Page 11 of 133 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Rep Points

Jack O'Connell Cast In 300: BATTLE OF ARTEMISIA

Daily Mail (via The Playlist) reveals that British actor Jack O'Connell (who previously worked on the television series Skins, and will be soon be seen in Legendary Pictures' The Seventh Son) has signed on for a role in Warner Bros.' planned 300 follow-up, apparently titled 300: Battle Of Artemisia. The movie is expected to begin production this summer in Bulgaria. O'Connell is said to be playing the character Calista, and is currently undergoing some sword training for the part. Jamie Blackley was previously set to play the character, but recently dropped out. He joins previously revealed cast members Sullivan Stapleton, Eva Green, Rodrigo Santoro (who's reprising his role as Xerxes from the first movie) and Callan Mulvey. Noam Murro is directing from a script by Kurt Johnstad.

300: Battle Of Artemisia is expected to hit theaters August 2nd, 2013.

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Rep Points

The Dark Tower series a Warner Brothers trilogy?!

With HBO Producing The TV Series?!?!

After many months of being swallowed by oblivion, at last, we have a studio revealing interest in adapting The Dark Tower series, Stephen King's science fiction-fantasy-post apocalyptic-horror-western-epic-saga. Mike Flemming reports from Deadline.com that none other than Warner Brothers are, for a fact, in negotiations and are very close to making a deal -with Ron Howard and partners, to bankroll their interpretation of King's magnum opus.

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Rep Points

Elite Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gregzs View Post
    The Dark Tower series a Warner Brothers trilogy?!

With HBO Producing The TV Series?!?!

After many months of being swallowed by oblivion, at last, we have a studio revealing interest in adapting The Dark Tower series, Stephen King's science fiction-fantasy-post apocalyptic-horror-western-epic-saga. Mike Flemming reports from Deadline.com that none other than Warner Brothers are, for a fact, in negotiations and are very close to making a deal -with Ron Howard and partners, to bankroll their interpretation of King's magnum opus.

That could be amazing! I loved that story.

The Dark Tower (series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Rep Points

