• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

7 day fast

immigrant

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey guyz,

I wasn't sure whether to post this in the supplement forums or here, but I thought this one made more sense. Anyway, I'm due for a full cleansing of my system and am doing the 7 day juice and water only fast starting tomorrow.

My current stats:
5'8"
192 lbs
9% BF

My question is this:
For the last 47 days, I've been taking No-xplode and Cellmass. Should I continue to take the 2 products through the fast? Will they help in minimizing loss of LBM? or should I cut those out as well and start back afterwards?

Of course, I will be training through out the fast, however, more on the higher rep range, along w/ moderate cardio.

Thanks,

immigrant

Ingesting only juice & water for seven days is the most ridiculous thing I've heard. Please rethink this.

i know a number of people who have done a 7 day fast.

i wouldn't do it.

if you are going to do it then stop taking the supplements. Read the book (or article) and follow the directions to a "T", if you want it to workout properly. A lot of them tell you certain things you should be doing and when. Don't just follow it half assed. If you do, you will be:

a) disappointed
b) come on here and post about how it sucked and didn't work
c) I will call you a fucking moron for saying something doesn't work when you only follow half of the directions and don't pay attention to the information that the author is presenting to you.

None of those three things are desireable.

i know a number of people who have done a 7 day fast.

i wouldn't do it.

if you are going to do it then stop taking the supplements. Read the book (or article) and follow the directions to a "T", if you want it to workout properly. A lot of them tell you certain things you should be doing and when. Don't just follow it half assed. If you do, you will be:

a) disappointed
b) come on here and post about how it sucked and didn't work
c) I will call you a fucking moron for saying something doesn't work when you only follow half of the directions and don't pay attention to the information that the author is presenting to you.

None of those three things are desireable.

P, are you implying this has some benefit if done right? If so, what?

P, are you implying this has some benefit if done right? If so, what?

I don't know. Like I said, I haven't done it (I don't think I ever will either). I haven't really researched it either because it is not something I am really interested in for myself or for my clients.

People say that it is "cleansing" and can rid the body of toxins, etc. I am sure their are websites that can give you a number of potential benefits and I am sure their are websites that can give you a number of potential problems with it.

Like everything, you have to read it and draw up some conclusion for yourself as to whether or not it is for you.

I have a couple of nutritionist in my family and back when I was a fat fuck I looked for anything to lose weight. I ran across different versions of fasting diets and was told in no certain terms that they're not good for you.

Both of the people I trust on the matter explained it very simply to me. They said our vital organs are in our body for a reason, let them do their jobs and try to eat more sensibly.

I'm certainly not an expert on it but I hear the same thing from a lot of doctors as well.

I have a couple of nutritionist in my family and back when I was a fat fuck I looked for anything to lose weight. I ran across different versions of fasting diets and was told in no certain terms that they're not good for you.

Both of the people I trust on the matter explained it very simply to me. They said our vital organs are in our body for a reason, let them do their jobs and try to eat more sensibly.

I'm certainly not an expert on it but I hear the same thing from a lot of doctors as well.

like i said, you have to make that descion for yourself. I wouldn't want to do it.

a number of doctors and nutritionists are the ones that write the books...so, their views may not be shared by others in the field.....just like any field, you have people on different sides of the fence.

thanks for the input guys....

yea, that was actually my reaction to originally hearing about the fast as well, but after some research, i decided to go through w/ it b/c of the "expected" health aspects described....i mean, as a cosmetic BB, i eat a lot of meat and dairy products, and over time, a lot of gunk can build up in your intestines....i thought this would help to clean my system out and make me an overall healthier individual....well wutever, just a week....i'll give it a shot....

out,

immigrant

yea, that was actually my reaction to originally hearing about the fast as well, but after some research, i decided to go through w/ it b/c of the "expected" health aspects described....i mean, as a cosmetic BB, i eat a lot of meat and dairy products, and over time, a lot of gunk can build up in your intestines....i thought this would help to clean my system out and make me an overall healthier individual....well wutever, just a week....i'll give it a shot....

out,

immigrant
If you want to "cleanse" yourself, chew a pack of Feenamint gum.

i eat a lot of meat and dairy products, and over time, a lot of gunk can build up in your intestines....
That is simply not true. There is no medical evidence whatsoever to suggest that anything you eat leaves any kind of toxic residue that builds up in your intestines and needs to be "cleansed." No autopsy or colonoscopy has ever shown "gunk" build up in a non-diseased colon.

