• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

getting hungrier naturally

GoLdeN M 07

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
When you have a good amount of muscle mass offcourse aside from workout out, you already have to eat tons of calories just to keep it existing. When this happens do you get in the habit of just being hungrier more and more often since your body needs alot of calories or do you have to force yourself to eat more?

leg_press

Starting a fresh
Registered Member
Reaction score
The more muscle your body has the faster your metabolism is the more clean food you need to maintain your mass. In a very old flex article Jay Cutler said that he ate small ammounts every 1.5hrs to 3 hrs

katt

Registered Member
Reaction score
I have to prepare my food the night before and force myself to eat it... it's not something that comes naturally for me -

If I try to just wing it, I end up eating too little

leg_press

Starting a fresh
Registered Member
Reaction score
It is my understand Katt that in time when you reach ur goal it will be easy to maintain your weight as the muscle revs up your metabolism which in turn makes your hungry, by about 3pm I feel sick but I force my food down much the same as you, I drink loads of water

katt

Registered Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty used to the gallon of water a day, that part is easy now. I'm sure I'll get used to all the food too...

It's much easier to eat like shit...... but shit doesn't make you look good...

danzik17

Elite Member
Reaction score
For a while it was a bitch to put down all that food every 3 hours, but not anymore really. Now if I go 3h 30m without eating, my body goes insane and is like "where the fuck is my food?"

Think I need to up my portions pretty soon though, I find I'm getting hungry in-between meals way too frequently, not to mention waking up at 6AM starving pretty consistently.

juggernaut

Creator of Chaos
Registered Member
Reaction score
Never had a problem with hunger. Same as Danzik, my body says, hey dumbass! eat!!
As contest time is coming in, I'm starting to miss the cheat DAY and now only have the cheat MEAL...

GoLdeN M 07

Registered Member
Reaction score
Alright well obviously guys would get more hungry than girls and have better habit of eating

leg_press

Starting a fresh
Registered Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty used to the gallon of water a day, that part is easy now. I'm sure I'll get used to all the food too...

I can honestly say I am a freak, I can make a cheeseburger, fries and a shake last me all day if i eat steak and a baked potato I am hungry 3 hours later, I guess your body takes longer to break down shit food than it does whole food. but after the 4th meal of the day my stomach starts :wtf: more food! Gimme a break arsehole! hence the water, the cold water must soothe it so its like 'aaaah! oh here comes for food, oh well back to work mmmmmmmmm'

zonaguy03

Registered Member
Reaction score

Eating like shit, while consuming the food, tastes pleasant at the time...but I never forget how I feel afterwards: lazy, bloated (from eating too much of it!), guilty.

Eating right makes my day go nice and smoothly, but we're all human, cheating (if even a mini cheat) is in everyones genes :).

juggernaut

Creator of Chaos
Registered Member
Reaction score
when I was carbing up after the weeklong session of LOW carb dieting (50g or less), my stomach would do such flips at the end of the carb I would not be a pleasant person to be around. And the following day, would murder on the plumbing.
Now, I merely eat a carb meal once a week and my weight loss has been much more cooperative. I am steady on the carbs, taking about 150-200 a day and just being happy with a beer and a strong meal of carbs, a little fat, and some protein with a dessert to follow. It makes me a lot happier.

leg_press

Starting a fresh
Registered Member
Reaction score
when I was carbing up after the weeklong session of LOW carb dieting (50g or less), my stomach would do such flips at the end of the carb I would not be a pleasant person to be around. And the following day, would murder on the plumbing.
Now, I merely eat a carb meal once a week and my weight loss has been much more cooperative. I am steady on the carbs, taking about 150-200 a day and just being happy with a beer and a strong meal of carbs, a little fat, and some protein with a dessert to follow. It makes me a lot happier.

If I split up and eat fries my stomach grumbled for hours on end and I get worse wind than when I eat eggs in the morning.

wrbk319

Registered Member
Reaction score
Today I was so hungry because I only had one meal after a cardio session this morning. I had to take my little sister out to watch Harry Potter, but all the places we went to were sold out, so it took like 3hrs just to find a theater that wasn't sold out. When we got home I was so hungry I said "f*** it," and I just pigged out. I had like 4 salmon burgers, a whole bag of almond/peanut mix, 2 cups of low fat yogurt, 3 strings of cheese, 2 pop-tarts, 3 danish rolls and blue berries to top it off. Haha, not a great cutting meal, but I guess it happens once in a while.

Big G

Back from the grave.
Elite Member
Reaction score
For a while it was a bitch to put down all that food every 3 hours, but not anymore really. Now if I go 3h 30m without eating, my body goes insane and is like "where the fuck is my food?"

Absolutely! I forced myself to eat every three hours religiously for a couple of months and now my body just demands it. 3½hr later I'm almost too weak to make food. I'm better off watching the clock and making sure I'm at least preparing food 2½hrs after my last meal. I crash really hard otherwise. I hate that weak, shaky feeling.

Hoglander

Cleaner
Registered Member
Reaction score
I use to force myself to eat at 5' 10" and 170. I use to seek high cal food of any and all kinds in high volumes. Now I'm at a semi happy 218 and force myself to eat right. I still eat a lot. However, now I shoot for the low cal foods in high volume. Eating a lot is easy. Eating right is the hard part. : (

Last edited:

Plateau_Max

I enjoy SkyDiving
Elite Member
Reaction score
Geez, I remember when the wichita marathon was 2 weeks away and I was doing my 3 hour 30 minute training runs and I would have to sit there before almost every meal and tell myself "we're going to burn over 6,000 calories today, just eat it"

I really get uncomfortable eating a crap ton of food. But back in them days if I undercut my calories too much and my body started eating away at my muscles I would be in serious jepordy come the big event.

DeadBolt

MP Minister of Pain!
Elite Member
Reaction score
I can honestly say I am a freak, I can make a cheeseburger, fries and a shake last me all day if i eat steak and a baked potato I am hungry 3 hours later, I guess your body takes longer to break down shit food than it does whole food. but after the 4th meal of the day my stomach starts :wtf: more food! Gimme a break arsehole! hence the water, the cold water must soothe it so its like 'aaaah! oh here comes for food, oh well back to work mmmmmmmmm'

shit foods have a much higher fat content most of the time and it takes longer to digest fats hence the reason you stay full longer. I can eat and eat all the protein and carbs i want all day but never get that sense of satisfaction until i add my efa's.