Oscar-winning star Ernest Borgnine dies at 95 | Comcast

LOS ANGELES ? Ernest Borgnine, the beefy screen star known for blustery, often villainous roles, but who won the best-actor Oscar for playing against type as a lovesick butcher in "Marty" in 1955, died Sunday. He was 95.
    His longtime spokesman, Harry Flynn, told The Associated Press that Borgnine died of renal failure at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center with his wife and children at his side.
    Borgnine, who endeared himself to a generation of Baby Boomers with the 1960s TV comedy "McHale's Navy," first attracted notice in the early 1950s in villain roles, notably as the vicious Fatso Judson, who beat Frank Sinatra to death in "From Here to Eternity."
    Then came "Marty," a low-budget film based on a Paddy Chayefsky television play that starred Rod Steiger. Borgnine played a 34-year-old who fears he is so unattractive he will never find romance. Then, at a dance, he meets a girl with the same fear.
    "Sooner or later, there comes a point in a man's life when he's gotta face some facts," Marty movingly tells his mother at one point in the film. "And one fact I gotta face is that, whatever it is that women like, I ain't got it. I chased after enough girls in my life. I-I went to enough dances. I got hurt enough. I don't wanna get hurt no more."
    The realism of Chayefsky's prose and Delbert Mann's sensitive direction astonished audiences accustomed to happy Hollywood formulas. Borgnine won the Oscar and awards from the Cannes Film Festival, New York Critics and National Board of Review.
    Mann and Chayefsky also won Oscars, and the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences hailed the $360,000 "Marty" as best picture over big-budget contenders "The Rose Tattoo," "Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing," "Picnic" and "Mister Roberts."
    "The Oscar made me a star, and I'm grateful," Borgnine told an interviewer in 1966. "But I feel had I not won the Oscar I wouldn't have gotten into the messes I did in my personal life."
    Those messes included four failed marriages, including one in 1964 to singer Ethel Merman that lasted less than six weeks.
    But Borgnine's fifth marriage, in 1973 to Norwegian-born Tova Traesnaes, endured and brought with it an interesting business partnership. She manufactured and sold her own beauty products under the name of Tova and used her husband's rejuvenated face in her ads.
    During a 2007 interview with the AP, Borgnine expressed delight that their union had reached 34 years. "That's longer than the total of my four other marriages," he commented, laughing heartily.
    Although still not a marquee star until after "Marty," the roles of heavies started coming regularly after "From Here to Eternity." Among the films: "Bad Day at Black Rock," "Johnny Guitar," "Demetrius and the Gladiators," "Vera Cruz."
    Director Nick Ray advised the actor: "Get out of Hollywood in two years or you'll be typed forever." Then came the Oscar, and Borgnine's career was assured.
    He played a sensitive role opposite Bette Davis in another film based on a Chayefsky TV drama, "The Catered Affair," a film that was a personal favorite. It concerned a New York taxi driver and his wife who argued over the expense of their daughter's wedding.
    But producers also continued casting Borgnine in action films such as "Three Bad Men," "The Vikings," "Torpedo Run," "Barabbas," "The Dirty Dozen" and "The Wild Bunch."
    Then he successfully made the transition to TV comedy.
    From 1962 to 1966, Borgnine ? a Navy vet himself ? starred in "McHale's Navy" as the commander of a World War II PT boat with a crew of misfits and malcontents. Obviously patterned after Phil Silvers' popular Sgt. Bilko, McHale was a con artist forever tricking his superior, Capt. Binghamton, played by the late Joe Flynn.
    The cast took the show to the big screen in 1964 with a "McHale's Navy" movie.
    "We lost another great guy today," tweeted actress Barbara Eden, who starred in another 1960s television show, "I Dream of Jeannie."
    Borgnine's later films included "Ice Station Zebra," "The Adventurers," "Willard," "The Poseidon Adventure," "The Greatest" (as Muhammad Ali's manager), "Convoy," "Ravagers," "Escape from New York," "Moving Target" and "Mistress."
    More recently, Borgnine had a recurring role as the apartment house doorman-cum-chef in the NBC sitcom "The Single Guy." He had a small role in the unsuccessful 1997 movie version of "McHale's Navy." And he was the voice of Mermaid Man on "SpongeBob SquarePants" and Carface on "All Dogs Go to Heaven 2."
    "I don't care whether a role is 10 minutes long or two hours," he remarked in 1973. "And I don't care whether my name is up there on top, either. Matter of fact, I'd rather have someone else get top billing; then if the picture bombs, he gets the blame, not me."
    Ermes Efron Borgnino was born in Hamden, Conn., on Jan. 24, 1917, the son of Italian immigrant parents. The family lived in Milan when the boy was 2 to 7, then returned to Connecticut, where he attended school in New Haven.
    Borgnine joined the Navy in 1935 and served on a destroyer during World War II. He weighed 135 pounds when he enlisted. He left the Navy 10 years later, weighing exactly 100 pounds more.
    "I wouldn't trade those 10 years for anything," he said in 1956. "The Navy taught me a lot of things. It molded me as a man, and I made a lot of wonderful friends."
    For a time he contemplated taking a job with an air conditioning company. But his mother persuaded him to enroll at the Randall School of Dramatic Arts in Hartford. He stayed four months, the only formal training he received.
    He appeared in repertory at the Barter Theater in Virginia, toured as a hospital attendant in "Harvey" and played a villain on TV's "Captain Video."
    After earning $2,300 in 1951, Borgnine almost accepted a position with an electrical company. But the job fell through, and he returned to acting, moving into a modest house in Los Angeles' San Fernando Valley.
    His first marriage was to Rhoda Kenins, whom he met when she was a Navy pharmacist's mate and he was a patient. They had a daughter, but the marriage ended in divorce after his "Marty" stardom.
    Borgnine married Mexican actress Katy Jurado in 1959, and their marriage resulted in headlined squabbles from Hollywood to Rome before it ended in 1964.
    In 1963, he and Merman startled the show business world by announcing, after a month's acquaintance, that they would marry when his divorce from Jurado became final. The Broadway singing star and the movie tough guy seemed to have nothing in common, and their marriage ended in 38 days after a fierce battle.
    "If you blinked, you missed it," Merman once cracked.
    Next came one-time child actress Donna Rancourt, with whom Borgnine had a daughter, and finally his happy union with Tova.
    On Jan. 24, 2007, Borgnine celebrated his 90th birthday with a party for friends and family at a West Hollywood bistro. He seemed little changed from his years as a lusty villain or sympathetic hero on the screen. His only concession to age had come at 88 when he gave up driving the bus he would take around the country, stopping to talk with local folks along the way.
    During an interview at the time, Borgnine complained that he wanted to continue acting but most studio executives kept asking, "Is he still alive?"
    "I just want to do more work," he said. "Every time I step in front of a camera I feel young again. I really do. It keeps your mind active and it keeps you going."

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Rep Points

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Rep Points

Four Actors Join The Cast Of THE WOLVERINE

Hiroyuki Sanada ("Lost," Rush Hour 3, The Last Samurai) is set to play Shingen; veteran actor Hal Yamanouchi (The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, Push, Sinbad of the Seven Seas) plays Yashida; and new discoveries Tao Okamoto and Rila [frick]ushima will star as Mariko and Yukio, respectively.

