• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Guns - Yes or No?

Should citizens have guns?

• Yes, they should be taken away.

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • No, we should keep them.

Votes: 37 71.2%
  • I'm not sure.

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters

DOMS

Metrosexual
Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
This is a question for Americans (If you're Canadian, I'm going to assume you'd like to have guns...well...because you have a large population of French people living in your country who you'd undoubtedly like to see dead).

Should guns be taken away from the people. Think about this carefully before answering. I'm not joking, really think it through because it could come back to bite you in the ass.

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
only hunting rifles, all other guns should be banned.

lucifuge

100 Proof Chaos
Registered Member
Reaction score
I don't see any real benefit in banning guns. Criminals, by definition, wouldn't care about the law banning guns, so all we would really be doing is giving criminals the advantage

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
so you're going to use the "we need hand guns for protection" argument? :suicide:

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
not really.

DOMS

Metrosexual
Registered Member
Reaction score
only hunting rifles, all other guns should be banned.

I find it interesting that you choose where the line is drawn. But isn't that where so many important issues end up? "It's only okay to the point that I say it's okay."

I can agree with a "yes" or a "no", but I find that, quite often, anyone in between is self-serving and often hypocritical.

The Monkey Man

Magical Apelikemenace
Elite Member
Reaction score
so you're going to use the "we need hand guns for protection" argument? :suicide:

It is statistically proven that just the "Fear" of people
brandishing firearms lowers assault type crimes in the
areas where those firearms are held.

Other types crime usually go up because jobless criminal losers need "Something" to do.

The Monkey Man

Magical Apelikemenace
Elite Member
Reaction score
If the police have assult type firearms...

"I" have assault type firearms.

And YES, they will be used for protection if needed (from whomever)

fletcher6490

I like money
Registered Member
Reaction score
I think that only white people should be allowed to own firearms. White people who have less then 50% Italian in them of course.

Goodfella9783

Registered Member
Reaction score
I'm friggin confused by the poll. Is "Yes" the banning of guns or "No?" I'm slow.

NordicNacho

Registered Member
Reaction score
It is statistically proven that just the "Fear" of people
brandishing firearms lowers assault type crimes in the
areas where those firearms are held.

Other types crime usually go up because jobless criminal losers need "Something" to do.

Maybe we should just send millions of guns to Iraq instead of more soldiers and that would stop the violence. They just need to be armed better. Hopefully sectarian violence doesn't break out in Canada from those radical french canadians.:roflmao: :roflmao: Better build a wall on that border too. :roflmao:

John69

Banned Member
Reaction score
I think its ok for people to have guns. aslong as it serves a purpose to having them IE: people who hunt, cops of course, and people to have them in their homes for protection. other than that jsut to have a gun to think its cool it should be banned

viet_jon

PISSED!!
Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I think that only white people should be allowed to own firearms. White people who have less then 50% Italian in them of course.

haha LoL...

anyway, I think guns should be banned. It's too easy to kill someone with a gun.

Anyone can pull a split-second trigger and not fathom the consequences. Give the same guy a knife, does he have the heart to murder with it? Most likely not.

btw fletcher, I know where your BF is.

fletcher6490

I like money
Registered Member
Reaction score
haha LoL...

anyway, I think guns should be banned. It's too easy to kill someone with a gun.

Anyone can pull a split-second trigger and not fathom the consequences. Give the same guy a knife, does he have the heart to murder with it? Most likely not.

btw fletcher, I know where your BF is.

Long time no see, where ya been. Yeah, my body fat is probably a bit higher now...you don't have to rub it in.

lucifuge

100 Proof Chaos
Registered Member
Reaction score

Guns do make it easier,however, if someone has decided to kill you, they'll do it with a gun, a knife, a claw hammer, or a rock for that matter.
Also, at the risk of sounding redundant, banning them doesn't take them away from the criminal element, and it's the criminal element that is more likely to decide that they are going to kill you.

lucifuge

100 Proof Chaos
Registered Member
Reaction score
I also don't like the idea of any law being passed that takes something away from me 'for my own good'...

Mudge

Elite Member
Reaction score
When you take things away from law abiding citizens only criminals and LE are left with them. That leaves the rest of us fending for ourselves until LE shows up, which is sometimes too late.

section8

War Eagle
Elite Member
Reaction score
When you take things away from law abiding citizens only criminals and LE are left with them. That leaves the rest of us fending for ourselves until LE shows up, which is sometimes too late.

Agreed, one the average law abiding citizen has the right to own a firearm stripped away then how will he defend him or herself and their family from an intruder that just so happens to be carrying a pistol? What do you do swing a baseball bat at the bullet? Also, once guns are taken away who is to say that the lawmakers will not have a field day and strip any other rights granted of the people?

DOMS

Metrosexual
Registered Member
Reaction score
Agreed, one the average law abiding citizen has the right to own a firearm stripped away then how will he defend him or herself and their family from an intruder that just so happens to be carrying a pistol? What do you do swing a baseball bat at the bullet? Also, once guns are taken away who is to say that the lawmakers will not have a field day and strip any other rights granted of the people?

You touched on an interesting point. Quite often, the same people who want to remove gun ownership cry out for free speech. It's funny how they fight vehemently to remove a right guaranteed by the constitution, but fight just as vehemently to keep another.

I really doubt that they're thinking it through.