• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

3 Surprising Reasons to Give Up Soda

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
3 Surprising Reasons to Give Up Soda
By Leah Zerbe

Soda—it’s actually grosser than you thought. You already know it’s not good for you, but these three facts could help you quit soda—cold turkey. By now, it’s probably fair to say that most Americans know soda isn’t a health-promoting drink. Over the years, the carbonated [...]
Read More...

Last edited by a moderator:
I admit to being guilty of knocking back a Diet Coke when I just can't stomach any more water.

Haven't touched that stuff in 10 years. Saved money and lost weight :winkfinger:

I've cut way back over the years.

Looks like taking it down to zero consumption starts right now.

Thanks for the post Prince!:winkfinger:

There's no saving me, diet coke owns me. I'm gonna need inpatient care to stop that habit.

Ahead of the game....rarely drink soda, but I do drink a ton of Crystal Lite.... which I'm sure is also bad for you!!

Ahead of the game....rarely drink soda, but I do drink a ton of Crystal Lite.... which I'm sure is also bad for you!!

Me too, I love crystal lite...

But probably 1-2 times a month i'll drink a sprite or a coke when im eating

Vanilla coke zero and black cherry fresca ftfw.

Haven't touched a pop for 10 years and now I have the reasons not to touch one for another 100

I've always been against sodas. I mean there is a reason we exhale CO2. It's poisonous to our bodies, so why would we want to put it right back in?

Soda, blah...

Give me a diet beer, anyday!

I always challenge some women at work to give it up for 2 weeks, they do and lose anywhere from 3-5 lbs...but then go right back to drinking it and taking diet pills. People just kill me.

Yes, soda is really not good for health. inhaling CO2 is just like inviting the thief to our home

I stopped drinking soda about 2 weeks ago and upped my daily intake of cold water. Your body burns calories just to heat cold water to your body temp. So far I don't see a whole lot in the way of weight loss but I feel a helluva lot better.

IML Gear Cream!
I knew there was a reason I always avioded the stuff besides the fact that it murders my throat... Glad to know we finally have science that is catching up to common sense.

Mexican Coke (in the glass bottle) is my bane. Fortunately it's prohibitively expensive (a buck or more for 12 oz.) so I only drink it on special occasions (couple times a month). It's the old formula that we used to have in the U.S.

Cigars are the same way...can't afford to smoke 'em often enough to be a problem (once a year maybe)

Diet soda actually improves weight gain by as much as 41 percent. But if cutting out soda in total is too difficult, you could replace one soda per day with water. Cutting down from two per day to one can give up about a 16 pound annual loss.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Oldie but goodie!!

High Fructose Corn Syrup, now used in preference to sugar, is associated with poor development of collagen in growing animals, especially in the context of copper deficiency. All fructose must be metabolized by the liver. Animals on high-fructose diets develop liver problems similar to those of alcoholics.

Aspartame, used in diet sodas, is a potent neurotoxin and endocrine disrupter.

Caffeine stimulates the adrenal gland without providing nourishment. In large amounts, caffeine can lead to adrenal exhaustion, especially in children.

Phosphoric acid, added to give soft drinks "bite," is associated with calcium loss.

Citric acid often contains traces of MSG, a neurotoxin.

Artificial Flavors may also contain traces of MSG.

Water may contain high amounts of fluoride and other contaminants.

Cheers!!!

Back