• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

High Blood Pressure and HIT?

wrbk319

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So I've been on a HIT program for the past two weeks, and I've noticed that my eyes would get bloodshot red after my workouts. My mother, who has hypertension, is now partially blind in one eye due to high blood pressure. I was worried, so I checked my blood pressure a few times the past few days, and it's usually 130-135 / 65-70. My systolic pressure is in the pre-hypertension range, but my diastolic pressure is normal. I don't want to give up bodybuilding, but I also don't want to make my blood pressure worse.

Does anyone have advice that might be able to help me? I'm thinking of cutting a good amount of sodium from my diet, and I will not use anymore supplements such as creatine and anything that boosts up my energy. I'm hoping to get my systolic pressure below 120 while continuing my HIT program.

Thanks in advance. :)

lojasmo

Registered Member
Reaction score
Cut sodium. HIIT is unlikely to make your BP worse. It will likely help.

forum9351

Registered Member
Reaction score
Cut sodium, talk to a doctor as well. Calcium blockers are often used in medicine to decrease heart rate as well as systolic pressure. Talk to an M.D. Good luck.