• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Has anybody read the book Anabolics by William Llewllyn?

thebutcher

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
i purchased a book online an ebook to be exact for kindle and its titled Anabolics. I havent finished it yet as its got about 12,000 pages.. (e book). This book is basically a bible for anaboiics. history and uses and brands and side effects. I mean it goes through EVERYTHING! As stated earlier, im not even close to finished. Now what concerns me and has led me to start this thread is that ive recently read about counterfeit AAS. I hope someone has read or is reading this book also as to shine some light on my concern. I would also like to ask if anybody gets actual pharmacuetical AAS. or just from undergroung labs... as i do. from underground labs that is. Im worried that my supplier is fake. I'd hate to find out they are. from what ive read AAS are to come in a box with actual instructions inside. also, tabs are to come in pop out foil packages. i know that seems like nothing but also as i stated earlier i hope someone else has read it because theyd know what i mean. I hope this shit ive typed makes sense. any input would be awesome.

bigbenj

Banned Member
Reaction score
Sure, gear from a pharmacy will come in a cardbox with a small instruction pamphlet, and tabs will come in blister packs.
If you use an underground lab, forget about a cardboard box, some don't even come with a label. Orals come can come in capsule or pill form, and are usually just in a bag.

thebutcher

Registered Member
Reaction score
See thats my concern. I guess its just a risk i run buying from an UL. I just hate the idea of throwing away my money. This book talks about what brands are often counterfieted, where the most reliable sources are as far as countries and regions... maybe i read too much and am just fucking my head up. My supplier now has shown promising results. but also sometimes i have wondered if my shits legit, due to some complications with a few expected results.

thebutcher

Registered Member
Reaction score
regardless of whatever... this book is worht checking out. Im no pro when it comes to gear... but from the ones claiming to be pro and some advice they have given me and others that ive read in threads, this book contridicts but backs with studies.

murf23

Registered Member
Reaction score
Those books were like the bible before computer days ...Bro I used to read those before bed everynight when I was a young juice boy . They were the only thing we all had and they were great for the times . But now with places like this and the computer in general they are not needed much anymore

easymoneymike

Registered Member
Reaction score
Real pharm grade stuff comes in boxes and packs but they are faked and most of the time just as likely to be underdosed or tainted as UL gear if they are. If you can afford and find true pharm grade stuff I'm sure it would be better than most underground stuff but we have some solid sponsors here that put out some quality products. They may not be as fancy or nicely packed as pharm grade but as long as you go with a trusted supplier and not some place out of the back of a magazine ad you will still get solid results.

~RaZr~

Elite Member
Reaction score
The book is a wealth of info. It's like Arnold's Guide to Bodybuilding. If nothing else, flip it to the back and look at the "pictures" :daydream:

Last edited:

MrSaturatedFat

Registered Member
Reaction score
I've got the book, now I haven't read it from start to finish, but I did read over the compounds I planned on using. You dont really need to read it page by page bro, theres a ton of stuff in there you will never use, or even know how to obtain lol. Plus, he breaks things down at the cellular level, so unless you have some sort of degree in that stuff, a lot of it will go right over your head. It is a great thing to have though.

As for your concern about bunk gear, and it not coming in a pretty box and blister packs... You're going to have to go with a sponsor you trust. Read peoples feedback, lurk around the sponsored section. Think about it man, these people wouldn't be around so long selling bunk gear. A blood test will ultimately put your mind at rest, thats what I did.

thebutcher

Registered Member
Reaction score
Those books were like the bible before computer days ...Bro I used to read those before bed everynight when I was a young juice boy . They were the only thing we all had and they were great for the times . But now with places like this and the computer in general they are not needed much anymore
It was published in 2010.

gamma

Registered Member
Reaction score
I get mine prescribe , I don't get the name brands but I get the compounding brand and it comes in a pill bottle with my demo graphs on it and the vial inside .

TwisT

PurchasePeptides.com
Board Rep
Reaction score
Lots of great info in that book, but much of the information is out dated.

Caretaker

Registered Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this seems like spam, it`s not meant to be. I have the 2006 version of this book and 2 other steroid related books for trade/sale in the book and trade/sale sections.

