• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

MMA News and Notes

IML Gear Cream!
I disagree. Hamil was stong in the beginning, but Bisping clearly took that fight back. How it was a "unanimous decision" was beyond me.

All in all, I thought the entire night's fights were boring. The main event's was actually the least worst, making the viewing that much better.

I didnt end up watching this at a bar, so it was me by my lonesome. I was one on one with the fights and I was :yawn: a few times.

Cro Cop...jesus, what, did the UFC cage just totally rob him of his spark? Anyone that watched UFC and never watched Pride wouldnt think twice about Mirko. Konga(o) fought a good fight though, but damn, this is "cro cop."
Agreed on cro cop ... I mean WTF?!?!? Where's cro cop at? That wasn't him.

On Bisping we disagree. He never did anything at all in the fight. His punches were never committed, but thrown with a pulled and guarded action as though he was afraid of the counter punch ... as well he should have been. He also spent 90% of the fight backing up or getting out of trouble. I DID win money on him ... so w/e.

I disagree. Hamil was stong in the beginning, but Bisping clearly took that fight back. How it was a "unanimous decision" was beyond me.

It wasn't unanimous. One judge scored it 30-27, giving all 3 rounds to Hamill.

How anyone in their right mind could see that fight going to Bisping is beyond me. Hamill got fucking robbed by the UFC promotion machine and it stinks to high heaven.

1. Bisping got his ass handed to him. Hamil easily won rounds 1 and 2.

2. Rampage/Hendo went EXACTLY how I thought it would. Even got the bonus over at MMA Playground. :)

3. Cro-cop is finished. I don't think he looked too much different than he ever did, he just never really got challenged over in PRIDE. Guys in the UFC come in with airtight gameplans while over in PRIDE people just slugged it out playing to their opponents strengths. Kongo getting takedowns on Cro-cop? I'm thinking Cro-cop's legendary takedown defense isn't so legendary after all...

The first couple fights were good. I thought the Marcus Davis win was very impressive.

The first couple fights were good. I thought the Marcus Davis win was very impressive.

Yeah, I knew that was gonna be a good fight because I downloaded Taylor's last fight and he took it to the dude. Davis got rocked real bad and pulled it out.

I knew Alexander was gonna KO Sakara too, that fight was tailor made for him.

Still pissed about the Bisping fight though, he got worked.

^ yep, that was a ridic decision. I'd be so dissapointed. In a way, if that happened to me, I'd rather lose legit than like that. Knowing you won and losing is a spirit breaker.

It wasn't unanimous. One judge scored it 30-27, giving all 3 rounds to Hamill.

How anyone in their right mind could see that fight going to Bisping is beyond me. Hamill got fucking robbed by the UFC promotion machine and it stinks to high heaven.

It wasnt unanimous? I must be thinking of another fight.. :scratch:

It really didnt surprise me that Bisping lost the decision. :shrug:

^ yep, that was a ridic decision. I'd be so dissapointed. In a way, if that happened to me, I'd rather lose legit than like that. Knowing you won and losing is a spirit breaker.

Not only that but Bisping has to know that at the very least he kinda got "beat up" and he was such a smug prick about winning. The fans were booing about something while Bisping was talking to Joe, I thought they were booing him for saying what he said. The fans gave Hamil a nice ovation after he talked to Rogan, I was happy about that.

All in all, had I missed these fights I wouldnt be too upset. I just didnt think they were all that great.
I kinda felt the same way while watching the last fight, although the Rampage/Henderson fight was a dandy IMO.

^^ just like rampage too.. right? heh

Anyway.. i was very dissapointed in mirko :( I thought the very first fight was a good one, and the rampage fight was great

Bisping is a cocky fuck, for a shitty fight. Hamil should have got the W.

Hamil was alot nicer then i would have been post fight. what a load of shit.

Some good fights,nothing eventful though.

Bisping is a cocky fuck, for a shitty fight. Hamil should have got the W.

Hamil was alot nicer then i would have been post fight. what a load of shit.

Some good fights,nothing eventful though.

Seriously. I give props to Hamill for coming out to "Born in the USA," winning the fight no question, and still keeping his cool after the decision. If Bisping can get caught with Hamill and Sinosic punches, I'd like to see him square off with someone like Drew McFedries or drop down and face off with Terry. He'll get KO'd quick. IMO.

I did great on my predictions for this card. So much so that I'll be applying for food stamps in the morning :pissed:

hammildw8.jpg

i was being sarcastic. i dont think that fedor will lose coming into the ufc.

UFC 75 Judge Jeff Mullen Explains Bisping-Hamill Score

UFC 75 Judge Jeff Mullen Explains Bisping-Hamill Score -- UFC news at MMAjunkie.com

UFC 75 Judge Jeff Mullen Explains Bisping-Hamill Score

Posted by MMA Junkie on September 10, 2007 at 12:14 pm ET

070910mullen.jpg

Longtime MMA judge Jeff Mullen, one of the two officials who scored Saturday???s UFC 75 fight between Michael Bisping and Matt Hamill as a victory for the U.K fighter, says that the angle in which he was watched the fight played a major role in his final decision.

The Bisping-Hamill fight took place Saturday at the 02 Arena in London, England. The final verdict was a controversial split-decision victory for Bisping, ???The Ultimate Fighter 3??? light-heavyweight winner.

Mullen, who says he first started judging UFC contests in 1996 (and has been doing it twice as long as any other current judge), recently posted a message on The Underground Forum, where he???s been a member since 2001.

