• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Why is there so many new diets ?

Vieope

Monochromatic Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!

1.You figure out your maintance level, then you choose what you wanna do (bulking or cutting).
2.Choose a ratio for P/C/F
3.Record your calories.
4.Clean up totally your diet.
5.Eat 5-6 times per day.

Basically that is it. What is so difficult about that? Why is there so many South.. The Metabolic ...The Maker's .. diets ?
Most ppl don´t need an advanced diet to achieve their goals, so they don´t need to care about ketogenic, carb cycling, refeeds,supplements...

Why?Why?why? :grin:

Because they all want to make money off the books they sell claiming they are "new"

Originally posted by JLB001
Because they all want to make money off the books they sell claiming they are "new"

I was just waiting for somebody to say the obvious.
Exactly. That is exactly it.
:)

Originally posted by aggies1ut
Then why bother to even post this thread?

Don´t get it personal because I didn´t accept what you wrote.
The fact is that I often see depressed ppl because they are too fat or too skinny. If one of the newbies just look to this thread and think for a second that is such a easy thing to do, it makes it worthwhile. A lot of them get depressed because there is an overload of wrong information out there.

I am such a nice guy. :D

There is so many because people keep buying it. I mean how many covers can you put on the same shit?

Originally posted by Vieope
The basic works for everybody.
Not necessarily. I know it doesn't work for me.

IML Gear Cream!
Vieope, I agree with you, I believe 90% of the time, just eating a balanced diet where :
a) you eat the right macronutrients at the right times to fuel certain activities or perform certain metabolic functions
b) all foods are as close to organic and natural as possible, minimise processed foods
c) water intake is emphasised
d) exercise is used to supplement the balanced diet, preferably resistance
e) you eat every 3-4 hours
f) you eat plenty of fruits and vegetables
g) supplementation with a potent multi-vitamin or mineral is noted

Is the solution to anyone's dietary problems. The ratios will vary (45/30/25 works for me), but I think this diet will, with discipline, make anyone look and feel MUCH better.

At the same time, though, there are certain newfangled diets that really work. The CKD works, the Carb Cycling diet works, etc. If you're not up to experimentation, you can just always eat the balanced, old-school 40/40/20, though, or adjust those ratios to suit your personal needs. I agree with you that that diet will, far more often than not, work for anyone.

Peace.

Seriously ? Why is that ? :confused:
The same daily intake of carbs or fat (depending on ratio) keeps me from losing. I need cycle it daily or I won't drop. I've gone 4-6 weeks on a "basic plan" with a caloric deficit without dropping an ounce of fat. Everyone is different. Some plans work for some people others do not.

1.You figure out your maintance level, then you choose what you wanna do (bulking or cutting).
Oo. That's math.
Wha? I have to choose a ratio? But I don't know! Someone else, please do the work!
3.Record your calories.
Every day you mean? Hey, I gotta job and kids and a dog and a mortgage. Someone else, please do the work.
You mean it won't taste good? I can't live without good food. And snacks. And don't forget ice cream while I watch TV. Low-carb, right? I'm supposed to buy low-carb now, and then I can eat as much as I want.
5.Eat 5-6 times per day.
Can it be a chocolate bar? Or at least taste like one? And I don't have to cook it do I? That's work.

Look, I don't have time for this. Just give me a Quick and Easy Solution that'll put me in my high-school cords by June, guaranteed I will never feel hungry or uncomfortable or embarrassed in restaurants, everything all done for me, and I'll buy it.

LMAO at Akateros! Such an accurate depiction of the average lazy American!

Peace.

Vieope,

You seem to undervalue the idea that dieting is very much psychological for some folks. The few basic ideas that you listed intitially are very solid ideas imo. But they are largely worthless if the dieter doesn't stick to the diet.

Also, goals vary from one person to the next. So many of the diets barely emphasize aesthetic and bbing goals. Probably one the most successful diets out there in terms of fat loss, Atkins, is shunned by many bbers (in favor of ckd etc).

Then you have something like UD 2.0, that is a resounding success for 'most' people that follow it. But it is quite extreme in nature and a lot of people wouldn't want to stick to it.

