• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

EQ, blood pressure... and aspirin?

redflash

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Guys, my first 500mg/wk test cycle ws much easier on my blood pressure than I had expected. Previously I had tried Test plus EQ.

On earlier cycles using up to 400mg EQ with say 375mg test, I had occasional increases in blood pressure where I was within normal range but didn't like the feeling - and I assumed it was caused by aromatisation and resultant water retention. So I was nervous about switching to a base of test only.

But this cycle was the best for blood pressure by far. Which leads me to believe that the "thicker" (more red blood cells) blood people talk about on EQ was the cause of my raised blood pressure, and not water retention. A relief and a revelation...

Reason 1 for this post: if you are an older bodybuilder (I'm late 40s) or even if you're not, and concerned about blood pressure, don't steer clear of test because you're scared of water retention and substitute EQ because the discussion boards applaud it. Try straight Test first and see how your body reacts. I read this before my first cycle but thought I knew better...

From now on I'm going to use Test as my base.

But this did get me wondering about Aspirin. Here in the UK doctors have been talking for some time about whether it would be beneficial for most of the population to take a couple of "junior" aspirin per day to "thin" the blood. Nothing conclusive but no red flags raised either.

Reason 2 for this post: is the "thickening" mechanism of EQ the same as that involved in the "thinning" caused by aspirin? This is an open question to those who know about these things. If so, should anyone considering a cycle including EQ also include 2 x junior aspirin per day at the same time? Would this avoid the BP issue while retaining all the other benefits of EQ?

If so, I'd be preared to consider EQ again in future as I liked the effect (but not the side-effect).

Many thanks to any expert out there who can make sense of this and provide a response.

Flash

I think cardio is more important for BP control than aspirin is. Aspirin couldn't hurt however. I'd suggest dosing a baby aspirin 2x a day, maybe once in the morning, and once before bed. Running EQ between 400-500 mg a week for a while, and with alot of cardio and clean diet, BP is about the same as it is off cycle. IMO I think cardio and diet play a larger roll in BP. Add to that low sodium.

Back