• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Can working out stunt my growth?

It will but not much, maybe only 90%, so it will turn u into a migid, Hhhhh

First - how old are you exactly?

There's no evidence to say it will stunt your growth, but if you want to be sure - make sure you increase how much you're eating by a substantial amount. You not only need those calories to build muscle, but you'll need them to actually GROW too.

So long as you make sure you do that, you will be fine. Drink lots of milk, eat lots of vegetables and meat, and enjoy being bigger than your friends.

bench press and squating in particular

this is one of the oldest and most totally inaccurate "myths" about bodybuilding. it originally started because the un-educated masses drew the improper conclusion that bodybuilding stunted the growth while in reality the shorter than average bodybuilder which typically has a higher ponderal index is more suited and more successful at the sport because of this.

sadly this type of misinformation is still being spread today, I used to post on yahoo answers years ago and kids there (I mean many) actually believe that playing basketball increases the height, yes people are that fuking stupid in the year 2010.

this is one of the oldest and most totally inaccurate "myths" about bodybuilding. it originally started because the un-educated masses drew the improper conclusion that bodybuilding stunted the growth while in reality the shorter than average bodybuilder which typically has a higher ponderal index is more suited and more successful at the sport because of this.

sadly this type of misinformation is still being spread today, I used to post on yahoo answers years ago and kids there (I mean many) actually believe that playing basketball increases the height, yes people are that fuking stupid in the year 2010.

It has to increase your height man. Think about it. You do all of that jumping, so while you're in the air gravity is pulling your feet back down! Its stretching you!

But yeah... I don't think working out will effect someone as far as growing is concerned. I do however believe that working out at a young age needs to be supervised by someone that knows what they are doing. When you're young you will try stupid shit, its always been that way. Most of the guys I know that started working out in their teens have back issues or leg issues. They attribute it to starting young, to which I reply, "No dumbass you probably did stupid shit while you were young." They usually agree with me.

It has to increase your height man. Think about it. You do all of that jumping, so while you're in the air gravity is pulling your feet back down! Its stretching you!

But yeah... I don't think working out will effect someone as far as growing is concerned. I do however believe that working out at a young age needs to be supervised by someone that knows what they are doing. When you're young you will try stupid shit, its always been that way. Most of the guys I know that started working out in their teens have back issues or leg issues. They attribute it to starting young, to which I reply, "No dumbass you probably did stupid shit while you were young." They usually agree with me.

I was six feet tall in the 8th grade. I'm 44, and I'm still six feet tall. Played a lot of basketball between then and now, so according to your theory I should have grown. Maybe I didn't jump right or something.

I remember the myth about weightlifting stunting your growth when I was a kid. I believe there is evidence that taking steroids before you are completely grown can seal off growth plates, but I think the idea that lifting weights hinders growth is silly. I've been lifting weights consistently since I was 13 years old. I learned how to complete lifts correctly, and I was lucky enough to train with people who had some experience and had the patience to help me learn. Most of all I listened and was very careful until I knew what I was doing.

IML Gear Cream!
I was six feet tall in the 8th grade. I'm 44, and I'm still six feet tall. Played a lot of basketball between then and now, so according to your theory I should have grown. Maybe I didn't jump right or something.

I remember the myth about weightlifting stunting your growth when I was a kid. I believe there is evidence that taking steroids before you are completely grown can seal off growth plates, but I think the idea that lifting weights hinders growth is silly. I've been lifting weights consistently since I was 13 years old. I learned how to complete lifts correctly, and I was lucky enough to train with people who had some experience and had the patience to help me learn. Most of all I listened and was very careful until I knew what I was doing.

lol I wasn't being serious about the first part man, come on.

And you back up what I said about the second part, most people hurt themselves when they're younger because they're invincible. The ones that know better don't.

Yes it can! I have a buddy who started training at 10 years old. To this day, he is still only 4'5 and his balls never dropped. He still looks like the same 10 year old boy. Truley tragic. That being said, he benches in the 600s now.

lol I wasn't being serious about the first part man, come on.

And you back up what I said about the second part, most people hurt themselves when they're younger because they're invincible. The ones that know better don't.

Good point. Kids need supervision when learning how to lift. Very true. Reps for fooling me with the first part. Always good to know I'm not the only one who tells a bad joke around here.

is it the right time to start exercising? am i to young? (15) and am i the right weight (135) for my height (5'7)?

is it the right time to start exercising? am i to young? (15) and am i the right weight (135) for my height (5'7)?

It's absolutely the right time to start training. I highly recommend the book Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe.

Regarding your current body measurements: you're either healthy or you're not. That is what's important. Whether you want to be lean at 135 pounds or 200 pounds is up to you.

im 15 and still growing

I Wish i still had some of that good puberty testosterone. If you eat plenty and work real hard in the gym you for sure will be bigger than all the other cocky slackasses you go to school with.

IML Gear Cream!
I used to post on yahoo answers years ago and kids there (I mean many) actually believe that playing basketball increases the height, yes people are that fuking stupid in the year 2010.

2010 years ago...:thinking:

Is it a good idea to jog with wrist weights? and will it improve my speed, and build my arm muscles up?

Is it a good idea to jog with wrist weights? and will it improve my speed, and build my arm muscles up?

not at all, the load is placed in a unnatural position. those weights were originally designed for people recovering from leg injury, etc. to help build strength. you can do static stretches, etc. with them on but no running or jumping.

Working out can help to stimulate forming of muscle and bone through growth hormone.

Exercising does expend energy so you need to eat properly to support that habit. If you are not obese and increase exercise a huge amount without also increasing your nutrition, yes, it can stunt your growth, since the body does need calories, amino acids, fatty acids, vitamins and essential minerals etc to grow. If you're eating properly, I don't see why it would.

If you are doing exercises that compress the spine such as squats, it would be good to balance that out with moves that traction it, such as chinups and dips. This is to help your disks absorb fluid to absorb shock properly, the nutrition in your discs may be important to growth, certainly it is important to health. Water's also important.

stunting your growth?

um....
NO!
I say no.
I was told back in the 70s by my grandma that the caffeine in coffee would "stunt my growth" so she only allowed me 1/2 cup to appease me. ......lol... .the joke is I only ended up being 5'2" anyways.
Exercising to stunt growth is a new one to me.
Having a poor diet can stunt one's growth...meaning if you are poor and starved, you might have a reason to be puny.
If you eat well, exercise and rest enough, there is no reason to believe there is any negative in any of these actions....
If you are a young man, Iwould recommend staying natural because unlike the masters levels men on here, you have an abundant natural level of growth, strength, energy....use what you have an enjoy it.
Don't worry about exercising too hard. Be realistic and don't be a nut. Moderation to anything is the key....remember that.
Literally, it will apply to any facet of your life. drinking, women, indulging in things you like....moderation is good....going hog wild is bad.
hope this helps..................
btw: women like fit men, not morons so be fit, be smart, and pay attention...

I started training at 17 and was measured when went to join the army at 5ft 11 am now 5ft 9 on a good day , and am 5ft 8 after heavy squats

You have to focus on multi joint exercises it will help in increasing growth hormone secretion that will help your growth. You can search for multi joint workouts to learn more

Back