Check out some of the articles Lyle wrote at bodyrecomp comparing different diets and maybe that will help you see why there are so many.

And you are also dead on that $$ is a huge motivator.

Also, the advanced diets you speak of are often very simple to follow and impement. So they don't even seem complicated to me. Overfeeding on carbs and cyclical dieting is a very old concept that has worked for decades.

Keto diets are also simple in concept. Atkins clouds the picture so much more than necessary (again $$ and wanting to prove some level of individuality).

-C

everyone just wants to be easy, tasty, fun, and very FAST

but itll never be that way

and i hate it when people say they have tried everything!!!

apparently not

and i hate it when fat people say they will do anything to lose weight!

apparently not...

Originally posted by Jodi
Not necessarily. I know it doesn't work for me.
Ditto

The avg person doesn't know the first thing about nutrition. They also have NO willpower. They buy a book. It doesn't work because they don't follow it. They see an ad for another one that says it's easy. THAT doesn't work. If they knew what V opened this thread with, it wouldn't work. The avg person just doesn't have the willpower. The ppl that read this board just aren't avg.

3.Record your calories.
5.Eat 5-6 times per day.

Basically that is it. What is so difficult about that? Why is there so many South.. The Metabolic ...The Maker's .. diets ?
Most ppl don´t need an advanced diet to achieve their goals, so they don´t need to care about ketogenic, carb cycling, refeeds,supplements...

Why?Why?why? :grin:

Because:

1. Everyone is dif.
2. Not everyone has the same chemistry
3. Not everyone has the same goal
4. Diets are set up based on training.
5. It takes dif. types of dieting to reach competition levels

When you diet...You need to supplement!

When you diet...You need to supplement
not neccessarily!

the avg person (say 28% bf, low muscle)
can lose fat and gain muscle fast in their first 3 months of
a good new diet
weight lifting and cardio

IML Gear Cream!
I believe supplements play an important role when dieting. I'm not saying WHICH supplements need to be used. I'm saying, in general when dieting, supplementing is a wise choice.

Originally posted by BabsieGirl
I believe supplements play an important role when dieting. I'm not saying WHICH supplements need to be used. I'm saying, in general when dieting, supplementing is a wise choice.

for beginners tho (and im using them as an ex. b/c its only beginners that do this)
dont really need supps
if they did it would just be protein and glutamine...

thats just my opinion

:thumb:

I find that as long as I throw in a couple of higher cal/carb days each week I can eat the same cals and carb ratio every day AND continue to to get leaner.

The mistake people make is they never "re-feed" (to raise Leptin levels), they just keep "dieting" and their bodies get to a point where it refuses to get leaner. By throwing in a carb-up day every 4-5 days you can continue getting leaner.

this is a good article

Like everybody said here, maybe the main motive for the average person don´t succeed is the "willpower" thing. They usually start a diet and expect to see results immediately. :shrug:

This is always true with newbies

Of course its willpower. I personally think that's the biggest benefit to ECA stacks, is it boosts people's willpower amd intensity. A gifted coach does the same thing for someone-->he makes every session an incredibly focused battle, and the strong survive and advance.

But now my philosophy:

I have a very hard time believing anyone wouldn't lose weight if they ran or did semi-hard cardio for an hour-1.5 hours five times a week.

You don't need to count anything, you'll be burning an extra 10,000 calories or more per week.

Do you ever wonder why competetive athletes are so trim, such as basketball players, soccer players, runners, etc., even though every soccer player I know drinks regularly, and every runner I know eats whatever they want? Its b/c they train more than anyone else.

Look at sprinters. They don't "refeed" or do any of that stuff, yet they train for 2 hours a day, and are ripped. Or look at competetive cyclists, or soccer players, or hockey players. Or look at running backs in football.

Hell, look at that Subway dude, Jarod. He didn't shrink from eating subs, he shrank because he walked/worked out two hours a day.

Likewise, eating 6,000 calories a day of even semi-decent food while lifting no more than an hour a day five days a week, no cardio, will make someone gain weight.

