• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

We need more entitlement programs, then we can be like the British.

clayu86

Registered Member
Reaction score
You may be right but still pisses me off that I have to work to support lazy ass motherfuckers. Sometimes I see them with a brand new car, expensive jewelry and cable tv at the tax payer's expense I feel like giving up work and joining them. I could leech to a lazy ugly woman with a bunch of kids and live like a king.

agreed...lyndon johnson fucked that shit up with welfare

Burner02

Super Hero in Training
Registered Member
Reaction score
I like doublebase's idea of sterilizing the entire population. Only people who are deemed financially, mentally, and emotionally capable of raising children get to have the pill that reverses it.
I agree with you 100%...unfortunately, it steps on freedoms that we hold dear...its a catch 22... :yell:

While on the subject of welfare...as I see it, they are getting government checks..they are government employees...which means...I want a return on my 'investment'...streets need to be cleaned, trash picked up...If you don't work your 40 hours a week...no check. They'd be too tired to fuq = less kids.
As the saying goes: There ain't no free lunch.

its all wishful thinking...never happen...

nadirmg

hardr bettr fastr strongr
Elite Member
Reaction score
I was talking about Europe, because the OP was about the UK, which many Brits argue, is NOT Europe.

Social Security is a train Crash.

But what is worse is: MEDICARE.

Research David Walker, former GAO, America's top accountant who just resigned.

I started a thread about it with a brief YouTube Embed but it was ignored.

i know what you were talking about.
i was simply pointing out the fact that we have a similar problem over here in the states called 'social security'. the similarity being that people who are paying for it now aren't going to be getting anything from it when they retire.

clemson357

Reaction score
I read today on cnn.com that 1 in 10 people in Ohio receive food stamps.

Big Smoothy

Windy City
Elite Member
Reaction score
i know what you were talking about.
i was simply pointing out the fact that we have a similar problem over here in the states called 'social security'. the similarity being that people who are paying for it now aren't going to be getting anything from it when they retire.

The insolvency for Social Security was pegged to happen in about 20+ years or so. Now it's been moved up. 2018? I think? This is ten years from now.

I am a follower of David Walker. He resigned as GAO and is educating people across the country with a new research awareness group.

Here he is:

YouTube Video

section8

War Eagle
Elite Member
Reaction score
No, poor people are poor because they are usually not good at handling their business. Strapping on a condom and staying on the pill is part of handling your business. The only way to fix it would be harsh and unfair to the children, because you would have to deny any and all assistance to parents that have kids when they can't afford them. You can't beat a dead horse, and the government would spend more money on tracking down deadbeat dads then they would actually get from them.

I like doublebase's idea of sterilizing the entire population. Only people who are deemed financially, mentally, and emotionally capable of raising children get to have the pill that reverses it.

I agree with you about the poor. I work with a guy that can honestly tell you about Christmas mornings when there were no gifts and he can tell you about having to wash blue jeans every other day b/c he only owned 2 pair and he has had some pretty rough times growing up. He went out got a job, got college loans and now he is making $80K/year (outstanding money for North Alabama) He is an example of someone that was poor and knew how to handle business. I think that I have read on here before that DOMS came from the same situation.

The idea of sterilizing would never happen(although a small part of me likes it), to close to fascism, plus that is government overstepping their bounds way too much(the libertarian in me wants the gov't to leave me and everyone else the hell alone) . I just say that we simply take it away, make them get a job, or as someone else suggested, get a return for our money. City streets need to be cleaned, the park needs the trash picked up, but as said, that will never happen either.

I know that I have a cushy job and I make decent money for what I do (Sys Admin) but I do my job to the best of my ability and try to do the things necessary to get ahead. My wife, being a teacher, doesn't make the best money in the world but we don't do bad and I know that we are sick and tired of knowing that part of our check goes to help those that are too lazy and sorry to get off their backs or out off their couch to get a job. I am also ill thinking that we are going to have to bail out lenders and borrowers for making bad decisions. The responsibility should have to fall on their shoulders but it won't. It will be people like you and me and many other that post here that will end up bailing them out.

DOMS

Metrosexual
Registered Member
Reaction score
I agree with you about the poor. I work with a guy that can honestly tell you about Christmas mornings when there were no gifts and he can tell you about having to wash blue jeans every other day b/c he only owned 2 pair and he has had some pretty rough times growing up. He went out got a job, got college loans and now he is making $80K/year (outstanding money for North Alabama) He is an example of someone that was poor and knew how to handle business. I think that I have read on here before that DOMS came from the same situation.

You're correct, I did.

I believe that the majority of poor people are poor because they're lazy. I don't mean physically lazy. A lot of poor people do hard, menial, jobs. I mean mentally lazy.

They can't be bothered to really stop and think about where they are in life, where they want to be, and how to get there.

Counter to what many Democrats believe, money is not the answer. If you give a poor person money, they'll just blow it on the same crap that they usually blow money on. They'll just blow a lot more of it.

The truth of it is that most people are mentally lazy. The vast majority of people will never better their station in life. The poor will remain poor, the middle class will remain middle class, and they rich will stay rich.

This also applies on the scale of countries.

nadirmg

hardr bettr fastr strongr
Elite Member
Reaction score
The insolvency for Social Security was pegged to happen in about 20+ years or so. Now it's been moved up. 2018? I think? This is ten years from now.

hasn't the date been moved back because since 20+ years ago we've started borrowing money from the chinese?

danzik17

Elite Member
Reaction score
You're correct, I did.

I believe that the majority of poor people are poor because they're lazy. I don't mean physically lazy. A lot of poor people do hard, menial, jobs. I mean mentally lazy.

They can't be bothered to really stop and think about where they are in life, where they want to be, and how to get there.

Counter to what many Democrats believe, money is not the answer. If you give a poor person money, they'll just blow it on the same crap that they usually blow money on. They'll just blow a lot more of it.

The truth of it is that most people are mentally lazy. The vast majority of people will never better their station in life. The poor will remain poor, the middle class will remain middle class, and they rich will stay rich.

This also applies on the scale of countries.

Yup. There is a saying that if you take away all of the rich people's wealth and distribute it evenly amongst the population, within 10 years it will all be back in the hands of the previously rich.

Big Smoothy

Windy City
Elite Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
hasn't the date been moved back because since 20+ years ago we've started borrowing money from the chinese?

T-bill sales to China have nothing to do with this.

But yes, as a whole, SS is largely funded by treasury bill, notes, TIPS, and all of that other stuff.

Get out the credit card. Who will pay? Ask the future generations.