• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Fu Fu's l337 journal

IML Gear Cream!
fufu said:
lawl, thanks. My bench press is my weakest lift for sure though.

Yeah, I used to suck ass at benching too... The sessions with the PLer's has definately helped a lot so far, but I'm assuming you're sticking with strict ass bodybuilder form.

Seanp156 said:
Yeah, I used to suck ass at benching too... The sessions with the PLer's has definately helped a lot so far, but I'm assuming you're sticking with strict ass bodybuilder form.

lawl pretty much.

Weight was 174.5 lbs this morning. So I am gaining weight slowly, which is what I'm trying to do. So that's good.

Gonna go fishing today then go to the gym later on.

Was feeling out of it and pretty tired today. I watered down today's workout a bit.

olympic squats - RI 90 seconds
set #1 - 8 reps at 115 lbs (warm up)
set #2 - 8 reps at 225 lbs
set #3 - 8 reps at 225 lbs
set #4 - 8 reps at 225 lbs

Haven't done olympic stance in a long time. Felt good, these went really smooth. I was pretty impressed with myself, 225 felt pretty light. I did these reps fast and form was good.

single legged leg press - RI 75 seconds
set #1 - 12 reps each leg at 195 lbs
set #2 - 12 reps each leg at 195 lbs

db Romanian deadlifts - RI 120 seconds
set #1 - 8 reps at x2 100 lbs
set #2 - 8 reps at x2 100 lbs
set #3 - 8 reps at x2 100 lbs PR

heavy stretching
walking w/ controlled breathing and meditation for 5 minutes.

felt spaced out and tired before the workout, but felt clear headed and tired when I left, but a different kind of tired. Good workout.

Nice jawb, lawl. Those squats ATF?

BigDyl said:
Nice jawb, lawl. Those squats ATF?

naw, they weren't ATG but they were definatly past parallel.

Noice, past parrellel is all that matters.

It may sound stupid but what is an Olympic squat overhead front or bare bell?

Brutus_G said:
It may sound stupid but what is an Olympic squat overhead front or bare bell?

It is a back squat. It is kind of a narrow stance, feet pointing forward - as opposed to a PL squat where you stand wide with feet pointing out. It puts more pressure on the quads and less on the hips.

fufu said:
It is a back squat. It is kind of a narrow stance, feet pointing forward - as opposed to a PL squat where you stand wide with feet pointing out. It puts more pressure on the quads and less on the hips.

Weird, that's how i've been squatting for the past year or so. I always use a narrow stance with feet pointing forward and going ATG. I always thought an olympic style squat was when you have the bar up on your shoulders near your neck and PL style was when you have it down lower on your traps.

I should give PL squat a try someday.

IML Gear Cream!
shiznit2169 said:
Weird, that's how i've been squatting for the past year or so. I always use a narrow stance with feet pointing forward and going ATG. I always thought an olympic style squat was when you have the bar up on your shoulders near your neck and PL style was when you have it down lower on your traps.

I should give PL squat a try someday.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the bar sits high on an Olympic squat. PL squat is def. a different feel. It gets the insides of my thighs really sore.

Did some controlled breathing in water today for 10 minutes. I took valerian root for the first time last night to help restore my sleep cycles. I will be using melatonin tonight by itself to see how that goes.

I don't think I mentioned it, but my sleeping has been ridiculous and unhealthy the past 6 months. My mind has been getting foggier by the day and my memory has starting failing, so I figured I need to get back on track. I've been making great strength and size gains, but my mind has been going shitty and stress has been high. I decided I need to get my shit together before I go crazy.

Hey man i also use melatonin works great for me. You should also trt zma for deeper sleep

Brutus_G said:
Hey man i also use melatonin works great for me. You should also trt zma for deeper sleep

ZMA did nothing for me at all. Actually seemed to make me sleep worse the nights I took it.

Seanp156 said:
I haven't really been sleeping the greatest lately either... Hot weather sucks... I much prefer the fall and winter.

good thing I have an AC in my room. :D

I dont like zma either. I get little sleep for a good reason. My kids have me up at 6 each morning.

Seanp156 said:
Damn, you're 24 and have kids? :eek:

lawl, in four years you might have kids! Imagine that!

