• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

New Chapter

fantasma62

HIHT
Registered Member
Reaction score
Dev and Stacey, thanks for stopping by! I just love you guys, no matter how many times we fall off the wagon, take a break for a month or two or three, have a pizza, don't workout, have problems in our marriages, leave jobs, find new jobs, lose our dogs, fight with our friends -- no matter what happens to each and every one of us, we're all still here for each other.

I'm not sure I know of any other "group" out there where the lot of us don't even know each other and we still find time to log on to tell our friends that we're here for each other and still be supportive.

I wish we could all form some sort of "Ironmagazine Group Party". It would be so cool if everyone could meet up with each other somewhere like every other year or something.

OH SPEAKING OF SUPPORT AND STUFF!!!
GUESS WHAT????
GUESS WHAT????

I lost 3 pounds this week!

How's that for support and a goal getter attitude?

That is awesome Fitty...3 pounds is more than a great start...and you were worried...

Speaking of Goal getter, back a few years ago I met up with Ivonne (Goal Getter) while she lived in Miami. She's a great gal, and a credit to IM, one of the many.

You keep it up, and don't dispair, as you said, you fall off the wagon, we'll do out best to get you back on. If you don't want on, tha's Ok too, we'll be there to help you get on it...

Cheers!!!:rocker:

King Silverback

High Intensity Freak
Elite Member
Reaction score
Sending you a PM Sister Fitty, let me know!!! GOD speed you and yours my Friend!!!
FANTASTIC on the 3 pounds too!!!

Fitgirl70

Give it to me
Registered Member
Reaction score
Had a great weekend! We went riding both Saturday and Sunday.

I have another motorcycle battle wound, Mike. You'll love it. I'll try to upload a pic -- 6 stitches!!

I was sitting on the bike (stopped) just talking to the hubby, we'd just come down a hill and some guy on a doon-buggy comes by and he starts going "I'm sorry, I don't have any brakes, I don't have any brakes". I was at a stop, so I was yielding to him and I thought he was just gonna turn and go around.....nooooo! He runs right into my front tire and knocks me over and knocks the bike on top of me. Nice little scrap I'm thinking as blood is running down my leg soaking my sock. No, I go back over to the trailer, clean it up and see that it does need stitches. So I drive up to the ER and get it done! Oh well...what a girl won't do to have fun!! :laugh:

Hope you're all well. I gotta go get breakfast!

fantasma62

HIHT
Registered Member
Reaction score
Had a great weekend! We went riding both Saturday and Sunday.

I have another motorcycle battle wound, Mike. You'll love it. I'll try to upload a pic -- 6 stitches!!

I was sitting on the bike (stopped) just talking to the hubby, we'd just come down a hill and some guy on a doon-buggy comes by and he starts going "I'm sorry, I don't have any brakes, I don't have any brakes". I was at a stop, so I was yielding to him and I thought he was just gonna turn and go around.....nooooo! He runs right into my front tire and knocks me over and knocks the bike on top of me. Nice little scrap I'm thinking as blood is running down my leg soaking my sock. No, I go back over to the trailer, clean it up and see that it does need stitches. So I drive up to the ER and get it done! Oh well...what a girl won't do to have fun!! :laugh:

Hope you're all well. I gotta go get breakfast!

Ouch, that, as the kids say, really had to suck...
I hope you heal quickly...

Adios...

Fitgirl70

Give it to me
Registered Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tony! It doesn't hurt that bad, so I will go to the gym in the morning since I didn't go this morning for not sleeping well last night.

Stacey

Registered Member
Reaction score
Hey Tam! You are So Right about how we are all here for each other! I love this website so much, I just wish I could access it at work to be on here more! I'm always reading about you and Burner and the original gang! I pray for you all the time, Your my friend... and I'm so lucky to have you as my friend! :) :grin: :love:

Congrats on the 3lbs!! WOOHOO! Thats great! Keep up the hard work. OUCH! That motorcycle womb looks bad girl!!! Yikes!!!! Take care of yourself! I hope you get better!

Hope you have a great Tuesday! I just got done running 2 miles with my dogs...need to go eat dinner. Take care!

King Silverback

High Intensity Freak
Elite Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your incident Sister Fitty, you want I should "Smite" him??? LOL, Speedy recovery, did you get my PM, and did it make sense???

fantasma62

HIHT
Registered Member
Reaction score
Nice scar!

