• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Best Rice?

Merkaba

"King of Cheat Meals"
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I know nothing of rice but I like the gummier kinds, like I usually get at a japanese or hibachi restaurant. Sticky rice maybe? I think there are some other names for it. Oh, glutenous maybe? Anyways...does anyone know what kind of rice I'm talking about, where I can get it or something close? I think I've heard that they sometimes soak it or something before cooking it... I got a microwave rice cooker and I'm trying to get more clean sources of carbs instead of my usual breads I love. If I can just fix a pile of it at a time I would be way more apt to eat it instead. And yes I know about the supposed advantages of brown rice but I rarely eat it. But hell...I guess what's the best brown rice you know of as well? Thanks

Lol. I saw this thread a while back but don't have a clue on advice bro. I've been told by different coaches different things personally. One told me instant white, then another only long cook brown then you have the short grain brown versus the long grain brown then there's jasmine rice. I'm so damn confused on rice myself.

I eat jasmine rice when I eat white rice, I use a 30 dollar steamer to prepare it which I purchased from Target (like a Walmart). I use 1 cup rice, 3 cups water which comes out with that tacky/sticky texture you get from a Japanese restaurant.

Fyi, this requires no soaking, just add rice and water it turns off when it's done, super easy!

Lol. I saw this thread a while back but don't have a clue on advice bro. I've been told by different coaches different things personally. One told me instant white, then another only long cook brown then you have the short grain brown versus the long grain brown then there's jasmine rice. I'm so damn confused on rice myself.
haha...yea man...I mean unless you're really trying to do a show or go pro it's probably not worth worrying about.

I eat jasmine rice when I eat white rice, I use a 30 dollar steamer to prepare it which I purchased from Target (like a Walmart). I use 1 cup rice, 3 cups water which comes out with that tacky/sticky texture you get from a Japanese restaurant.

Fyi, this requires no soaking, just add rice and water it turns off when it's done, super easy!

Thanks...I have a little red plastic microwave steamer...I'll have to try my luck with it.

Basmati rice all day long. I get the 10 pound bag at Costco.

and the key to getting rice sticky even when you boil it is to not uncover to check or stir it after you place a lid on it. Once you put the kid on it have faith and leave it alone.

and the key to getting rice sticky even when you boil it is to not uncover to check or stir it after you place a lid on it. Once you put the kid on it have faith and leave it alone.

Yea all i usually see people talking about is basmati. I figured I would try a little of each before making the Costco leap of faith. You already can't leave that place for less than a hunnit bucks...haha.

Me too on the Basmati and I use a rice cooker that I got at target.

Just set it and forget it really easy and this saves me time because I cook all my meals in the morning for the day.

IML Gear Cream!
I think that no have the appropriate rice. Depends your diet and objective.

The best glutenous rice on the planet is South Carolina Gold. Good luck finding it. I prefer Jasmine rice. Basmati is what most people like/

Back