• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Randy macho man savage died

babyhulk

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Macho Man

Just in case nobody has heard, I believe Randy Savage has died in a car wreck. Had a supposed heart attack. You will be missed. One of my childhood superstars. RIP

i literally just read this on yahoo about 2 minutes ago. i always loved me some macho man, ohhh yeaaa.

not a fan of wrestling, but he has been around a long time. RIP

snap into it.. ohhhh yeeeaahh! (not koolaid man)

85515-75.jpg

The 80's will never be the same without him. 58 is way too early for one to leave. RIP

Oooo yeah brother........

Oooooo yeah.brother

:(

IML Gear Cream!
'Macho Man' dies in Florida car crash

May 20, 2011, 7:54 PM ET

'Macho Man' dies in Florida car crash
Associated Press

Randy "Macho Man" Savage, the professional wrestler known for his raspy voice, the sunglasses and bandanas he wore in the ring and the young woman named Miss Elizabeth who often accompanied him, died in a car crash Friday in Florida. He was 58.

A Florida Highway Patrol crash report said the former wrestler -- whose legal name was Randy Mario Poffo -- was driving a Jeep Wrangler when he lost control in Pinellas County at about 9:25 a.m. ET.

The Jeep veered over the raised concrete median divider, crossed over the eastbound lanes and hit head-on against a tree.

The Macho Man was a wrestling star inside and outside of the ring. Police said he may have suffered a "medical event" before the accident, but the report did not elaborate, and it said officials would need to perform an autopsy.

The report said a woman in the vehicle, identified as Barbara L. Poffo, 56, suffered minor injuries.

A statement from Stamford, Conn.-based World Wrestling Entertainment said the passenger was the wrestler's current wife. Both were wearing their seatbelts, according to the police report.

"Poffo will be greatly missed by WWE and his fans," the statement said.

Savage was a charismatic wrestler made famous for his "Macho Man" nickname and his "Oooh Yeah!" catchphrase. He was a champion in Vince McMahon's World Wrestling Federation, and later Ted Turner's now-defunct World Championship Wrestling.

Poffo was under contract with WWE from 1985 to 1993 and held both the WWE and Intercontinental championships.

"Our sincerest condolences go out to his family and friends. We wish a speedy recovery to his wife," WWE said.

“There's probably five or six of us ... when their names pop up, even if you're not a fan, you know who in the hell these people are. You say, 'I know this guy. I know Macho Man Randy Savage.' He was part of that breed. We lost a good one.”
-- WWE Hall of Famer Dusty Rhodes

Savage defined the larger-than-life personalities of the 1980s World Wrestling Federation (now WWE). He wore sequined robes bejeweled with "Macho Man" on the back, rainbow-colored cowboy hats and oversized sunglasses, part of a unique look that helped build the WWF into a mainstream phenomenon.

For most of his career, his valet, Miss Elizabeth, was by his side. Elizabeth Hulette, in real life, was his wife. They later divorced, and Hulette died in 2003 at age 42 in what was later ruled a prescription drug overdose. She was among many performers in the sport to die young.

Others include Curt "Mr. Perfect" Hennig, who died of a cocaine overdose in 2003 at 44, and Chris Benoit, who killed his wife and son and then committed suicide in their Georgia home in 2007. Benoit was 40.

The WWF made Savage its champion after a win over Ted DiBiase in the main event at WrestleMania in 1988.

Savage had not appeared for a major wrestling organization since 2004, when he performed for Total Nonstop Action.

He was at times both the most popular and most hated wrestler in entertainment. His flying elbow off the top rope was mimicked by basement and backyard wrestlers everywhere. Savage made good use of his deep, raspy voice as a corporate pitchman as well, for years ordering Slim Jim fans to "Snap into a Slim Jim!"

He's most known for his legendary rivalries with Hulk Hogan, Ricky Steamboat and Ric Flair. Wrestlers took to Twitter to let fans know Savage won't be forgotten.

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson hailed Savage as one of his childhood inspirations and heroes, while Mick "Cactus Jack" Foley called Savage "one of my favorite performers."

Hogan said he and Savage had just started talking again after 10 years.

"He had so much life in his eyes & in his spirit, I just pray that he's happy and in a better place and we miss him," Hogan wrote.

While so many personalities who left the WWF for WCW like Hogan, Roddy Piper and Mean Gene Okerlund were welcomed back to the company and even inducted into the Hall of Fame, Savage never returned.

