• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

MMA News and Notes

IML Gear Cream!
Word on the street is Fedor is gonna sign with UFC 4 fights 2 million a fight.

Anything, please get Fedor in the UFC.

I don't think he is gonna be as dominate as everyone thinks , with steroid testing policies, elbows with his babyskin, and the cage instead of a ring, Its gonna be a tuff transition. I would like to see Barnett more, but with all the stuff he has said lately I doubt we will see him.

http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/Rumor-Kil...ven-Close.html

"I didn???t hear the show but I???ve read in several places that Tagg Radio reported today that the show heard from a reliable source in Fedor Emelianenko???s camp that he???s been offered a four fight deal worth $2 million per bout that would also allow him to fight in Russia. The reports I am reading suggests that Fedor is close to accepting.

If that story is in fact being reported I can tell you that a reliable source I spoke to from the UFC left me with a completely different impression of Thursday???s meeting. I did not ask the source specifically about Tagg Radio???s report and simply asked about how the meeting on Thursday went. The answer was not good and no indication was given that a deal was even close to being agreed to."

Thats laughable.. he is the best fighter for a reason, and PRIDE was more hardcore than ufc. Headstomps, knee while on the mat, kicking in the face etc. He will definately have to adjust, but IMO he will claim the belt with ease.

Thats laughable.. he is the best fighter for a reason, and PRIDE was more hardcore than ufc. Headstomps, knee while on the mat, kicking in the face etc. He will definately have to adjust, but IMO he will claim the belt with ease.

I don't think Pride was more "hardcore", althought I enjoyed watching Pride cards rather than UFC.

Headstomps and kicks to the face were few and far between in the heavyweight division.

Elbows are far more likely to actually occur in a fight.

Most of Pride's ground fighting was a matter of squirming around in the guard until you caught an arm. You couldn't really inflict damage from the guard because you had to raise up to throw punches. And against someone as sweaty and slippery as Fedor, that usually meant him sweeping and reversing position.

Likewise, Fedor could have dropped elbows on many occasions instead of having to out-muscle people into giving up an arm to a kimura.

UFC President Dana White confirmed that the fighter has been cut from his contract after initially refusing to break a chokehold on opponent David Heath and then admitting it during a post-fight interview. Sobral told the sold-out crowd in the Mandalay Bay Events Center that he wanted to ???teach (Heath) a lesson??? for disrespecting him during the previous day???s weigh-ins.

Vids?

IML Gear Cream!
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] BABALU ISSUES STATEMENT FOLLOWING NSAC HEARING[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Saturday, September 01, 2007 - by MMAWeekly.com[/FONT]
4617-BabaluWiuff082UFC52.jpg

Renato "Babalu" Sobral issued the following statement after his initial hearing before the Nevada State Athletic Commission on Friday regarding his actions in a bout with David Heath at UFC 74. In the days after the fight, Sobral was released from his UFC contract.

To My Family, Friends, Fans and Sponsors:

Since UFC 74, I have wanted to speak publicly about my fight with David Heath. I waited to do so, however, out of respect for the Nevada State Athletic Commission, Zuffa, Inc. and Dana White. After all, it is their efforts that have legitimized Mixed Martial Arts in the sports world and I realize that my conduct has unintentionally hindered those efforts. For that, among other things, I am deeply sorry.

I have been fighting professionally since 1998. Prior to my fight with David Heath, my professional record was twenty-seven wins with seven losses. Fourteen of my victories came by way of submission. Not once was I ever accused of holding a choke or submission too long. If anything, there has always been and continues to be a great camaraderie between my opponents and I after the fight.

Being a professional mixed martial artist is more than a career to me. It is my livelihood and my way of life. Consequently, I am deeply sorry for any embarrassment that has been brought upon the sport, other mixed martial artists (especially David Heath), my Academy and most importantly, my family.

As if the embarrassment were not enough, my actions during the fight with David and my comments afterwards, have already resulted in severe financial loss to my family because as you know, in addition to my win bonus still being withheld, yesterday I was released from my contract with the UFC.

There has been much talk about things that may have been said to me by David Heath at the weigh-in. What David said to me at the weigh-in didn???t matter then and doesn???t matter now. What matters are my comments after the fight. And, regardless of what you may read by so called MMA experts on the internet, I never said that I purposefully choked-out David Heath. In short, my post-fight comments, while inappropriate, were not intended to be comments about the choke. Rather, they were intended to be comments about the aggressive performance that I put in.

I did not intentionally choke out David Heath. The first that I realized that David had tapped was when people told me that he did after the fight. When I finally had the chance to view the tape, I see that he did. When David tapped, I did not feel it. I wish I did for I would have let it go. Instead, I continued to hold it. Not because I was upset or wanted him to lose consciousness. I held it because I didn???t know he tapped and I was intent on winning the fight. Holding on to a choke a little long is not an uncommon mistake made in training, and never in my career have I witnessed or heard of an injury resulting from it.

