• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Q & A with PJ Braun NPC National Bodybuilder Competitor

IslandGirl

Elite Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Awww thanks so much Tracy, I was elated to see you get your pro card in WPD, it was great to be there and watch a person who not only has a great body, but also a great heart get rewarded!

Thank you! Coming from you, that means a lot to me.

ItsMrGreen

Registered Member
Reaction score
Great to have you on IM Pj! I have a quick question i saw your post about you hypoterical off-season cycle and i was wondering what your opinion on deca was for an off season cycle.

fit4life

Registered Member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome its great to have you around. Looking forward in your advice and progress for your 3 shows over the next 16 weeks.

PJ BRAUN

Elite Member
Reaction score
Great to have you on IM Pj! I have a quick question i saw your post about you hypoterical off-season cycle and i was wondering what your opinion on deca was for an off season cycle.
Great anabolic. Keep dose low, you dont need much, guys get crazy with it, and then you know what happens?? You lose your manhood. 300-400mg a week tops gets great results!
Hi and welcome its great to have you around. Looking forward in your advice and progress for your 3 shows over the next 16 weeks.
Thank you!!!

ItsMrGreen

Registered Member
Reaction score
Great anabolic. Keep dose low, you dont need much, guys get crazy with it, and then you know what happens?? You lose your manhood. 300-400mg a week tops gets great results!

haha yeah happened to a buddy of mine because someone gave him bad advice, but thats where i was going to keep the dosage at around 250-300mgs/week, Thanks.

swollen

more u eat,more u grow
Registered Member
Reaction score
Sup PJ, what's you take on a mix of compounds.. I was want'n to do a cut, & I see members talk about a prop/mast/tren "cut mix". Would this be something that you would concider, or just get the 3 separately? And would you only take those 3 if you were planing to lean out, or add something?

PJ BRAUN

Elite Member
Reaction score
Sup PJ, what's you take on a mix of compounds.. I was want'n to do a cut, & I see members talk about a prop/mast/tren "cut mix". Would this be something that you would concider, or just get the 3 separately? And would you only take those 3 if you were planing to lean out, or add something?
All 3 supps are good in there own right an certain times. I do not like Prop personally because it has to be administerd so frequently and causes pain when I do it. As far as the other 2, tren is awesome, it makes you stronger, bigger and harder all at once. Masteron has its place pre contest but unless your bodyfat is under say...7% you wont really notice the benefis of it. If your dieting hard I would say you could add in the mastron when your lean, personally I reccommend sticking with regular test C or E with the tren.

PJ BRAUN

Elite Member
Reaction score
PJ- What's your opinion of pre-workout insulin use vs Post workout?

It can be used effectively both ways but must be done with 2 important details:

1- You need to use fast acting insulin like Humalog or Novolog
2- you need to have the right amount of carbs present with your pre and post workout meals.

If your gonna do it pre workout I think its best do do it close to your workout to maximize the shuttle of glycogen into your muscles. Postworkut it canbe a great recovery aid when most of us are taking in lots of carbs anyway!

zachdg

Registered Member
Reaction score
Hey PJ, how long does a typical offseason cycle last for you? And what do you think of re-comp cycles (IE test/deca for 8 wks then test tren for the next 8). Thanks!

THerz9

Registered Member
Reaction score
yo bro so a few months ago i was runnin trenE/testE/eq in my offseason; added the tren in the last few months of my offseason at about 300-400/wk.. never had problems before, but i had some pretty rough acne forming on my shoulders. so now i am 10 wks out from my competition, and im still fighting the acne/dark marks with some improvements. anything you reccommend really facilitate my recovery from it??

JJCam

Registered Member
Reaction score
Yh I've always wondered how so many pros have such good skin with all the anabolic supplementation!?? Accutane? Anti biotics? rigourous skin care? I ran Test E @ 300mg a wk and suffered some pretty nasty acne on my back and shoulders post cycle. Any advice greatly appreciated PJ.

filamsterguy29

Registered Member
Reaction score
Hi there PJ Braun!
I just want to ask you a bit about some workout I may do which I'm pretty sure would work for me. Just have a little problem earning some shape and mass around my outer pecs (the outer edges of it near the armpits). What workouts would I need to include to define it more? I currently do weighted dips, decline presses and flyes for that.Appreciate whatever you can give for this bro. More power and muscle for you dude =).

PJ BRAUN

Elite Member
Reaction score
Hey PJ, how long does a typical offseason cycle last for you? And what do you think of re-comp cycles (IE test/deca for 8 wks then test tren for the next 8). Thanks!
I usually only come off once a year for a few months. I like to do long test cycles and I only really mess with low dose deca or eq added to the cycles...it depends on your goals and what you are doing. When I compete I put my body through a lot so in the off season I am pretty moderate to conservative.
yo bro so a few months ago i was runnin trenE/testE/eq in my offseason; added the tren in the last few months of my offseason at about 300-400/wk.. never had problems before, but i had some pretty rough acne forming on my shoulders. so now i am 10 wks out from my competition, and im still fighting the acne/dark marks with some improvements. anything you reccommend really facilitate my recovery from it??
You are probably having 2 things go on: too much androgen activity resulting in aromatasation and also some excess progestrine build up...Both can lead t acne. Get on some arimidex and it will help greatly.