~RaZr~

Elite Member
Reaction score
Bro Ive been reading Anabolics reference guide by William Llewllyn since the 90's ...Check your facts

Thank you. To all the hipsters, there was a time when forums like this, did not exist :coffee:

njc

Registered Member
Reaction score
Everything that I know about gear Ive learned from lurking around on forums like this

snakeskinz

Registered Member
Reaction score
Bro Ive been reading Anabolics reference guide by William Llewllyn since the 90's ...Check your facts

yep ....he updates the info every 2 years and re releases it ...it is a great book and good info ... as far as UGL goes he cant know them all there are too many popping up all the time and a lot of UG gear is great

snake

exphys88

Registered Member
Reaction score
I've read it several times. It was a great start, but I've gained more knowledge from forums.

thebutcher

Registered Member
Reaction score
That's fine. This edition was however published in 2010 (10th edition) that's a fact. Now I know sites such as this one and this thing you speak of called "the Internet" are usufull tools and all but you certainly can't tell me that these books aren't useful anymore! There are facts backed by plenty of research as well as information I've never encountered on a site like this or any other. Now I'm knocking you or anything! Just stating that in order for one to become a bit more informed he/she needs to do their own research. Why not research a book that's been published and backed by science. Not just "lurk".

~RaZr~

Elite Member
Reaction score
That's fine. This edition was however published in 2010 (10th edition) that's a fact. Now I know sites such as this one and this thing you speak of called "the Internet" are usufull tools and all but you certainly can't tell me that these books aren't useful anymore! There are facts backed by plenty of research as well as information I've never encountered on a site like this or any other. Now I'm knocking you or anything! Just stating that in order for one to become a bit more informed he/she needs to do their own research. Why not research a book that's been published and backed by science. Not just "lurk".

I don't think he was knocking you personally boss. He was just saying that the book has been in publication for a long time :thinking:

murf23

Registered Member
Reaction score
Read and check evrything you can . That is the only way to learn as much as you can. Bill's books are and were great but Bill does recieve payment from certain sponcors incase you didnt know . So dont take anybodys word as gospel . Listen and research all you can then make your own educated decision. Im gonna take your lil dig as just being a lil ignorent to the whole steroid world . Im only here to help if I can and get help from myself .Ive been doin this shit for along long time and it still amazes me how much im still learning and how much I still dont know

emitecaps

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Lots of great info in that book, but much of the information is out dated.

This. I remember in the 09 edition he always said Balkan had no counterfeits and was good but now that's not the case. Things move quickly so a lot of information is outdated and you can find better info on what to expect from a compound on various sites that his book. It gives a good history of the pharmaceutical development and licensing of products but otherwise things like side effects are the same for every profile.

WendysBaconator

Registered Member
Reaction score
Not tryna bash but i think that book is a waste of money. It says the same sheet in every chapter with different drug names. He had superdrol in and called it a great mass builder then in MD in the drug section he says SD was just a super glycogen retention with very little muscle...

thebutcher

Registered Member
Reaction score
Read and check evrything you can . That is the only way to learn as much as you can. Bill's books are and were great but Bill does recieve payment from certain sponcors incase you didnt know . So dont take anybodys word as gospel . Listen and research all you can then make your own educated decision. Im gonna take your lil dig as just being a lil ignorent to the whole steroid world . Im only here to help if I can and get help from myself .Ive been doin this shit for along long time and it still amazes me how much im still learning and how much I still dont know
-Understood, also your right. I am pretty new to the whole subculture that is "gear" (steroid just sounds so ...illegal. Ha) and I do appreciate your comments man. I appologize for sounding like a little prick about things. Last thing I need to do is make an enemy. Now, about this book, I know that I shouldn't take it as "gospel" as you stated but I do like being able to understand and "learn"if you will, about what I'm putting into my body. Even though it seems like most of the info is way too complicated for me to understand when he gets into the molecular and cellular levels, the info I do understand has been helpful. -added, and it was only 10 bucks. And I'm always up for a bargain. ... Now If you'll excuse me, Its mutha fuckin grind time and I gotta get swoll! :D

TGB1987

Registered Member
Reaction score
I've read it several times. It was a great start, but I've gained more knowledge from forums.

The Anabolics books are great and there is a lot to be learned. I read every one that William Llewellyn puts out even though most are the same as the last version. Another book you may want to check out by him is Underground Anabolics written by William Llewellyn and Ronny Tober. One thing about the anabolics books is that William Llewellyn is very conservative and some would say doesn't have the real world experience ( that only comes with years of use). He is very knowledgeable though and his book is well worth the money for anyone wanting to learn more about AAS and how they work in the body. Just know that there are other different opinions on AAS and you have to make your own knowledgeable decision when it comes to your AAS usage how you go about it.