• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Fu Fu's l337 journal

Bakerboy

cat burglar
Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
fufu said:
Yeah just like a farmer's walk, instead you stand there in pain instead of walking(in pain). I'm considering doing farmer's walks to have something to take my mind off the forearms.

I know Cow does farmers with a towel wrapped around his DB's, that's a good one. He uses towels on rows as well, I think.
Sometimes I do farmers at a park by my house. I just stash two large buckets in the bushes and then go to the outdoor tap and fill them up. I fill them to within an inch of the top and then attempt to walk without spilling any water). :shake:

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Today's workout -

olympic squats - RI 3 minutes
set #1 - 10 reps at 135 lbs (warm up)
set #2 - 15 reps at 225 lbs
set #3 - 15 reps at 225 lbs PR

First time ever venturing to that high of reps, it's like another world. Pretty big PR. I was planning on doing a third set but I didn't know how my body would react. My legs were gonna 'splode with pain.

DB RDL's - RI 2 1/2 minutes
set #1 - 15 reps at x2 100 lbs
set #2 - 15 reps at x2 100 lbs PR

alternating single leg extensions - no rest
8 reps each leg at 90 lbs x2

Awesome workout, never thought I'd find myself willingly do 15 rep squats, but whatever. Squats went perfectly, they were all deep(not quite ATG) and went up smoothly up to the last rep. I didn't feel much like puking till after my workout was over. I was doing my cooldown walk and after a minute it was too much to stand. I could feel that shit creeping up my throat. Short workout, but my previous lowerbody workout was brutal so I lowered the volume. This was brutal also, but in a different way.

I was so anxious of my squats I forgot my pen and paper to log, my gym pass, and I left my cell phone in my pocket. Glad it's over!

Time off to rest starts now! Ahhhh.........:)

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Bakerboy said:
I know Cow does farmers with a towel wrapped around his DB's, that's a good one. He uses towels on rows as well, I think.
Sometimes I do farmers at a park by my house. I just stash two large buckets in the bushes and then go to the outdoor tap and fill them up. I fill them to within an inch of the top and then attempt to walk without spilling any water). :shake:

lawl, now that is a real farmer's walk.

I want to to static holds w/ towels but I need to find some first, I'll remember to grab some old ones before heading back to college.

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Bakerboy said:
Wow! I did 205 for 20 reps today and that was hard enough. 225 for 15 is great! You kick ass, fufu. :)

lawl, thanks! I was originally going to do 3x10 at a heavier weight today, but after I saw your workout that you logged today, I was like "fuck it, I'm going for 15's! " and it was final.

shiznit2169

flawless
Registered Member
Reaction score
Nice squats. I have done 15-20 rep sets before and it was brutal. I may attempt it again in the future but it's gonna take a lot of convincing to do.

Brutus_G

Registered Member
Reaction score
Yeah who needs cardio with 15-20 rep squats.

Brutus_G

Registered Member
Reaction score
fufu said:
Today's workout -

chin ups - RI 90 seconds

5x5 at bodyweight

varying widths of supinated grips, last set was done neutral grip

DB chest press - RI 90 seconds
set #1 - 8 reps at x2 70 lbs
set #2 - 8 reps at x2 70 lbs
set #3 - 8 reps at x2 70 lbs
set #4 - 7 reps at x2 70 lbs :mad:
set #5 - 7 reps at x2 60 lbs .....

BB curls - RI 60 seconds
set #1 - 12 reps at 55 lbs
set #2 - 12 reps at 55 lbs
set #3 - 12 reps at 45 lbs

overhead tricep extension - RI 75 seconds
set #1 - 10 reps each arm at 25 lbs
set #2 - 10 reps each arm at 25 lbs
set #3 - 10 reps each arm at 25 lbs PR

rotator cuff shenanigans

stretch

Great workout. I was feeling pretty out of it and borderline sick before I hit the gym. I made the workout a bit easier today because of it, it went well. My workout looks pretty boring but I enjoyed it. I got through today, now I just have to get through tommarow and I'll take my week off from all training. I'm feeling pretty beat. :yawn:

My tricep isolation shit saved my PR streak, it was a close one.

Good save man lol

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Reaction score
lawl, cardio is for the lose. I really should do some though. I have actually been playing soccer with my dog. He is a maniac. I kick it around and he blocks it and pushes it with his head and even runs over it and kicks it around. Eventually he gets ahold of a the ball and I have to run and kick it out of his mouth. Good cardio!

I wasn't wasted cardiovasculary during squats, which is suprising. Thinking back on it I wasn't sucking wind after them. My legs were shot though. I'd been working up to higher reps and doing shorter RI's, guess it payed off.

Brutus_G

Registered Member
Reaction score
Yea i gotta start doing more sets of 12 and up. I always use short rest periods no more than 2 min.

Double D

Registered Member
Reaction score
Looking good and strong Fufu. Keep up the good work bud. B4 you know it those 225lb. squats for 15 will be up to 300!

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Double D said:
Looking good and strong Fufu. Keep up the good work bud. B4 you know it those 225lb. squats for 15 will be up to 300!

lawl thanks, I'd be damn happy with that. I'll be sure to keep at it. :thumb:

Double D

Registered Member
Reaction score
I know you will ain't no quitting in this kid.

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Reaction score
lawl, the funny thing is, my quads aren't sore at all this morning, just my hams a tiny bit. Alot of times I will start to get sore the next day's night or even two days later.

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Reaction score
I bought a big piece of chalk yesterday for $1.25.

I was in the mall just looking around in EMS and I saw they sold chalk for rock climbing. I figured chalk is chalk, so I got some for weight lifting.

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Some days I'm so fucking lazy. It is 7:30 pm and I haven't even showered.

Double D

Registered Member
Reaction score
Damn dude I can smell ya from here. But yeah all the chalk is the same IMO.

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Reaction score

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Reaction score
lawl, oh joy!

Double D

Registered Member
Reaction score
Wow today is my lazy day. Amazing, but then again I am at work and I always consider those lazy days.