Mullen argues that he had a clear view of Bisping early in the second round ??? a view that the television camera and the UFC broadcasters didn???t have ??? and that the local fighter ???was landing the jab again and again and not getting hit.??? Additionally, he argues that Bipsing was ???using an active guard trying to turn for armbars and sweeps??? in the second round while Hamill was ???doing very little on top.???

Both Jeff Mullen and Cecil Peoples scored the fight 29-28 (awarding Bisping the second and third rounds) while British judge Chris Watts gave all three rounds to Hamill.

In the end, it was a controversial split-decision for Bisping.

???By the way, Mario Yamasaki thought Bisping won rounds two and three,??? Mullen wrote. ???Mario was the ref and had a better view than any of us.

Because England has no athletic commission, the UFC was responsible for regulating the event. UFC Vice President of Regulatory Affairs Marc Ratner was charged with the tasks of drug testing the fighters and choosing officials ??? including Mullen ??? to judge Saturday???s fights.

Marcus Davis fighting for the fight

MMA WEEKLY - Your #1 Source for Daily MMA News, Interviews, Multimedia, and More

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- MARCUS DAVIS FIGHTING FOR THE FIGHT

[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - by Jeff Cain - MMAWeekly.com[/FONT]

4676-HEADLINE.jpg

Fresh off a victory over Paul Taylor at UFC 75 Saturday night, "The Irish Hand Grenade," Marcus Davis, spoke with MMAWeekly about the fight, the high kick that nearly finished him, and what he wants his legacy as a fighter to be.

Marcus Davis has come a long way since his appearance on The Ultimate Fighter's second season. Since losing to Melvin Guillard in the season's finale, Davis has strung together a ten fight win streak with the last five amassed in the UFC.

Saturday night, at UFC 75, Davis continued to look impressive defeating the tough Brit, Paul Taylor, by arm bar late in the opening round, but he found himself in a lot of trouble after being kicked in the neck by Taylor and sent crashing to the canvas.

Questioned about the kick, Davis responded, "I don't think it was how hard the kick was. It was just where it was placed. If the kick actually hit me in the head, I don't think it would have hurt me since I'm used to taking a baseball bat to the head. It pretty much caught me right in the neck, and what it did, if you watch the tape you can see my legs just go out from underneath me. As soon as I hit the ground my head was clear, even when he was hitting me with shots, and that's why I think Yves Lavigne never stopped him."

Davis added, "He hit me in my neck, and what happened was my legs just came out from underneath me. I don't know if anybody has caught you in the Jugular vein before, but it immediately paralyzes that side of your leg, or the leg on that side. It just took my legs out from underneath me. When I first hit the ground, I swear I was lying there thinking to myself, I can't believe I just got caught with a high kick. I haven't been hit with a high kick in about four years. I was actually in shock."

Marcus was grateful that Yves Lavigne was the referee. He said, "I'm so happy that I did have Yves Lavigne that night and not some of the other guys that have been criticized for stopping fights early."

He continued, "When he did stand over me he got to see my face and saw that I was fine. He saw Paul Taylor put his arm across my throat and was hitting me with his other hand with hammer strikes. I wasn't able to move my head, but he wasn't getting any power into those hammer strikes. I think that's why he didn't stop it immediately.

Marcus was able to improve his position and reverse Taylor which eventually led to the arm bar submission that ended the fight.

Davis doesn't care about titles or rankings. He fights because he enjoys fighting, and he wants to compete against competitors that are going to present a difficult challenge and produce epic bouts.

"I tell people all the time, and I don't know if they believe me when I say this, I only fight because I love it. If I only fought because I thought I was going to be UFC champion, if I wanted anything I would have quit a long time ago. After the miserable performance I had on TUF, and all that stuff, no where in my head did I think, wow, I could easily jump into title contention. I lived in reality at the time, and I knew that either A: I can either quit fighting and hang it up, or B: I can just keep doing it because I love it. I like to fight, and I love that challenge."

"I'm striving to have one fight that solidifies my name in MMA history like people talk about [Marvin] Hagler and [Thomas] Hearns. I want to have that fight before I get out of mixed martial arts. I don't need the belt. I don't need people to say he was the best fighter in the world. I want people to say did you ever see that fight that Marcus Davis was in with so and so? It was probably the best fight that I ever saw. That's what I want. That's where I want my legacy to be as a fighter."

We can only hope a matchmaker can find that "so and so" for Marcus Davis.

guess we will have to wait and see when/if they do end up fighting. i love randy.. but i just dont see him beating fedor.

Hamill's post fight comments

MMANEWS.COM | Matt Hamills Post Fight Comments

Matt Hamill's Post Fight Comments
MMANEWS.COM
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
From Matt's Myspace:

???I wanted to thank you for all your support following UFC 75. I put a lot of heart into that fight and I feel good about my performance. I am still improving and getting better with more training and to become a well-rounded fighter. I am looking forward to more fights in the near future. PS I want to thank you all for the emails. I have thousands and its hard to respond to all of them but I do try to read them when I have free time and it lifts my spirit. So thank you.???

I have to be honest about this one. Matt Hamill is one of the most humble guys in the sport. I like the guy and hope that he goes far. He's an inspiration and that, no one can take away from him. Win or lose he came out looking like the better fighter in the Bisping fight and I think he has gained many fans because of his attitude after the fact.
[/FONT]

Back