• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Breakfast Smoothie...

xnorwaks

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I posted this on another forum, and they bashed me since they said it had no nutritional value...and that it would taste sick...well here it is
>1/4 Frozen Berries
>1 Banana
>Milk 1% and Orange Juice Low Calorie, and low acidity(you don't even notice the mix)
>Flax Seed Powder (mixes in the blender like shit sometimes)
>Yogurt
>Small amount of soy milk(the reasoning behind this would be, that I heard that soy milk lowers testosterone levels, and raises Estrogen(sp.?) levels)
>Oatmeal
>Raw egg(just recently added this)

Now my question to you guys is that, what could I change in this to help me in toning up my body, and if there is anything you people see unhealthy about this smoothie please tell me. Thanks very much :hot:

xnorwaks said:
I posted this on another forum, and they bashed me since they said it had no nutritional value...and that it would taste sick...well here it is
>1/4 Frozen Berries
>1 Banana
>Milk 1% and Orange Juice Low Calorie, and low acidity(you don't even notice the mix)
>Flax Seed Powder (mixes in the blender like shit sometimes)
>Yogurt
>Small amount of soy milk(the reasoning behind this would be, that I heard that soy milk lowers testosterone levels, and raises Estrogen(sp.?) levels)
>Oatmeal
>Raw egg(just recently added this)

Now my question to you guys is that, what could I change in this to help me in toning up my body, and if there is anything you people see unhealthy about this smoothie please tell me. Thanks very much :hot:
Needs work...

Berries and banana is fine.

Drop the OJ - whole fruit is great, but fruit juice takes out half the good stuff associated with fruit and just gives you concentrated sugar calories.

Change the milk to skim and how much do you use?

Flax is fine.

What type of yoghurt and how much?

The soy milk - well... I could site papers, but I won't. I'll just leave it at this: Unless it has 'enriched with phyto-oestrogens' on it then the effects on your bodies natural hormones are a non-event.. Also - it can actually DECREASE oestrogen levels in some individuals (it is both oestrogenic and anti-oestrogenic in its action)... Include it if you want another source of protein/carbs - but make sure it is sugar-free and fat-free.

How much oatmeal?

Drop the raw eggs - the egg protein is not fully digestable unless it is cooked. It also binds biotin and can lead to health problems. (not to mention the chance of salmonella).

How 'adequate' it would be for you would depend on your stats/activity/goals.

I do something similar but use pineapple juice. Sure, they end up pretty sugary, so it isn't a cutting shake for sure, but in the morning it stops catabolism cold. I like it.

Sorry I do used Skim Milk, I use low fat, and low calorie yogurt, um...if you want the label its called Yoplait Source. I use about one little yogurt container, I use about half a bowl of oatmeal(medium sized bowl), about 1/4 - 1/3 of milk, and should I buy some Whey Protein Powder? Since I used to use it but stopped.

Emma-Leigh said:
Needs work...

Berries and banana is fine.

Drop the OJ - whole fruit is great, but fruit juice takes out half the good stuff associated with fruit and just gives you concentrated sugar calories.

Change the milk to skim and how much do you use?

Flax is fine.

What type of yoghurt and how much?

The soy milk - well... I could site papers, but I won't. I'll just leave it at this: Unless it has 'enriched with phyto-oestrogens' on it then the effects on your bodies natural hormones are a non-event.. Also - it can actually DECREASE oestrogen levels in some individuals (it is both oestrogenic and anti-oestrogenic in its action)... Include it if you want another source of protein/carbs - but make sure it is sugar-free and fat-free.

How much oatmeal?

Drop the raw eggs - the egg protein is not fully digestable unless it is cooked. It also binds biotin and can lead to health problems. (not to mention the chance of salmonella).

How 'adequate' it would be for you would depend on your stats/activity/goals.
Wouldn't the oestrogen effects be only relevant to women??

musclepump said:
Ah, yes, I've never touched soy milk... and never will.

milk comes from a cow, not a bean...lol

soy or rice milk will never touch my lips, that shit is nasty... :barf:

in the words of Lewis Black. "It should not be called soy milk becuase there is no Soy tit, It should be called soy juice, but they can't, because just saying "Soy Juice", makes you wanna gag. And keep that shit away from my Moo Cow fuck milk." LOL or something close to that.