Yh I've always wondered how so many pros have such good skin with all the anabolic supplementation!?? Accutane? Anti biotics? rigourous skin care? I ran Test E @ 300mg a wk and suffered some pretty nasty acne on my back and shoulders post cycle. Any advice greatly appreciated PJ.
Much of it is genetic but I find if you break you dose down (no matter how heavy or small it may be) into multiple weekly shots it helps greatly because you are going to have much more even hormone levels in your blood regardless of the ester your using!

Hi there PJ Braun!
I just want to ask you a bit about some workout I may do which I'm pretty sure would work for me. Just have a little problem earning some shape and mass around my outer pecs (the outer edges of it near the armpits). What workouts would I need to include to define it more? I currently do weighted dips, decline presses and flyes for that.Appreciate whatever you can give for this bro. More power and muscle for you dude =).
Good old flat barbell pench press will help! Form is key. Also try pre exhausting your pecs with some FLAT flys or PEC DECK first and then do your regular routine.

Hey PJ, what do you think about Deca and EQ same cycle ?
Kinda like eating mcdonalds and burger king in the same meal, lol...I have seen guys do it, If so I thinkthe deca sose should be very low, say 200mg a week and the sndrogens should be twice that!

swollen

more u eat,more u grow
Registered Member
Reaction score
Appreciate it, Braun

All 3 supps are good in there own right an certain times. I do not like Prop personally because it has to be administerd so frequently and causes pain when I do it. As far as the other 2, tren is awesome, it makes you stronger, bigger and harder all at once. Masteron has its place pre contest but unless your bodyfat is under say...7% you wont really notice the benefis of it. If your dieting hard I would say you could add in the mastron when your lean, personally I reccommend sticking with regular test C or E with the tren.

Thanks for this, PJ, & ur knowledge...you answer'd exactly what I need'd to know.

chucky1

RISE ABOVE
Registered Member
Reaction score
nice to have you here bro, you sound like you definitely know your shit, Im looking forword to reading your posts. thanks for you honesty brother :winkfinger:

Vibrant

CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
Registered Member
Reaction score
How many years of hard training did you do naturally before starting anabolics?

PJ BRAUN

Elite Member
Reaction score
How many years of hard training did you do naturally before starting anabolics?
Many of these kids start way too early...these teen champs that are juiced to the gills...I would prefer to not work with someone that young that is that enthusiastic about taking hormones, I have turned business away in that area before. Anabolic steroids are best used on trained, mature muscle. And as a teen your natural test is so hi its foolish to mess with that.

Gena Marie

Elite Member
Reaction score
Welcome PJ,

I know you prep females. What are your thoughts on AAS and females?

Calves of Steel

Registered Member
Reaction score
How would you time GH and insulin? I've been experimenting with both preworkout, both postworkout, both before and after at half dose, GH before and slin after, never really noticed a difference in results. How do you recommend timing them for optimal muscle growth?

PJ BRAUN

Elite Member
Reaction score
YouTube Video

Who is the scrawny kid in the back ground when its not playing? And why is he there
lmao
Welcome PJ,

I know you prep females. What are your thoughts on AAS and females?

Depends on the goal of the female. I am very conservative, especially with woman. Bikini- No anabolics...sometimes figure girls can use a mild dose of Anavar (10mg) daily and thats about all I would reccommend. WPD can use anywhere from 10 or 20mg a day or ZERO if they are a bodybuilder sown sizing for wpd. I do not like to use androgens on my FBB and if they insist on using them and are not top 3 national level competitors I will usually direct them elsewhere. Anavar is very safe, winstrol in low doses as well as primobolan in low doses are also safe. The biggest component over the actual anabolics is Nolvadex, this is the most common supplement in the female side of the sport.
How would you time GH and insulin? I've been experimenting with both preworkout, both postworkout, both before and after at half dose, GH before and slin after, never really noticed a difference in results. How do you recommend timing them for optimal muscle growth?
Gh always first thing in the am. Thats it...
Insulin post workout. I dont feel most should use insulin its risky and unless your top in the world can get by just find without it.

MrSaturatedFat

Registered Member
Reaction score
Hey PJ I gotta question for ya.

I'm 5'11" 202lb right now, and when I go out in public, I feel pretty damn good. I think I have decent size and shape. The general public is filled with people who dont lift anyway, so I feel like I do stand out. So im wondering...

Whats it like walking around, knowing you are bigger and more conditioned than 99% of the people you see on a daily basis? I know I feel great, but your just on another level. I'm willing to bet there's no amount of Test that can bring confidence to the level that yours is at. All those years of growing... daily compliments... strength increasing...getting sponsored.. etc.. What has that experience been like for ya?