• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Want to compete next year

bigcruz

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am currently 26 years old and have been lifting for years (never have followed a healthy diet) I pride myself in being able to achieve anything I set my mind to. In my last hobby I feel I got as far as I wanted so now it's on to something new. I am currently sitting at 205 5'6" and would love to get down to 185 solid muscle. I am not taking any supplements but am thinking of getting on some sort of fat burning pill any suggestions? Also any help on getting started is greatly appreciated! Will be postin daily.

I've heard that doin cardio on an empty stomach promotes more weight lose. I've tried doin at least two miles on the treadmill in the morn before work but it feels like I'm starting all over. My ankles start hurting.

Diet, Coach, Posing Coach. Save your money for those + entry fee & posing suit.

Do it up man. Do you have a show in mind that you want to compete it? How many weeks out? Do you think you need to build up any areas before you start dieting down?

I ask all these questions because you want to make sure that you allow for time to diet down without losing too much muscle.

If you're gonna do it yourself I'd strongly suggest at least getting a posing coach. Post up some pics and maybe we can see where you're at and where we think you should try to get/what areas you need to work on. There is much more to it than just a fat burner and walking on stage if you want to win.

I've heard that doin cardio on an empty stomach promotes more weight lose. I've tried doin at least two miles on the treadmill in the morn before work but it feels like I'm starting all over. My ankles start hurting.

I want to say that there are recent studies that have crushed that myth. You're just left tired and unable to perform as well for your cardio session.

Also, when you're getting into those last several weeks you probably shouldn't be doing any cardio as it is a mass destroyer. You'll come in soft/small doing cardio.

There are a few amature shows I'm looking at for next year the earliest being in April. Thanks for the advise I'll post some more pics. Lotssss a work to be done lol

I'd say diet down to 185 or so by October so you can see what you've got and you still can allow yourself to build the areas you need before starting to diet down in February.

Right now I'd say shoulders, and pecs. Can't tell what your legs look like but your back definitely looks to be a strong point for you.

Should I focus more on cardio or lifting? I work 10 hour days which can be mentally tiring that is why I was trying to split my cardio n weigh lifting

Should I focus more on cardio or lifting? I work 10 hour days which can be mentally tiring that is why I was trying to split my cardio n weigh lifting

You should focus more on your diet. That's more important. I'd continue to lift heavy. Maybe throw one or two days of cardio in your week. Main thing is cleaning up the diet.

IML Gear Cream!
Diet. Diet. Diet. SFW.

Moar gear?

diet is key no matter what you are trying to do...bulk or cut

thick for sure, got mass just need to cut some fat and you will be solid

Just finished my chest/tri workout. All feedback and tips are greatly appreciated.

5 min warm up run

Dumbbell press
85x7
90x5
90x5
70x10
70x10

Incline press
135x10
145x6
145x6
115x10
125x10

Dumbbell flys
25x10
25x10
30x10
30x10

Skull crushers
60x10
60x10
65x8
65x8

Pulldowns
40x10
50x10
60x10
60x10

Cardio
1mile on treadmill 13.5 min 146 calories.

Day 2
205lbs

Wide grip pulldowns
Chainsaws

Deadlifts

Barbell curl

Seated dumbbell curl

I was really tired coming outta work today. Any suggestions on supplements to keep me goin thru the day?

I was really tired coming outta work today. Any suggestions on supplements to keep me goin thru the day?

Food. Carbs specifically. A piece of fruit, like a banana, before a workout can give you some sugars to power you through your workout. For throughout the day you could maybe snack on something high in fats (almonds/walnuts,) if you have a low activity job, or complex carbs (oatmeal/wheat bread,) if you have more of an active job. Protein with those meals would also be a good idea too (tuna/chicken/etc)

A B-complex with lunch or an afternoon meal could provide a bit of a pick me up for the 2nd half of the workday.

You could also use a preworkout supplement if you wanted to get some caffeine and other stims to pick you up for your workout.

When I have the time to, I like to have a PB Sammy or two on wheat bread (one or two depends on if it's a heavy day,) about 90 minutes before working out and then eat a banana about 20 minutes or so before I train.

Just some ideas.

good luck, get your diet down and the rest will fall into place.

If I were you I would start logging my foods on here that way you can get some guidance to get you going.

Day 3
205lbs

Did shoulders today usually my favorite but today my lower back was killing me due to yesterday's workout

Db press

One arm cable lateral raise
Superset, don't kno exactly what this exercise is called but I put one end of the barbell in a corner and throw weight on the other end and do a one arm standing press

This following exercise I also don't have a name for but I use a 10lbs medicine ball, toss straight up and catch at about chest height
3 sets of 25

Superset with standing barbell shoulder press

Shrugs

Cardio, preset program on treadmill
30 min of walking at various speeds and inclines
1.5 miles 250 cals

Back