Yup, all that will do is make you intriguing.....:) You know, knife fight? rodeo injury? motorcycle racing injury? Fighting a pack of wild boars? noboddy knows...
Nothing wrong with scars, though, they add character.......

Please, don't do as I do. Don't pop a stitchworking out. I have been known to do moronic things like that...used to anywasy...

Brother Arch will smite him for you, you know that, right?

Fitgirl70

Give it to me
Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I think I will allow Sir Arch to smite him! Me thinks that would be the best course of action! :D

Yeah, I'm thinking I'll get two eyes tattooed on my leg above that scar, so it will turn out looking like a smilie face! What do you guys think about that?

All is well, I slept in this morning, no gym. I'll try to go later this afternoon. Gotta go get breakfast now! Be back later. Hope everyone is doing well. Arch, yes I got your email and it makes perfect sense to me. Will probably start tomorrow actually.

Fitgirl70

Give it to me
Registered Member
Reaction score
OK, I either turned my alarm off this morning or I just plain forgot to set it last night. I didn't wake up until 6:30 this morning! Oh well, I brought all of my stuff so I will workout after work today. I'd do it at lunch but I already have an appointment for acupuncture today at 11:30.

Oh guess what? We're going to a guitar show in April! I can't wait. We're probably going to try to buy something. We're getting into "other" types of investments rather than just stocks/mutual funds and investments of that sort.

I've been all over EBay to try to find stuff, but so far have not come up with anything. I'm really interested in Fender items if anyone has anything or knows where something good is....let me know.

Ok, off to get my oatmeal. Hope you're all doing well

fantasma62

HIHT
Registered Member
Reaction score
OK, I either turned my alarm off this morning or I just plain forgot to set it last night. I didn't wake up until 6:30 this morning! Oh well, I brought all of my stuff so I will workout after work today. I'd do it at lunch but I already have an appointment for acupuncture today at 11:30.

Oh guess what? We're going to a guitar show in April! I can't wait. We're probably going to try to buy something. We're getting into "other" types of investments rather than just stocks/mutual funds and investments of that sort.

I've been all over EBay to try to find stuff, but so far have not come up with anything. I'm really interested in Fender items if anyone has anything or knows where something good is....let me know.

Ok, off to get my oatmeal. Hope you're all doing well

Just a thought, have you given Craigslist a shot? Good source and I am liking it lately more than ebay...

You have PM by the way...

Fitgirl70

Give it to me
Registered Member
Reaction score
Now you have PM

Yeah, I've looked on Craigs List. Haven't found anything worth it

fantasma62

HIHT
Registered Member
Reaction score
Now you have PM

Yeah, I've looked on Craigs List. Haven't found anything worth it

Have you only looked in in your surrounding area? It would be interesting to find out in places like New Orleans, or even Miami....Sometimes people are willing to ship if you pay shipping...

Fitgirl70

Give it to me
Registered Member
Reaction score
I've been looking all over Cali, and Texas. I will look in NO, that might be a good idea

naturaltan

Going nowhere fast!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Morning darlin :D

Just poking my head in to see what's what ... and I see you are again overcoming disappointments with a shining attitude.

Fitgirl70

Give it to me
Registered Member
Reaction score
OH! :rolleyes: it might be a good idea if I actually write about my diets and workouts, huh?

Chapter 2 - Verse 2 - Day 4
Yesterday on my way to the gym I had one of those Rock Star drinks. You know the one in the blue can, the Low Carb one? Did you know that thing has like 1000mg of Taurine. Isn't Taurine sugar? If so, can I sue Rock Star, because the can clearly boasts NO SUGAR and the label actually does say Sugar..... 0 grams!

Don't get me wrong, that stuff is good and it DOES give you a boost of energy, but if there's no sugar in there, I'll be a monkey's uncle.

On to the subject at hand. Workout yesterday was so-so. I didn't get to my lifting because I only did cardio. I did about 25 minutes and then abs.
Today I plan to lift! It will probably be after work today. I have a meeting this morning, then I plan to go get my nails done, then I have a meeting this afternoon.