Rhodes said Savage had prudently saved his money and was content to remain out of the spotlight.

"He was a recluse, almost," Rhodes said by phone. "Whatever he was doing, he wanted that privacy. Yeah, he was out of the picture for 10 years, but he didn't want to be in the picture."

Savage was a minor league catcher in the 1970s for St. Louis and Cincinnati before turning in the uniform for tights.

His father, Angelo Poffo, was a longtime wrestler, and his brother, "Leaping" Lanny Poffo, was also a 1980s WWF mainstay.

Condolences from fans poured in to Lanny Poffo's Facebook page on Friday.

From ESPN.com

Last edited:
Oooooh yeeeah >>>>> dig it

Snap into a Motherfuckin slim jim Bitch.

I wish I could have one lump sum of all the gears that dude had in his prime. Id be dropping flying elbows on bitches all day long.

I wish I had a piece of Elizabeth's hot ass back in the day

I wish I had a piece of Elizabeth's hot ass back in the day

Why not? I think everyone else did. That woman really liked sleeping with wrestlers.

Sad about Poffo. Really enjoyed watching him back in the day. When I was in college a bunch of us would get together and watch the pay-per views and go to the matches once in awhile. Silly, mindless fun. He died very young, and lived a hard life. RIP.

Last edited:
5 or 6 there were more than that
Jesse the body Ventura
Andre the giant
Hulk Hogan
Koko B Ware
Junkyard Dog
Sgt Slaughter
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Nature Boy Ric Flair
Mean Gene
Iron Shiek
Rowdy Roddy Piper
I could name more but back in the 80s the characters were off the wall hilarious now they just try to be too serious....

???There's probably five or six of us ... when their names pop up, even if you're not a fan, you know who in the hell these people are. You say, 'I know this guy. I know Macho Man Randy Savage.' He was part of that breed. We lost a good one.???
-- WWE Hall of Famer Dusty Rhodes

Jesse the body Ventura
Andre the giant
Hulk Hogan
Koko B Ware
Junkyard Dog
Sgt Slaughter
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Nature Boy Ric Flair
Mean Gene
Iron Shiek
Rowdy Roddy Piper
I could name more but back in the 80s the characters were off the wall hilarious now they just try to be too serious....

Agreed!

You remember Ivan "Polish Hammer" Putski?

YouTube Video

He competed in a few bodybuilding shows back in the day, too.

Jesse the body Ventura
Andre the giant
Hulk Hogan
Koko B Ware
Junkyard Dog
Sgt Slaughter
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Nature Boy Ric Flair
Mean Gene
Iron Shiek
Rowdy Roddy Piper

I agree. Just not the same these days. I haven't watched in years. A lot of those same characters used to come through my hometown back in the 70's when I was a kid. I'd go to the matches with my best friend and his dad. Back then the country was split up into regions, and the stars would travel around in one region for awhile and then move on to the next one. The WWF wasn't really around yet, I don't think. Met Jesse Ventura and Roddy Piper in college. They used to come in and train at Kenady's gym where I trained every so often. I think Piper had a place in the Northwest somewhere. Both guys were very funny and down to earth. Back then Ventura was still pretty damn big. I think he retired not too long after that. Always liked Flair and the Four Horseman quite a bit, too. I thought Flair and Piper were the best heels.

The 1980's were definitely the peak for pro wrestling. Always thought Vince McMahon took all the charm out of the whole deal.

I agree. Just not the same these days. I haven't watched in years. A lot of those same characters used to come through my hometown back in the 70's when I was a kid. I'd go to the matches with my best friend and his dad. Back then the country was split up into regions, and the stars would travel around in one region for awhile and then move on to the next one. The WWF wasn't really around yet, I don't think. Met Jesse Ventura and Roddy Piper in college. They used to come in and train at Kenady's gym where I trained every so often. I think Piper had a place in the Northwest somewhere. Both guys were very funny and down to earth. Back then Ventura was still pretty damn big. I think he retired not too long after that. Always liked Flair and the Four Horseman quite a bit, too. I thought Flair and Piper were the best heels.

The 1980's were definitely the peak for pro wrestling. Always thought Vince McMahon took all the charm out of the whole deal.

no doubt...I got an autograph from George "The Animal Steel" in NJ once, must have been '74. we were at at bb show and he was there.

RIP to Randy, remember the day it happened and I heard the news. Wrestling lost one of the greatest of all time, with his crazy outfits. Anyone see Hulk do the interview knockin the poor guy after his death?

Back