I would challenge anyone here that says they can't lose weight and has tried everything to try doing 1.5 hours of cardio five days a week, and focus on that, instead of supplements and everything else, and see where you are in one month. I've never met a person who trains at that level who doesn't lose weight rapidly.

You can take a supplement or go on a weird diet to confuse your body's metabolism, or you can train like an animal and make it happen for real.

My willpower is not at a 100%, so I do the supp. route right now, but I've never been as ripped or mentally unshakable as when I trained 2 hours + a day and advanced to the upper echelons of athletic performance. It is physically impossible for your body to hold onto an energy source (fat) when you work out at that level.

Also, in terms of all this carb consciousness, does everyone here realize that 4 calories is 4 calories, and whether you eat all white bread or eat pure rolled oats, both only account for 4 calories, not some other magic number? And in the final analysis, burning more calories than you eat is what makes you leaner?

Originally posted by brodus
Of course its willpower. I personally think that's the biggest benefit to ECA stacks, is it boosts people's willpower amd intensity. A gifted coach does the same thing for someone-->he makes every session an incredibly focused battle, and the strong survive and advance.

But now my philosophy:

I have a very hard time believing anyone wouldn't lose weight if they ran or did semi-hard cardio for an hour-1.5 hours five times a week.

You don't need to count anything, you'll be burning an extra 10,000 calories or more per week.

Do you ever wonder why competetive athletes are so trim, such as basketball players, soccer players, runners, etc., even though every soccer player I know drinks regularly, and every runner I know eats whatever they want? Its b/c they train more than anyone else.

Look at sprinters. They don't "refeed" or do any of that stuff, yet they train for 2 hours a day, and are ripped. Or look at competetive cyclists, or soccer players, or hockey players. Or look at running backs in football.

Hell, look at that Subway dude, Jarod. He didn't shrink from eating subs, he shrank because he walked/worked out two hours a day.

Likewise, eating 6,000 calories a day of even semi-decent food while lifting no more than an hour a day five days a week, no cardio, will make someone gain weight.

I would challenge anyone here that says they can't lose weight and has tried everything to try doing 1.5 hours of cardio five days a week, and focus on that, instead of supplements and everything else, and see where you are in one month. I've never met a person who trains at that level who doesn't lose weight rapidly.

You can take a supplement or go on a weird diet to confuse your body's metabolism, or you can train like an animal and make it happen for real.

My willpower is not at a 100%, so I do the supp. route right now, but I've never been as ripped or mentally unshakable as when I trained 2 hours + a day and advanced to the upper echelons of athletic performance. It is physically impossible for your body to hold onto an energy source (fat) when you work out at that level.

Also, in terms of all this carb consciousness, does everyone here realize that 4 calories is 4 calories, and whether you eat all white bread or eat pure rolled oats, both only account for 4 calories, not some other magic number? And in the final analysis, burning more calories than you eat is what makes you leaner?

1. Cardio is way overrated. :shrug:
2. 1 gram of high G.I carb is different from 1 gram of low G.I carb.

Does a high GI carb have more calories?

If not, please explain how the fundamental science of energy consumption is changed on a molecular level by the introduction of a high-GI carb?

I'm not saying we should eat only high GI-carbs and white bread, but I am saying that a person who works out 2 hours a day can eat with a lot more freedom and still lose weight.

As for cardio being overrated, do you know anyone who does 2 hours of cardio? Or have you ever done that for a couple months? If it's overrated, why is it the bedrock of conditioning for every performance athlete save powerlifters?

And in terms of overall health, cardio isn't overrated, it's under-performed.

It lowers blood pressure, reduces stress, improves sexual function, burns calories, and adds longevity better than anything else you can do.

Originally posted by brodus
As for cardio being overrated, do you know anyone who does 2 hours of cardio? Or have you ever done that for a couple months? If it's overrated, why is it the bedrock of conditioning for every performance athlete save powerlifters?

HIIT is ok because tweaks your metabolism and don´t promote catabolism. 2 hours of cardio ? You are killing yourself.

Back