• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

DP, LAM or anyone!!! BCAA help puleez!!!!

lina

It's a Wonderful Life!!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
OK, I am gonna try those BCAA pills (20) per Beverly. The question is: Do I cut out glutamine??????

They told me to cut it out and take BCAA instead, before/during/after workout,...20 in total. Butt, I remember LAM said he upped his glutamine when taking BCAA! So now I'm scratching my head :scratch: !!!!!!!!!

What should I do? Anyone? :shrug:

lina...I was on a serious calorie restrictive diet for about 2 months which is when glutamine seems to have the greatest effect for protein sparing.

what kind of changes are you making to your caloric intake ?

I read that BCAA's should be taken before work outs and before sleep and about 2 hours from any other proteins so they do not compete for pituitary receptors for growth hormone. When they are taken with other proteins they will cancel each other out.

Originally posted by Sauron
I read that BCAA's should be taken before work outs and before sleep and about 2 hours from any other proteins so they do not compete for pituitary receptors for growth hormone. When they are taken with other proteins they will cancel each other out.

Right track, concerning receptor competion, however......

Lina, I suggest you take the BCAAs about 10-15 minutes prior to your W/O. We are trying to convince the body that by a higher concentration of BCAAs in the system, that muscle tissue has already broken down, and to thereby spare further catabolism from the coming W/O! :D

My preference for glutamine, if you use it, is directly post W/O and then if excessively sore, or under-recovered...again before bed!

DP

in additon ingesting BCAA's post workout have been proven to aid protein synthesis in the muscles just trained as well, there effects are mediated by gh...

LAM, my cals have been cut back maybe 200 cals from around 1400 to around 1200, but with carb ups on M/Th that are about 1300. So you were on a strict diet for 2 months? Any loss of LBM?

Sauron, thanks for your info!

DP, I think I'll just do a post w/o glutamine then with the BCAA! Thanks again! :)

Kuso, thanks for the suggestion! :D

lina...so far no loss of LBM. I was getting scared so I upped my cals last week since I got my bf% to a managable level...

Hmmm...LAM! I just read on another thread that you have done very well with your bf%!!!! :thumb: :thumb:
So how much more cutting you gonna do?

Thanks! :)

I'm thinking about cutting until my B-Day which is Oct 6..then go on a very clean bulking cycle.

hopefully I'll be able to get down to around 5-6%, my mom bet me that I couldn't !

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by LAM
I'm thinking about cutting until my B-Day which is Oct 6..then go on a very clean bulking cycle.

hopefully I'll be able to get down to around 5-6%, my mom bet me that I couldn't !

He, he!! :D Your mom must know that by saying that, she would get you to do it... she must know you so well!!! :)

that she does, cause I'm just like her ! :)

"when" I get down to 5-6% I gurantee she will say I'm to light and I need to gain weight...

..yes as she piles ....
the mashed potatoes...
and gravy on your plate :lick: :D

Back