• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Dealing with banned members/account recreators: What's your opinion?

Should obvious trolls receive an "automatic ban"?

• Yes. An obvious troll/previously banned user should be erased without due process.

Votes: 40 67.8%
  • No. "Trolls" add spice to the board. I am comfortable dealing with idiots.

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Maybe. I see it both ways at times.

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Other. (Please expand/clarify in thread.)

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
Ban them and move on. One thing I hate about some of the forums I go to is the fact that they put up with this crap. I can only think of one, but that's because they have a sub-forum dedicated to "outing" and "identifying" trolls/banned members/account-recreators.

Thank you for sharing your opinion.

Results so far...

Should obvious trolls receive an "automatic ban"?

Yes: 18 ??? 58.06%
No: 7 ??? 22.58%
Maybe: 6 ??? 19.35%
Other: 0 ??? 0%
Voters: 31

:coffee:

deal with it. its the internet:coffee:

So you voted no?

I haven't voted, but that's my instinct for annoying members in general. Ignore them. Or use the ignore member option. I mean some people annoy me, but have many people who enjoy their posts.

As a mod, though, aren't we supposed to "keep the peace" and listen to user complaints and comments for the bettering of the board? Hence the poll. :ohyeah:

Some here are bashing mods for being lazy or Prince for a perceived "ignore it" policy, but one thing I've learned from this poll is that you definitely are damned if you do and damned if you don't. lulz

Still, :mad: remorseless auto-ban :mad: is leading in the polls.

And, fwiw, I banned Hawkins immediately simply because it seems that user is a repeat offender a.k.a. Leave, Chill, et al.

Am I contradicting myself or being hypocritical? To quote AdmiralRichard, "deal with it. its the internet:coffee:"

So you voted no?

I haven't voted, but that's my instinct for annoying members in general. Ignore them. Or use the ignore member option. I mean some people annoy me, but have many people who enjoy their posts.

As a mod, though, aren't we supposed to "keep the peace" and listen to user complaints and comments for the bettering of the board? Hence the poll. :ohyeah:

Some here are bashing mods for being lazy or Prince for a perceived "ignore it" policy, but one thing I've learned from this poll is that you definitely are damned if you do and damned if you don't. lulz

And, fwiw, I banned Hawkins immediately simply because it seems that user is a repeat offender a.k.a. Leave, Chill, et al.

Am I contradicting myself or being hypocritical? To quote AdmiralRichard, "deal with it. its the internet:coffee:"

another mod offered to ban him as soon as it was pointed out he was back so you're not the only one considering keeping the peace. i have thought about making a few threads in anything goes and didn't even bother because of all the trolling. i didn't think Prince made that section just so members could be nasty to one another. sometimes ignoring stuff works and sometimes it just lets shit pile up. a city is nicer when people clean up the poop, so is a forum.

So you voted no?

Well a remorseless ban would take all your time up if this troll keeps coming back with a new ip ect you would be losing. hit the ignore button
most of the times trolls go away if no one talks to them. just food for thought mate:coffee:

I think complainers should be negged, banned, tarred and feathered. Then subjected to sodomy with broomsticks lubricated with Icy-Hot.

I think complainers should be negged, banned, tarred and feathered. Then subjected to sodomy with broomsticks lubricated with Icy-Hot.

. . . followed by having their head shaved, tanned and oiled, with a trendy goatee hand-drawn on their chin. Gears confiscated and replaced by a bicycle and chased by a hoard of knife-wielding Mexicans :coffee:

I voted, "yes" ban them, but only out of deference to the full-time, long-time members. I enjoy this website very much -- eclectic; a lot of unusually knowledgeable people -- but I bounce in and out because I travel a lot. As I recollect, though, there was a member, awhile back, who was banned but who was, at least, occasionally, funny. I think funny counts for a lot. It's YOUR website. I say dump 99% of the assholes, but give special dispensation to someone who has an authentic sense of humor. An example: I can envision withoutrulers being banned -- even easier to imagine him cuffed and taken to prison. But he is fucking funny. Life isn't fair. Anyone who expects it to be fair is either naive, uninformed or a spoiled brat. Let IM reflect life.

IML Gear Cream!

are you complaining about complainers?

you could go that route i guess but i think only pussies sit around and PASSIVELY watch a forum that used to be a lot better turn into a total cesspool. it's about 20% as fun to be here as it used to be and it's going down hill. people that care will try to change that. broomstick sodomy doesn't really belong in open chat but it seems the new guidelines are no one should give a rat's ass about anything till this place goes under. nice plan. the dozens of people i know that used to come here but don't anymore voted by leaving. we lose more good members all the time and they are replaced with the kind of people we need to ignore so they can hang out and have a forum to ruin.

Heres a thought, and I don't even know if can be done. But if a member goes say 200,000 into the neg column they get an automatic ban. because if that happens than the members of the board have spoken and it takes it out of the hands of Prince and the Mods.

SFW said:

I think complainers should be negged, banned, tarred and feathered. Then subjected to sodomy with broomsticks lubricated with Icy-Hot

theCaptn said:
. . followed by having their head shaved, tanned and oiled, with a trendy goatee hand-drawn on their chin. Gears confiscated and replaced by a bicycle and chased by a hoard of knife-wielding Mexicans :coffee:
I think it is very good idea to let loose little bit like above two members. It so fun to be able to let your inner child out sometimes and just be funny, silly and stupid other than being serious all the time.

