• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Who actually trains abs???

rage racing

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have not done an ab workout in months. I have been strictly relying on diet and cardio. You guys/girls work your abs??

Diet and cardio for abs? Interesting. So you rely on the valsalva training regimen?

You have to train your core to be stronger otherwise your major lifts will suffer.

I train core with any of the following:
Hanging leg lifts (toes to bar)
Ab roller
Heavy ass side bends
Seated good mornings

I don't waste any energy on direct ab work. I've went through periods of training abs vs not training abs and at the end of the day what mattered was my diet to gauge how they look. Compound lifts such as squats are excellent and in my opinion enough for strengthening the core.

I train them once a week real hard, but usually do a couple of cardio ab exercises that hit them as well, if I don't they shrink.. That is just what works for my body though..

I usually well just hit abs in between lifts to switch it up a little

Never had too. My abs have always just popped since basketball.

Stopped for a while but I'm about to go back to working them twice a week with calves in a few weeks.

Tri-set for the first exercise for 3 sets:
Weird leg lift/hip raiseX20
V-upsX20
Bent Leg Raises in a crunch position? Touch heels and idk nvmX20

Then Decline Situps or Hanging Leg Raises for 5 sets and maybe finish with like 200 crunches in sets

ab takes so much energy :-(

Not really ever, I do deadlifts does that count? Still have a 6 pack tho. Shits all genetic IMO

IML Gear Cream!
Yup! Every time I have sex I get an an workout! So 8-9 times a week?? Lol

I do cause over the years I can tell a difference when I train them...aesthetically. I do concede that one doesn't really need to train them much if they are doing other proper work and you're not doing some super advanced protocol. I know louie Simmons seems pretty big on ab work but hell he's training for a totally different set of parameters than 99% of the population.

It pretty much comes down to if you want the bulky bodybuilder sticking out abs, or the athletic looking abs.. I want mine right in between so I do weighted ab workouts

Absolutely, 1-2 times a week, I like the difference in core tightness from ab work.

I train abs/obliques once a week but leading up to the show I increase that to 2x per week. Won't matter how much you train your abs though if you aren't lean enough or have a low enough bodyfat %. Cardio and diet is KEY and genetics also play a huge role in how deep/separated they will get once you've put the work in...

Here's a few photos of my handiwork:
2011-10-26_19-57-56_343.jpg
2011-10-23_07-04-13_876.jpg

I train ab's every time I go in the gym.
Not to the extent that many do but what works for me is incline cruches and roman chair, knee's to chest.
I have tried some of the more complex ones like kneeling rope pulls and a few machines but the two I mentioned are my regulars.
It's very difficult for me to do hanging crunches but for those that can I commend them.

IML Gear Cream!
Your abs are like any other muscle. It's silly to not train them. Asking for weaknesses IMO. Deads and squats can only do so much. Do you neglect rear delt work because you feel like you get enough work out of them from rowing? I doubt it.

Your abs are like any other muscle. It's silly to not train them. Asking for weaknesses IMO. Deads and squats can only do so much. Do you neglect rear delt work because you feel like you get enough work out of them from rowing? I doubt it.

This is true from 1st hand experience.

All my major lifts have stalled due to core weakness.

Need some serious work, problem is I hate training core do motivation isn't there.

i do :D
twice a week,
same days with my back

I have not done an ab workout in months. I have been strictly relying on diet and cardio. You guys/girls work your abs??

i m not sure how big ur ab;s muscles can be just with cardio
what is ur weight man?

Rarely do I workout the abs separately. I do think it's good to workout the abs though.

I train abs 1x or 2x per week, focusing on strength (as a power lifter, strong core is required for heavy squats and deads)... plus, having a buddy get a hernia (and surgery) was additional incentive to train abs. I understand that one of the primary risk factors for hernias is genetics, but training abs sure as hell makes me feel better!

Squats. If I diet they show that's good enough for me lol

I train spine stability, which includes (but is not limited to) the abs.

Back