• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Cutting for Keeps & Kissing Sugah Good-bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

w8lifter

Elite Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Cutting for Keeps

Ok...this journal will not become a chat room :p

I want to be able to find a w/o when i need it. I also want to log and keep track of "negotiations" w/ diet and training.....did I say I wouldn't argue? :p J/K ...no arguing :D

That said.....

7 am

2 coffee
2 tbsp cream

9:30 am

about 5 oz turkey
1.5 tbsp mayo
apple

2 pm PWO

1.5 srving protein
2 tbsp cream

4:30

4 oz ground beef
1/2 oz cheese
1/2 cup brown rice stuffing.....but couldn't eat it all
1 cup of veggies w/ O&V...but couldn't eat it all

8;30

6 egg whites
3 yolks
1/3 cup fibre one....it's 9:15 and still working on that.

1.5 srving protein
1 tsp flax
2 tbsp cream

Total: 1799
Fat: 95 857 48%
Sat: 11 102 6%
Poly: 7 64 4%
Mono: 14 123 7%
Carbs: 75 241 14%
Fiber: 15 0 0%
Protein: 168 671 38%

water is almost nil today...2 litres if I'm lucky

Confessions....had a tea w/ cream after the gym to calm my freaking nerves.

....I know, must start weighing! :finger:

Doing abs/calves/cardio today. All meals and W/O's will be in one post.

Okay....don't take this as arguing ( :eek: )....take it as pleading...begging...please PLEASE PLEASE change my ab W/O.

I don't know how to do a cable rope crunch....tried it, and couldn't do it...and a standing cable oblique crunch.......please change it.

1. Standing Calf........155/20, 175/12, 195/10, 200/10, 115/12...90 sec RI

2. Seated calf........45/12 x 3 ....90 RI

1a. lying crunch....10/20, 10/20
1b. v-ups w/ w8 between feet....10/15, 10/15
1c. swiss ball crunch w/ w8 on clavicle....20/15

I didn't actually do v-ups w/ w8 between my feet...my legs were bent as I came up and the w8 was in my hand. And I didn't do w8s on the ball.

2a. reverse crunch w/ twist......15, 20, 20....first set was incline...no twists
2b. cable rope crunch...50/6...switched to machine crunch...70/11
2c. Standing cable oblique crunch....50/6...switched to 20/12, 20/12...oblique raise off the back extension

Last edited:

w8lifter

Elite Member
Reaction score
Yes...I was busy w/ something and couldn't eat...by the time I did, I was starving. I know it's not a meal, but I wanted to put the times in for you anyway. :D

I'm off to the gym in a second.

Dr. Pain

Banned Member
Reaction score
Re: Cutting for Keeps

Doing abs/calves/cardio today. All meals and W/O's will be in one post.

Okay....don't take this as arguing ( :eek: )....take it as pleading...begging...please PLEASE PLEASE change my ab W/O.

I don't know how to do a cable rope crunch....tried it, and couldn't do it...and a standing cable oblique crunch.......please change it.

they are actually very hard to do right, Ok...we have days till abs come up again,.so we will change this, but from the looks below...there are other problems....are you sure it's not your 'tude?' :D

1. Standing Calf........155/20, 175/12, 195/10, 200/10, 115/12...90 sec RI

2. Seated calf........45/12 x 3 ....90 RI

ummm.....hint =

4a Reverse calf raise, some call it toe raises, dorsal flexion, etc 4 sets of 15 reps
4b Free Motion machine calves (best lateral tibia hit there is) 15/180 15/220 15/260 15/300 ..no RI

5 Seated calf raise,sets of 2 plates/15, 3 P/15, 4P/15 , then a quadruple drop 4P/12 3P/10 2P/8 1P/25...partner RI

6 Standing Smith calf raises......to spent at this point so P=25 not 45#, per side, sets of 1P/15, 2P/15. 3P/15 4P/15...then a quadruple drop 4P/12. 3P/8, 2P/8 1P/1...partner RI

1a. lying crunch....10/20, 10/20
1b. v-ups w/ w8 between feet....10/15, 10/15
1c. swiss ball crunch w/ w8 on clavicle....20/15

I didn't actually do v-ups w/ w8 between my feet...my legs were bent as I came up and the w8 was in my hand. And I didn't do w8s on the ball.

you want your legs almost str8...less than 20 degree bend, with the w8 between your feet

2a. reverse crunch w/ twist......15, 20, 20....first set was incline...no twists
2b. cable rope crunch...50/6...switched to machine crunch...70/11
2c. Standing cable oblique crunch....50/6...switched to 20/12, 20/12...oblique raise off the back extension [/QUOTE]

We we try something like swiss ball cable crunches to the opposite knee, will work on it later :D

...and that 'other' question.........one, you have to want to, really want to....may I address that tonight?

