not about the paycheck, it's not about 1st 5th of 10th place, it's about Big Ron, maybe a little like Ruhl had it, people would go crazy when he got onstage, and he never got higher than 5th, people didn't care, and he knew it, now for Ronnie it's off course a little different since he won the title 8 times allready, but for me, in my personal opinion, I was just glad to see him onstage there, people allways talking about Lee Haney should have continued, Arnold should have, now there is finaly someone who did that, and I think that's great.
Until the fans don't want to see him anymore, until he stops having fun at what he does, he can continue.

in my personal opinion, I was just glad to see him onstage there, people allways talking about Lee Haney should have continued, Arnold should have, now there is finaly someone who did that, and I think that's great.

Arnold and Lee knew when to quit, Ronnie can't seem to figure it out. :)

Arnold and Lee left the fans, Coleman will go on until he can't do no more.

I would have liked to see him win a 9th Mr. O....Its always cool to see a record broken, but on the other hand I don't see it happening for him anymore unless he really pulls it together over his year off.

1.5 years off ;)

the time off won't help because he will be that much older, age, injuries and drugs have finally caught up with him, if he was smart he would use his bodybuilding success in other ways and save what is left of his health, he's an idiot and must have a death wish. he could still stay involved in bodybuilding and make a lot of money without using all of the drugs and competing, not to mention losing shows and looking foolish, after the 8th Mr. O title he should have retired, rather than going out as one of the biggest and best Mr. O's ever he will be remebered as the fool that did not know when to quit.

IML Gear Cream!
Maybe to you, but not everybody feels like that, and I think it's good to give it another try, if he can't get back to his old form, well than he can always quit, but he should at least try.

Arnold and Lee knew when to quit, Ronnie can't seem to figure it out. :)

Arnold left and them came back. Lee can't come back because he burned all of his bridges.

I don't know, taking a year off may do wonders for Ronnie. Like he said, he hasn't had a break in 17 years. The only real hold-up is his gut. I think that if he can somehow bring it down, he'll look better than ever.

I should note that I think the old school bodybuilders are way better than the current crop.

I totally agree w/Prince...you have to get out when your at the top...

what is he coming back for anyway? Just to get more endorsement offers?

Arnold left and them came back.

Arnold won 6 Mr. O titles and retired, then came back in 1980 and won his 7th title, point being Arnold never lost, not to mention he was younger and only did 1/10th the amount of drugs as pros today.

Ronnie has nothing left to prove, he was literally the biggest Mr. O ever and won 8 titles in a row, he looks like shit because his body is falling apart from heavy non-stop drug use, extreme training, etc. you have to know when your day is over and his was two years ago, he could have retired a legend instead he is making a fool of himself by continuing to compete and placing lower each year, go out when you're on top and be remembered as the best.

I think he could come back and wow us all one last time....when was it like 05 he came in looking REDICULOUS.....that was only two years ago.....I would like to see him pick up a 9th and retire a legend...he is already at that level.

I think he could come back and wow us all one last time....when was it like 05 he came in looking REDICULOUS.....that was only two years ago.....I would like to see him pick up a 9th and retire a legend...he is already at that level.

apparently you live in the in the same dream world as Ronnie! :lol:

Nothing but haters..........

Nothing but haters..........

I like Ronnie, met him a few years ago at a local show he guest posed at here in Colorado, I think in his prime he was awesome, the biggest and most freakiest Mr. O ever, I just think his days are over.

I think his days are over, but I think he could push the envelope again with some time off....He would quit nw while all he is losing is a title....maybe his next charge at the top will cost him his health.....but I think Ronnie is a machine and pushes through and with time off I am not going to rule out him comming back one last time......on the other coin I am really a Cutler fan so I'm happy Ronnie isn't on top....so don't get it twisted like I am this gungho Ronnie fan because I am not. I just know the guy is able to do amazing things.

Back