• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Are Supplements Necessary?

roxygirl

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am trying to loose body fat and tone up my muscles, and wanted to know if I needed to take supplements. I've never taken any- is there a benefit and do they really work if I am just trying to tone up?

hey roxy coxy....What part of utah are you from, im in salt lake.....anyway...NO supplements are not necessary, altho they can be of a great benefit to you, If you are trying to "tone up" maybe you should not stare at those "treadmill girls at the gym" toning (altho you did not give us any information about yourself) mean a combination of a clean DIET, cardio and yes even weight lifting....you also did not mention if you are a begginer or a more experienced person but i presume you are a newbie at this.....well 80% of "bodybuilding" is about diet....you will never "tone up" and have the look that you want by eating pizza on a saturday night with your girlfriends while the other farts and everyone starts laughing (oh no wait thats my friends,lol) annnyway...you get the point right??? If you want to tone up and have a hard nice body you need to lift weights...and not just the machines, you need to get the free weights and start a routine (be carefull not to injure yourself)..........Supplements are a good thing, you should go get some multi-vitamins, fish oil...maybe a protein powder to replace a meal or two during a day....and that is about all you need...you dont need no "miracle pills" they sell at gnc as they almost never work for people who are new to diet and such....all you need is dedication. motivation and you can do it....later if you end up geting into the sport then you could benefit from other supps, but for now that is all you need....

assuming i am eating right, would it be worth it to take whey protien right after i work out?

QuestionGuy said:
hey roxy coxy....What part of utah are you from, im in salt lake.....anyway...NO supplements are not necessary, altho they can be of a great benefit to you, If you are trying to "tone up" maybe you should not stare at those "treadmill girls at the gym" toning (altho you did not give us any information about yourself) mean a combination of a clean DIET, cardio and yes even weight lifting....you also did not mention if you are a begginer or a more experienced person but i presume you are a newbie at this.....well 80% of "bodybuilding" is about diet....you will never "tone up" and have the look that you want by eating pizza on a saturday night with your girlfriends while the other farts and everyone starts laughing (oh no wait thats my friends,lol) annnyway...you get the point right??? If you want to tone up and have a hard nice body you need to lift weights...and not just the machines, you need to get the free weights and start a routine (be carefull not to injure yourself)..........Supplements are a good thing, you should go get some multi-vitamins, fish oil...maybe a protein powder to replace a meal or two during a day....and that is about all you need...you dont need no "miracle pills" they sell at gnc as they almost never work for people who are new to diet and such....all you need is dedication. motivation and you can do it....later if you end up geting into the sport then you could benefit from other supps, but for now that is all you need....

Whtas up-- I am currently in Orem but moving to Sandy this month. You? Im not really a begginer to working out, Ive played sports my whole life and have been going to the gym on and off for years but I am new to eating right and getting serious about getting toned! Jodi and some others have helped me put together a diet plan in the "nutrition" section of this forum under "need help cutting" if you have anything to add....:)
Thanks for the help!

of course, add some oat meal into it and you have a whole meal.....there is so much to tell, so go do some research and reading and if you still have more questions just ask us in here.....protein powder is not a steroid (no matter what people tell you) it will make you fat if you drink it and not do anything....so dont think that protein powder is some kind of fat burner or muscle builder...

yea ive never wanted to take it for fear of getting fat! where are you a bouncer?

That depends. If you don't eat large fish such as Salmon, then yes Fish Oil is necessary.
If you don't eat tons of green veggies, lots of fiber, drink lots of milk etc then yes, Multivitamins and Minerals are necessary.

Seriously though, I think there are 3 major supps that everyone should have.
1. Protein Powder
2. MutiVitamins/Minerals
3. Fish Oi.

Jodi said:
That depends. If you don't eat large fish such as Salmon, then yes Fish Oil is necessary.
If you don't eat tons of green veggies, lots of fiber, drink lots of milk etc then yes, Multivitamins and Minerals are necessary.

1. Protein Powder
2. MutiVitamins/Minerals
3. Fish Oi.

I eat salmon every night and just added spinach per your request! So Im good on the fish oil right?

IML Gear Cream!
lol

roxygirl said:
I eat salmon every night and just added spinach per your request! So Im good on the fish oil right?

you should take more fish oil.....

hehe

Jodi said:

1. Protein Powder
2. MutiVitamins/Minerals
3. Fish Oi.

I feel special jodi agrees with me :D

hehe

roxygirl said:
yea ive never wanted to take it for fear of getting fat! where are you a bouncer?

where did you get that idea from??? I am not a bouncer, I am in the police academy, isnt that just as hot ???? :eyebrow: :flex:

I already take a multi- so add fish oil and whey protien? I just need to not slack on the gym so it doesnt turn to fat. I should take the whey right after I lift, right? Thanks for all the help guys. I love this forum- it seriously has made a huge difference in my planning!

QuestionGuy said:
where did you get that idea from??? I am not a bouncer, I am in the police academy, isnt that just as hot ???? :eyebrow: :flex:

from your profile silly.

You use the protein in place of animal meat to boost up your protein for the day however, animal protein is better than whey. Don't just start drinking whey shakes for the hell of of it. You need some dairy in your diet like FF Cheeses or LC FF Milk. You need a multimineral and multivitamin and 6-10G of fish oil per day. If you are truely eating approx. 6 oz. of Salmon per day then you only need 3 more grams of fish oil.

i did apply at a club downtown long time ago but they tunred me down ebcasue I was underage at the time....now that I look back at it I wouldnt want to do it anyway, since most of them ARE criminals...lol

that profile is old I even forgot that its there.... i used to do some shit for a company for a short time....now I just do security part time at a bus station, it involves a lot of "homeless bouncin" lol...under my job description it does say private security/bouncer tho...

what do you do ?

QuestionGuy said:
what do you do ?

Student and Cust. Service- sucks but it pays the bills.
Ok- I will go get some fish oil- sounds like with the protien I should try and get it from my deit first and then see how things go from there. Im trying to jump the gun here-- hard training starts monday. Just trying to cover my bases before I hit it "for real this time" ;)

IML Gear Cream!
hahhaha " ill start monday " " ill start tomorrow " ill start after this donut " hehehe, iF i had a nickle for everytime I heared that one before...lol, gooooooooooooooddddd luuuuuuckkkkkkkk its not going to be easy but it pays off...

Jodi said:
1. Protein Powder
2. MutiVitamins/Minerals
3. Fish Oi.

I agree with that, but I also feel that a joint supplement is necesssary if you weight train, i.e. Glucosomine/Chondroiten/MSM.

QuestionGuy said:

Hey bro, dont you have a girlfriend? :laugh:

Back