You might want to take a minute and google this topic (include keywords such as "debunked" or "quackery" so that you don't get buried under ads trying to sell you colon cleansing products that no one on earth needs).

I lost almost 1/4" on my arms just working down in San Diego for 2 days. I took protein powder with me but I didn't get to eat as much as I'd liked, I was on my feet for up to 18 hours a day during that time, sleeping and eating very little. I only lost 4 pounds but that was basically all muscle from the stress and lack of protein.

If you are watching LBM and anywhere distanced from your natural LBM which I'd guess you to be, then I'd be of the opinion that this would be stupid unless you are trying to bleed out some serious problem. Liquid diets have reputations for killing people, man does not live by liquids alone.

Some of my friends through the years have been pot smoking hippies and they do this kind of crap to themselves, yet they walk around fat as ever. I think this is an assinine practice unless you are seriously doing it for a targeted reason i.e. you have medical evidence of something going on and you know how to get rid of it. If your guru consultant from India that you met on a tech support call when your Dell laptop died told you to do it, I'd think again.

Just because someone says its a good idea, doesn't mean it is.

Have you spoken to people who have done the 7 day fast and had good results (while not going completely insane)?????

Milk and meat are natural things, and you are worried about eating them?

And if you are a cosmetic BBer, then you should know how the girls that hardly eat are all floppy and fatty, even if they are skinny, and you'll be mimmicking their eating habits, in an extreme fashion.

Could not have said it better myself.

Starving yourself for 7 days is about as useful (and healthy) as spitting in a cup for an hour to 'make weight' for a race.

Not really a good idea....

out,

immigrant

I can understand a 2-Day Fast. Seven days in gonna put your body and mind under some serious stress. Dangerous, maybe.

Update this on day seven... if you follow through. Might be interesting to hear what you've experienced.

Update this on day seven... if you follow through. Might be interesting to hear what you've experienced.

you mean besides headaches and a bad attitude?

you mean besides headaches and a bad attitude?

That... and - after seven days of not eating I bet everything's gonna smell like food. Even when grandpa farts... he's gonna think, "mmm, I'd sure like to have a bowl of that."

I'd like to see how his seventh day workout turns out. Maybe a video? That would be fun!

Hey guyz,

I wasn't sure whether to post this in the supplement forums or here, but I thought this one made more sense. Anyway, I'm due for a full cleansing of my system and am doing the 7 day juice and water only fast starting tomorrow.

My current stats:
5'8"
192 lbs
9% BF

My question is this:
For the last 47 days, I've been taking No-xplode and Cellmass. Should I continue to take the 2 products through the fast? Will they help in minimizing loss of LBM? or should I cut those out as well and start back afterwards?

Of course, I will be training through out the fast, however, more on the higher rep range, along w/ moderate cardio.

Thanks,

immigrant

Why not try a shorter fast once a week? Maybe 18 hours, so you would eat a meal at 4 pm one day and not eat solid food again until 10:00 am the next day. That way you would give your digestive system a short break from solid foods, without all the muscle loss you will get if you fast several days. Just an idea-good luck whatever you do:)

Hey guyz,

My current stats:
5'8"
192 lbs
9% BF

My question is this:

Thanks,

immigrant

Just get a colonic. :shrug:

That is simply not true. There is no medical evidence whatsoever to suggest that anything you eat leaves any kind of toxic residue that builds up in your intestines and needs to be "cleansed." No autopsy or colonoscopy has ever shown "gunk" build up in a non-diseased colon.

You might want to take a minute and google this topic (include keywords such as "debunked" or "quackery" so that you don't get buried under ads trying to sell you colon cleansing products that no one on earth needs).

This is true. There is no evidence that there is a build up and that it needs cleansing. Our bodies are designed to get rid of anything toxic. That is why you have a liver and kidneys... and they are very effective at getting rid of toxins. That is why you can drink to close to the point of death and feel fine within a couple days. The best thing you can do if you are worried about toxins is to eat a healthy well balanced diet with lots of fruits and vegetables. Eat lots of anti-oxidants. Get lots of vitamins, minerals and fiber... and exercise. Don't put crap into your body that results in toxins.

Let your body do what it was designed for.

Back