Double D said:
I dont like zma either. I get little sleep for a good reason. My kids have me up at 6 each morning.

Both valerien root and melatonin work for me so far.

IML Gear Cream!
Yeah I have 2 kids. I adopted my 3 year old and I have a one year old.

Hey fufu a good ole Bud Light or 2 may do the trick......haha
Alright well maybe its not bodybuilder friendly, but they sure are tastey.

Double D said:
Yeah I have 2 kids. I adopted my 3 year old and I have a one year old.

Hey fufu a good ole Bud Light or 2 may do the trick......haha
Alright well maybe its not bodybuilder friendly, but they sure are tastey.

Where is your adopted child from?

Bud light = :barf:

I started to date my wife and she had a child prior to me and her getting together. I didnt only fall in love with my wife, but with her daughter to. She is such a cute little girl and the sweetest. Its hard to believe that some people have children out there and want nothing to do with them.

Oh and you don't like Bud Light???!!!?? Thats crazy.

Double D said:
I started to date my wife and she had a child prior to me and her getting together. I didnt only fall in love with my wife, but with her daughter to. She is such a cute little girl and the sweetest. Its hard to believe that some people have children out there and want nothing to do with them.

Oh and you don't like Bud Light???!!!?? Thats crazy.

I don't see how people can not love their children.

Meh, I prefer European beers, something with more substance.

fufu said:
Meh, I prefer European beers, something with more substance.

Yeah, I got to help support our city, St.Louis. The Busch family. :thumb:

Well I got great sleep over the weekend. Hopefully I have a good workout today.

Today's workout -

barbell row(pronated grip) - RI 90 seconds
set #1 - 8 reps at 45 lbs (warm up)
set #2 - 8 reps at 95 lbs (warm up)
set #3 - 8 reps at 145 lbs
set #4 - 8 reps at 155 lbs
set #5 - 8 reps at 160 lbs PR :rolleyes:

my barbell rows suck compared to my DB. I can pull way more weight with dbs which doesn't make sense, I might be doing these wrong. I think I should be getting a good 30-40 lbs more with the reps I did today with a barbell.

seated cable row(neutral grip) - RI 90 seconds
set #1 - 8 reps at 135 lbs
set #2 - 8 reps at 135 lbs
set #3 - 8 reps at 135 lbs

dumb bell bench press - RI 120 seconds
set #1 - 6 reps at x2 85 lbs
set #2 - 6 reps at x2 85 lbs PR

I decided I needed to make over my routine when I could only do a struggling three reps at this weight, looks like it payed off.

hammer strength wide chest press - RI 90 seconds
set #1 - 6 reps at 3 plates each side
set #2 - 4 reps at 3 plates each side(seated lower)

seated chest press machine(wide grip) - RI 90 seconds
set #1 - 12 reps at 135 lbs (slow negative)
set #2 - 12 reps at 135 lbs (slow negative)

straight arm cable pulldown - RI 90 seconds
set #1 - 10 reps at 140 lbs
set #2 - 10 reps at 140 lbs PR

incline db curls - RI 90 seconds
set #1 - 8 reps each arm at x2 35 lbs
set #2 - 8 reps each arm at x2 35 lbs

single armed preacher machine curls
set #1 - 8 reps each arm at 75 lbs PR

Good workout, I used more machines than I usually do. Made an upper body pushing PR, now that is something I don't get that often. My right shoulder started getting some sharp pains after my workout, still is bothering me some. I'm gonna do some research on it and rest it. Seems like I can never have everything not hurt, there is always something. Atleast I don't have a major injury.

I am not sure when you took a week or so off, but you may want to consider that if you are having shoulder problems. I had a bad shoulder problem a few years back and it sidelined me for to long. I often thought what if I gave it a break for a few weeks. Best of luck to you fufu.

Thanks.

Sometimes I wish I could just never train upper body. :laugh:
Lower body workouts are where it is at.

I plan on taking a week off the week after next, maybe I'll just do lower body next week, then low volume the next.

Well if you are goin to do lifts that are pull for upper and then go ahead with lower that may work to. But be careful not to jerk the weight.

Back