LAM said:
milk comes from a cow, not a bean...lol

soy or rice milk will never touch my lips, that shit is nasty... :barf:
Did I need to specify that's what I meant, too?
tongue.gif

xnorwaks said:
Sorry I do used Skim Milk, I use low fat, and low calorie yogurt, um...if you want the label its called Yoplait Source. I use about one little yogurt container, I use about half a bowl of oatmeal(medium sized bowl), about 1/4 - 1/3 of milk, and should I buy some Whey Protein Powder? Since I used to use it but stopped.
"1 little yoghurt container"? - Could mean 100g, 150g or 200g... Which one is it?
"Low fat and low calorie"? - Is it 2% fat? 1%, 0%? Is sugar added? Read the label!
"Half a bowl of oatmeal"?? - Well that could mean anything from 20g to 200g!?
"0.25 - 0.33 of milk"? - Do you mean cups?
"Should you buy whey"? - That depends on your goals and your requirement...

IML Gear Cream!
grant said:
Wouldn't the oestrogen effects be only relevant to women??
Many male BB are 'scared' of soy because they feel it will increase their oestrogen levels...

But there are not really any huge oestrogen effects - esp in fermented soy products, those not enriched with phytooestrogens and in soy powders processed to remove phytooestrogens.

Also - Most people do not realise that soy is actually less powerful than the natural oestrogen that is already present in the body - so it binds to oestrogen receptors and blocks the more powerful action of the natural soy (which is why it is also 'anti-oestrogen' in it's action).

Emma you're so cool :thumb:

Btw, I think I'm moving to Australia. This west side of the States is bothering me, so I figure if I'm moving, I'm going far far away :)

Emma-Leigh said:
Many male BB are 'scared' of soy because they feel it will increase their oestrogen levels...

But there are not really any huge oestrogen effects - esp in fermented soy products, those not enriched with phytooestrogens and in soy powders processed to remove phytooestrogens.

Also - Most people do not realise that soy is actually less powerful than the natural oestrogen that is already present in the body - so it binds to oestrogen receptors and blocks the more powerful action of the natural soy (which is why it is also 'anti-oestrogen' in it's action).
Would these effects also pertain to other soy products such as soy burgers, etc?

grant said:
Would these effects also pertain to other soy products such as soy burgers, etc?
The proposed oestrogenic/anti-oestrogenic effects?

It depends on what and how much was in them, how they were processed, how they were cooked afterwards (at what heat, how long)... etc etc..

eg: If it contains fermented soy (eg: tofu, soy sauce) - then any phyto-oestrogen activity is distroyed... Same goes for how most soy isolates are processed... The more they are cooked/tampered with - the less activity it has.

A few studies you might want to read (they might be interesting):
http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abstract/79/3/396
http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/80/5/1685
http://www.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/133/3/956S
http://www.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/134/5/1229S
http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/full/70/3/439S

My breakfast "smoothie"

It's not much of a smoothie, I dont care about the taste really, but out of all my meals, I do enjoy this one..

Its basically yours, minus the other crap.

1 and 1/2 scoop whey
1 cup oatmeal
12oz milk
1 banana

I like it.

Emma-Leigh said:
"1 little yoghurt container"? - Could mean 100g, 150g or 200g... Which one is it?
"Low fat and low calorie"? - Is it 2% fat? 1%, 0%? Is sugar added? Read the label!
"Half a bowl of oatmeal"?? - Well that could mean anything from 20g to 200g!?
"0.25 - 0.33 of milk"? - Do you mean cups?
"Should you buy whey"? - That depends on your goals and your requirement...
In terms of yogurt I use 200g of sugar in total
The Milk i use is 1%, and in terms of the fractions of milk, i was talking about the blender, but I would guess it to be about 3 cups.

i like soy millk ya ya lots of other people dont like it jus everbody elses opionions.
I make a shake for lunch some of the time or breakfast i include:
1 or 2 tbsp of pb
1 cup of either vanillia soy or 1& percent milk
1\3 cup of oatmeal tastes great with the peanut butter

1cup of orange juice
one small bananna or cut a large one in halg
4 medium size strawberries
one small apple
with or without 1\3 cup of oatmeal i like either of them

Back