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Rep Points

UPDATE: Will Yun Lee Cast As SILVER SAMURAI In THE WOLVERINE

UPDATE: Will Yun Lee Cast As SILVER SAMURAI In THE WOLVERINE

According to Variety, Fox and James Mangold have found the villain for their upcoming Wolverine movie in the form of Will Yun Lee. The site report that - "details of the Harada character are being kept under wraps and production is scheduled to begin next month in Australia." - but of course we all know that "Harada" has to be Kenuichio Harada, better known as The Silver Samurai.

Lee has appeared in numerous movies and tv shows over the years, including the Witchblade tv movie and Elektra. He also has upcoming roles in Red Dawn and the Total Recall remakes.

UPDATE: THR report that Brian Tee (Grimm) has also joined the cast as Norubo Mori, "a corrupt minister of justice who is about to marry the daughter of a Yakuza crime lord".

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Rep Points

3D conversion after filming. Does that work out well?

MAN OF STEEL To Recieve The Post Conversion Treatment

Superman gets some extra dimensions for the big screen. A post 3D and IMAX conversion will give the Man of Steel some extra box-office strength.

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Rep Points

Independence Day 2 And A New Stargate A Possibility

Speaking about an Independence Day sequel Dean Devlin told The Hollywood Reporter :

"for the very first time since we did the original, I feel we have a worthy concept, a worthy path to go, ..Whether or not we can make this happen, if we can get all the pieces to come together, that?s gonna be challenging."

"We resisted doing the sequel for years because we still wanted to honor the first one. The first one gave us all careers, and we really love that movie and loved the experience," Devlin explained. "We didn?t want to make a movie because it was financially a good idea, we only wanted to do it when we had an idea and a concept that creatively felt like it honored the first one -- that it felt like an organic sequel as opposed to ?let?s just go make some more money.'
    I feel like we got it," he continued. "I think it took a long time, but I feel like we finally got something that really feels like, 'that?s worth seeing as a sequel to Independence Day.'"

And regarding Stargate he added:

"Stargate has always had this empty hole, When we made the first one, we always intended on doing part two and three, and we were prevented for years. And our hope is that we can get another chance at Stargate and tell the entire story we wanted to tell."

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Rep Points

RUMOR: Two Japanese Pop-Stars Joining The Cast Of THE WOLVERINE?

Even though casting is being quite tight-lipped, Japanese pop-stars Jin Akanishi and GACKT are rumored to be joining Hugh Jackman in the upcoming X-Men spin-off, The Wolverine.

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Rep Points

Michael Fassbender To Star In ASSASSIN'S CREED

There has been talk of a big screen adaptation of Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed for a while now, and while fans were worried they would be getting another Doom or Resident Evil, A-List actor Michael Fassbender (X-Men: First Class) has signed up for the title role!

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

the previews for Total Recall actually look kind of kick ass...I may have to retract my earlier statement as that was one of Arnold's lamest movies...
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Rep Points

Mackenzie Crook & Tara Fitzgerald To Join GAME OF THRONES Season 3?

The rumor mill has tossed out a couple of possible cast additions ahead of the GOT panel at Comic-Con. If true, the Pirates Of The Caribbean actor would play Vargo Hoat, while Fitzgerald would play Selyse Florent..

Game Of Thrones resumes filming for its third season this month in Belfast, and we have a couple of new names that might be joining them: British actors Mackenzie Crook - who most American fans will know from the Pirates Of The Carribean movies, and most Brit fans from tv's The Office - and Tara Fitzgerald (Brassed Off, Rancid Aliminium).
    According to IFTN..
    Crook, best known for his role as Gareth Keenan in ?The Office?, is reportedly set to play Vargo ?The Goat? Hoat in the HBO series, while Fitzgerald, a regular on BBC series ?Waking the Dead?, is rumoured to play Selyse Florent, the wife of Stannis Baratheon, played by Stephen Dillane ).

Representatives of both Crook and Fitzgerald were unable to comment on the casting news, but it is expected all will be revealed when the casting announcements are made official at Comic-Con in California on Friday July 13.

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Rep Points

Odin To Share Scenes With Jane Foster In THOR 2

In the first film Thor destroys the rainbow bridge thus preventing him from venturing back to Earth. Of course this issue was sort of solved in The Avengers because Odin mustered up some Dark Magic. But that came off as something they couldn't do all the time going forward, so now it seems they'll transport Jane Foster to Asgard instead. Well, according to Sir Anthony Hopkins, and you never question a Sir.

?I haven?t got a script yet but I believe Natalie and I have some scenes together this time."

Hopkins says he?s looking as much forward to ?Thor 2″ as he is to ?Red 2″, in which he plays a ?crazy scientist?.