Oh, oh, oh, oh! Speaking of my meeting this afternoon. I may be getting a new job too. I may be going to our new location. I hope so at least. I would love to be able to go over there. I think I will because they were asking for volunteers to go over there and I volunteered. They are holding meetings today with one of our physicians that is going to be our director out there. I'm ready for a change. I just do not feel like I'm making a difference here. I don't feel like I'm participating or part of the team over here anymore. PLUS -- things are changing over here, everyone sees it and no one likes it. Our management is horrible and they are making one bad hire after another.

Anyway, I'll probably know something later this afternoon and I can report back in and let you guys know what happened. Either way, if I don't go to our new facility, I'll be leaving soon. Hopefully at least -- I'm waiting to hear back from a 2nd interview that I went on, on Friday. I'd be excited it they offered that job to me too.

OK, enough about that. Time to do eat my oatmeal and get some more coffee.

Fitgirl70

Give it to me
Registered Member
Reaction score
Morning darlin :D

Just poking my head in to see what's what ... and I see you are again overcoming disappointments with a shining attitude.

Hi sweetie! Yep, disappointments abound, but I have the attitude that things happen for a reason and things happen because it is what is written for me. I'm certain that we will have a baby someday. I might have to steal one like in Raising Arizona... :laugh: No, it's going to be when it is right in God's timing. Every disappointment makes us stronger.

But, in the meantime, get my sexy bod back and enjoy life!

emunah

Registered Member
Reaction score
Hey...I'm just checking your journal for the first time. I"m also dealing with IF...could I have a link to your blog?

fantasma62

HIHT
Registered Member
Reaction score
I've been looking all over Cali, and Texas. I will look in NO, that might be a good idea

New Orleans, the birthplace of the blues (maybe?) and a very musical city...you never know....:D

Stacey

Registered Member
Reaction score
Hey girl! Good Luck with your meeting today!!!! I hope you get to move to the new location! :)
Have a great day! I'm off today- going to get highlights!
Take care!

Stacey

Registered Member
Reaction score
Hey guys-- I meant to ask-- Is that true about the Energy drink with the Taurine in it?? Is that really Sugar? OMG! I drink a low carb Monster EVERY morning... Hmmm????

Fitgirl70

Give it to me
Registered Member
Reaction score
If there's HONESTLY no sugar in that thing, I send everyone a can of the stuff.

fantasma62

HIHT
Registered Member
Reaction score
I totally banned sodas from my life, however, whenever I am taking a drive to Disney World with the children I make sure I drink 1 Red Bull (Taurine) and I guess if that has sugar, I'll take it. It keeps me from falling asleep on the road (boring as hell road) and keeps my family safe...

Stacey

Registered Member
Reaction score
hmm? Well I'm with you Tam-- they should not say no sugar if it has it in it!!!!

How was your meeting?
Have a great Friday! :)

Fitgirl70

Give it to me
Registered Member
Reaction score
Stacey, hey lollipop! The meeting was good. I will probably know something next week. They have to get through the rest of the people that have volunteered to go out there and then will let everyone know.

I'm sure everything will go just fine! I will certainly be sure to let everyone know!

Fitgirl70

Give it to me
Registered Member
Reaction score
Friday morning, weigh in! I've lost another pound. That's 4pounds total! I'm so excited :dance:

I can't wait till next week and can really get to working out!

I get my stitches out on Monday and I can't wait. They are starting to bother the hell out of me! A little small piece of it looks really puffy, I hope it's not infected. One of my doctors is going to take them out for me, so I'm sure he'll look at it for me. It doesn't hurt and isn't red or anything, so I really don't think it's infected, but the puffiness kinda concerns me.

OK, going to get my oatmeal now.

fantasma62

HIHT
Registered Member
Reaction score
Friday morning, weigh in! I've lost another pound. That's 4pounds total! I'm so excited :dance:

I can't wait till next week and can really get to working out!

I get my stitches out on Monday and I can't wait. They are starting to bother the hell out of me! A little small piece of it looks really puffy, I hope it's not infected. One of my doctors is going to take them out for me, so I'm sure he'll look at it for me. It doesn't hurt and isn't red or anything, so I really don't think it's infected, but the puffiness kinda concerns me.

OK, going to get my oatmeal now.

That is awesome...and you aren't even working out now...:clapping:
No worries about the puffiness. Nothing you can't handle, although I don't think it's infected....