Thanks for the good laugh you two.:roflmao:

Heres a thought, and I don't even know if can be done. But if a member goes say 200,000 into the neg column they get an automatic ban. because if that happens than the members of the board have spoken and it takes it out of the hands of Prince and the Mods.
Hey that's not a bad idea.

Thanks for "complaining". No tar, no feathers!

a city is nicer when people clean up the poop, so is a forum.

Hmmm. Can we get a different analogy? I'd rather be "Interwebz Judge/Jury/Executioner" :mad: than "Message Board Pooper Scooper" :mooh:.

Well a remorseless ban would take all your time up if this troll keeps coming back

Ignore them is great advice, but obviously not 100% satisfactory to all.

And I don't consider it a waste of time to keep a watchful eye out for behavior deemed unacceptable to most -- whether they're respected longtime members or newcomers.

Appreciate the food for thought.

I say dump 99% of the assholes, but give special dispensation to someone who has an authentic sense of humor. (snip) Let IM reflect life.

Excellent.

the kind of people we need to ignore

That's the trick, though. Determining or defining "the kind of people we need to ignore".

And it's opinion. Leave/Hawkins had received positive rep. But as a repeat offender it wasn't difficult to nuke that user.

The poll/thread was started to get an idea for myself of what is acceptable so far as banning troublemakers.

A ban of the traditional member is and should be a last resort.

For those with an unapologetic bad attitude and whose only goal seems to be derailing threads? There's the ban hammer!

Sound fair?

Heres a thought, and I don't even know if can be done. But if a member goes say 200,000 into the neg column they get an automatic ban. because if that happens than the members of the board have spoken

Love you, mang, but I'm definitely not in favor of that one.

Green dots are rather arbitrary. You could have one heavy-hitter having a sh1tty day and choosing to slam someone for basically no reason other than their own bad attitude or momentary off mood.

Who is this Troll? I love me some Troll.:teeth:

Since I have nothing but time on my hands these days, I would gladly harass this troller back into internet oblivion for a nominal fee. I would begin with repeated invitations to Pampered Chef parties, and the move on to daily devotionals with Jack Handy. :winkfinger:

Since I have nothing but time on my hands these days, I would gladly harass this troller back into internet oblivion for a nominal fee. I would begin with repeated invitations to Pampered Chef parties, and the move on to daily devotionals with Jack Handy. :winkfinger:
After reading your post an idea came in my mind. I think we need some members or moderator specifically assigned to harass the trolls.:roflmao: It will be so fun for others to enjoy the show. :D

Give it a day or so, he'll be back. You can't miss him.

This is open chat for a reason.

People get tired of looking at the same old training threads/supps etc.

Once you've read 100 threads on increasing your bench press. You kinda lose interest.

wut?.. er no son! you just learnt that shit already! :banned:

IML Gear Cream!
if you see leave, chill, 999 around here again point him out to me and he will be summarily banned. Hawkins is smelling like him no? His shit is not going to be tolerated anymore. there's a difference between differing opinions and someone making it his mission to make IM suck ass to hang out at by coming in every thread and taking a big stinking shit because he hates everyone here except a few chicks he jacks off over.

wow. If youre this fukkin pissed... youre old!

are you complaining about complainers?

you could go that route i guess but i think only pussies sit around and PASSIVELY watch a forum that used to be a lot better turn into a total cesspool. it's about 20% as fun to be here as it used to be and it's going down hill. people that care will try to change that. broomstick sodomy doesn't really belong in open chat but it seems the new guidelines are no one should give a rat's ass about anything till this place goes under. nice plan. the dozens of people i know that used to come here but don't anymore voted by leaving. we lose more good members all the time and they are replaced with the kind of people we need to ignore so they can hang out and have a forum to ruin.

:rofl:

After reading your post an idea came in my mind. I think we need some members or moderator specifically assigned to harass the trolls.:roflmao: It will be so fun for others to enjoy the show. :D

His name was Kuso. The man...the legend.....I think Rob banned him.:hehe:

wow. If youre this fukkin pissed... youre old!

has nothing to do with being old although i am. i have a busy, hectic, stressful life with a lot of responsibilities. i steal some me time here and there and it USED to be no matter how hard a day was i could come here and hang out with good people and have a few laughs. this place would feel like home and make me smile even on my worse days. now it is nothing like that because there are so many assholes here. a place that was fun and relaxing has turned into a wade through a bunch of turd personalitied losers.

Curt you are amazing. Thank you for working so hard on keeping things under control and all of our valued members happy. :heart:

dftt.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone that voted No should get banned. Anyone that voted Maybe should get a warning. Anyone that voted Yes should be promoted to Elite member or above.

I was spending sometime at the bodybuilding .com forums for a week or so, and I got so irritated and pissed off that I went and deleted my whole account. That place is full of kids, annoying slangs, immature language and unwanted attention seeker questions...like the trolls on this forum.

CJ, Mr. Terminator, help us! Get rid of these..trolls!

I think grounds for bannishment should be as follows:

 Anyone under 15% bodyfat should be banned.
 Thos woo kent spel r uze txt lingo shud be binnd.
 Anyone who asks a generic, non-commonsensical question without doing a search first should be banned...from the internet.
 Newbies who argue dietetic science with Built, or other well-informed mods or fitness vets should be banned...and forced to eat gay-arsed oatmeal fruit smoothies for the rest of their days.
 Anyone who initiates a thread involving politics, religion, abortion, capital punishment, gay rights, or other no-win arguments.
 Guys who, after bragging about their illicit steroid use, post images of their 12??? biceps.
 Those who end their post(s) with ???GICH???
 AlBob, FMJ, and Juggernaut.

:nerd:

Back