Beef, potato and cheese?? How could this possibly be healthy?!? Surprisingly enough???yes it is! Of course I have opted for lean ground beef and cauliflower in place of potatoes but had I not told you, I???m sure you wouldn???t have known the difference! This is a fabulous dish that taste great the day you make it and EVEN BETTER the next day so it???s perfect for packing up as leftovers for the rest of the week!
8 oz of Cauliflower Florets
2 c of Low Sodium Chicken Broth
1 lb of Lean Ground Beef
4 oz of Cheddar Cheese (I used VeggieShreds)
6 Egg Whites (I used 1 cup of All Whites)
4 Tbsp Whipped Chive Cream Cheese
1/4 c of Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Set stovetop to high and place cauliflower in a large pan and cover with broth
3. When mixture begins to boil, reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer for 20 minutes until cauliflower is very tender. Drain and set aside. The cauliflower will have a brown color to it like potatoes do when they roast in beef broth.
4. Brown and crumble ground beef, and stir in cauliflower when done. At this point, it will even look like hash.
6. Add onion, garlic powder, salt and black pepper to taste.
7. In a bowl, combine egg whites, cream cheese, almond milk and ½ of the cheese. Mix well to combine.
8. Pour beef mixture into baking pan. (Be sure it has slightly cooled so it doesn???t cook your eggs.) Pour egg mixture over top and stir to evenly distribute.
9. Sprinkle remaining half of cheese over top.
10. Bake for 30-45 minutes (stick a toothpick in to check if eggs are cooked all the way through)
11. Turn oven to broil for 3 minutes to brown the cheese on top
For macro nutrient breakdown and more daily low carb and keto recipes check out Low Carb, Keto , Paleo Diet Recipes | Nutrition Tips