When I had the choke, I was not looking the referee in the eyes as one commentator erroneously observed. Nor did I hear the referee issue any verbal command to release the hold. Instead, my head was down to strengthen the move and my eyes closed with focus. As a result, I did not feel the referee tap me the first time either. It was not until he put his hands on my right shoulder that I felt him trying to separate us. When I felt this, I immediately released the choke.

After [Friday's] hearing [with the Nevada State Athletic Commission] I traveled to the UFC???s office to meet with Dana White. Contrary to recent reports in the media, this meeting was not to discuss my being released from the UFC. In fact, this meeting was arranged prior to my even being released from the contract. The purpose of the meeting was for me to personally apologize to Dana while at the same time thank him for all the opportunities that the UFC has given to my family and I. Unfortunately, I was unable to meet with Dana due to a calendaring error Nevertheless, thanks Dana and my apologies.

I am a professional fighter. This is what I do for a living. I do not hold a day job and then train at night to fight. I know nothing else but how to fight. This is how I support my family.

On behalf of my family and friends, I appreciate the support that you have given me over the years, not to mention in the recent week, and I am hopeful that I will have the opportunity to fight again in the State of Nevada.

Thank you.

RENATO 'BABALU' SOBRAL

Art Of War 3 was a kick ass event. Torrent on ISOHUNT

Jason Maxwell vs Thomas Schulte
Anthony Njokuani vs Keyon Mike Jackson
Lana Stefanac vs Franita Gathings
James Stelly vs Luis Arthur Cane
Alex Andrade vs Fabiano capoani
Hector Munoz vs Cristiano Marcello
Ron Waterman vs Mario Rinaldi
Keith Wisniewski vs Carlo Prater
Jeremy Horn vs Jorge Santiago
Jeff Monson vs Pedro Rizzo

My take on Fedor from another forum:

FatCatMC said:
Yes Mark Hunt had the mount for a brief moment, had side control for a majority of the first round, he even secured an Americana for a moment and he's a kickboxer. Someone with the skills, size and strength/speed combination of Gonzaga has a very real chance of beating Fedor. Especially as easily as Fedor cuts and elbows being in play.

When Coleman fought Fedor the 2nd time, really the only defense Fedor had against his takedown was draping his elbow over the top rope. When Coleman had him in the center of the ring, he got the takedown and this was without his beloved wrestling shoes on.

Fedor is far from unbeatable. I pray to god the UFC can get this deal done because I'm sick of the speculating. It's now 2 years since Fedor has fought anyone in the top 10, and his only 2 wins over top 10 fighters were over guys that have performed poorly in the UFC thus far.

I'm growing impatient Fedor.

Fedor does some amazing things, but nothing that can't be game planed for.

Art Of War 3 was a kick ass event. Torrent on ISOHUNT

Jason Maxwell vs Thomas Schulte
Anthony Njokuani vs Keyon Mike Jackson
Lana Stefanac vs Franita Gathings
James Stelly vs Luis Arthur Cane
Alex Andrade vs Fabiano capoani
Hector Munoz vs Cristiano Marcello
Ron Waterman vs Mario Rinaldi
Keith Wisniewski vs Carlo Prater
Jeremy Horn vs Jorge Santiago
Jeff Monson vs Pedro Rizzo

I saw the Monson vs. Rizzo fight. I was pretty shocked.

Ron Waterman is a pretty nice guy. Anyone got a link to the horn fight?

I saw the Monson vs. Rizzo fight. I was pretty shocked.
Anytime there are teeth found on the cage floor you know it was a good battle. The ref should have let that fight go a little longer IMHO, but the loser didn't complain so w/e. Still a good battle.

IML Gear Cream!
: Originally Posted by BobSappFan
It's true, Fedor has signed a UFC contract. He will be making 1.8 million per fight and is locked in for 4 fights at this point. He is being allowed to compete in sambo competitions, but the Russian co-promotion with UFC is not happening. Fedor's management was upset about that, but Fedor himself insisted on the contract anyway because he wanted to fight where they had the biggest concentration of the best of MMA HW's.

I am not even going to bother posting this to Sherdog, I was flamed way too much last time I broke news and didn't appreciate it. I'm sure this will make it there soon though. The official announcement will be made right before the main event of UFC 75.

He told about the ufc buying pride before anyone so we will see if this is for real

I aint gonna spoil anything but Im pissed about the Crocop/Kongo fight

That decision going to Bispin was bullSHIT.

Good fight between Hendo and Rampage. I'm broke and disappointed, but it was still a good fight.

I agree completely. He got pounded and made like one real contact power punch.

I disagree. Hamil was stong in the beginning, but Bisping clearly took that fight back. How it was a "unanimous decision" was beyond me.

All in all, I thought the entire night's fights were boring. The main event's was actually the least worst, making the viewing that much better.

I didnt end up watching this at a bar, so it was me by my lonesome. I was one on one with the fights and I was :yawn: a few times.

Cro Cop...jesus, what, did the UFC cage just totally rob him of his spark? Anyone that watched UFC and never watched Pride wouldnt think twice about Mirko. Konga(o) fought a good fight though, but damn, this is "cro cop."

Back