DP

Dr. Pain

Banned Member
Reaction score
The day is getting really strange......have to go for a while...I've just read some incredible things I will have to share with you when my wife doesn't need the puter. or tonight from the faster one.

Work on your next W/O for us to review :D

SYS

A

w8lifter

Elite Member
Reaction score
I haven't really eaten much today..sorry.

I'm not even sure my next bodypart I'm supposed to work :scratch:...chest or arms I think?/?

w8lifter

Elite Member
Reaction score
And I forgot to add that I did 20 minutes on the elliptical :doh:

How could I forget that...I was watching a tight little blonde running in front of me instead of the tv :grin:

w8lifter

Elite Member
Reaction score
Um...I think arms...I think i just did chest recently, lol. Your workouts are kicking my ass lately...they're great :thumb:

w8lifter

Elite Member
Reaction score
K....I'd do stairs but mel's still away...I have to have a partner to run stairs :p

I was gonna ask if the rowing machine would be an okay cardio w/o?

Dr. Pain

Banned Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by w8lifter
Um...I think arms...I think i just did chest recently, lol. Your workouts are kicking my ass lately...they're great :thumb:

You built your pyramid's base wide and strong with low volume/high intensity :yep:

...the broader the base, the higher the pyramid....and now we are raising it, shapening it, with higher vloume/high intemsity.

You are responding quite well! :D ;P

DP

Dr. Pain

Banned Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by w8lifter
K....I'd do stairs but mel's still away...I have to have a partner to run stairs :p

I was gonna ask if the rowing machine would be an okay cardio w/o?

Yes, after legs, or on an off day, change grips every two minutes! :D

DP

Dr. Pain

Banned Member
Reaction score
Concepts (the standard for rowers) have a short str8 bar,so you may start w/overhand..go to underhand (biceps), hold the ends )parellel), pull to the torso, pull above the head or to the forehead, think BB.....many angles, etc

DP

w8lifter

Elite Member
Reaction score
Well yeah but....I can do the elliptical for 20 minutes and it doesn't exhaust my legs :D

w8lifter

Elite Member
Reaction score
I will do my w/o first thing in the morning...don't feel like thinking any more today :fried:

w8lifter

Elite Member
Reaction score
K....I was gonna keep msg's (non W/O stuff) for a day and then delete them, just to keep this journal relatively clean...even deleted some already but ya know what....it's kinda stupid so...don't worry about it...if I need to find a w/o, I'll search :D

K...arms....:shrug: How's this? :D

1a. Close Grip bench on smith
1b. Incline DB curl

2a. Single arm DB Extension
2b. Concentration Curl (DB"S)

3a. w8ed bench dips
3b. Reverse Grip EZ curl

4. Rope Pressdown....double drop (3 w8's right?)

5. Zottman curls....single drop

?? :D

Some of these exercises I haven't done in a very long time...the only thing I've done recently is the rope pressdown...usually start w/ them...I've done CC's recently, but I still suck at them so i'd like to keep them there for a while.

Dr. Pain

Banned Member
Reaction score
Arms in a minute...

Good Morning! :D :)

Just went over your menu yesterday....Please eat moe today....over 2000......if you get stuck were you were....we only have one maybe 2 tweaks and cardio........I want more latitude! :D

Also....please describe yours and mma's SLDL to me?

DP

w8lifter

Elite Member
Reaction score
I knew that was coming :laugh: We both have excellent form on deads....overseen by Jason a long time ago (sorry, but true :p ) We both do them off the floor...and hit the floor w/ each rep (him more than me). The only difference is I use a straight leg for maximum stretch (not locked) and he uses a slightly bent leg. Back is straight, scapula set.

Good morning :D

I will try to eat better today :p

Dr. Pain

Banned Member
Reaction score
K....I was gonna keep msg's (non W/O stuff) for a day and then delete them, just to keep this journal relatively clean...even deleted some already but ya know what....it's kinda stupid so...don't worry about it...if I need to find a w/o, I'll search :D

LOL

K...arms....:shrug: How's this? :D

1a. Close Grip bench on smith
1b. Incline DB curl

always like a pressdown w/u.....on the curls, turn your thumbs out at the top and squeeze

2a. Single arm DB Extension
2b. Concentration Curl (DB"S)

2a standing, sitting or lying?

3a. w8ed bench dips
3b. Reverse Grip EZ curl

2a.......feet up?

4. Rope Pressdown....double drop (3 w8's right?)

yes, yummy.....like singe arm here for isolation, pushing the thumb down and back for an extra contraction, tie a single hitch in the rope and use single stranded

5. Zottman curls....single drop

why not double?

?? :D

Some of these exercises I haven't done in a very long time...the only thing I've done recently is the rope pressdown...usually start w/ them...I've done CC's recently, but I still suck at them so i'd like to keep them there for a while. [/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.