• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

cardio / carbs

klc9100

HI-Tech Redneck
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i get up at 5 and hit the gym. i lift weights M,W & F. i do abs and cardio T, Th & S. the only thing i intake preworkout is bcaa. i know carbs are an important part of your postworkout meal. is that the case after cardio as well?

I use the same PWO shake after any kind of a workout, even cardio. That's just me though and what I'm used to doing.

it is impossible to train at high levels of intensity when the body is in a hypoglycemic state. you are short changing yourself but not consuming any carbs before your early am training sessions.

What's the primary purpose of your cardio?

to burn fat

it is impossible to train at high levels of intensity when the body is in a hypoglycemic state. you are short changing yourself but not consuming any carbs before your early am training sessions.

the problem is my time restraints. early mornings are the only time i can workout. i have to get up and go STRAIGHT to the gym in order to get a work out in and get back home in time to get ready for work.

if i eat anything and immediatly workout, it makes me sick. i don't have time to eat and then let it settle. what can i do?

also, i thought if you consumed carbs before working out, your body would use that as fuel instead of your fat stores.

also, i thought if you consumed carbs before working out, your body would use that as fuel instead of your fat stores.

In short, no. Also, as LAM said, the training intensity is important -- taking in some food allows you to train effectively.

What kind of cardio are you doing?

Get some gels and eat them while you train. They're disgusting but they're a fast way to get in some fast acting carbs.

to burn fat

the problem is my time restraints. early mornings are the only time i can workout. i have to get up and go STRAIGHT to the gym in order to get a work out in and get back home in time to get ready for work.

if i eat anything and immediatly workout, it makes me sick. i don't have time to eat and then let it settle. what can i do?

Make a shake and put some cyto-carb or something like that in it.

to burn fat

if i eat anything and immediately workout, it makes me sick. i don't have time to eat and then let it settle. what can i do?

if time is that short then you have to use simple sugars from various fruits and juices. high intensity training in a hypoglycemic state is really going to keep cortisol levels high for hours after the training session. since fruits all contain a variety of sugars there is always some glucose bases sugars that can hit the bloodstream pretty rapidly after consumption. you could even use some maltodextrin before training with no fears of spiking insulin as the onset of exercise prevents that from ever occurring.

Well, first train your stomach and body to workout after a short time from eatng (not less than 20-30 minutes ofcourse and it has to be a fast digested meal), because our lives are stressful, you don't always have the chance to get 2 hours before working out to eat and rest and watch tv before you go to th gym, for me when I workout AM I am too lazy and most of times I am late to prepare any food, so I drink a whey protein shake with milk and hit he gym, some times I also eat an apple, you can prepare some oats/milk/honey/protein powder an leave in the fridge till morning then eat immediately when u wake up, one of the best solutions too for me is to drink a whey shake with milk and honey and if nesaccary drink some orange juice, easy on the stomach and won't make you sick..

IML Gear Cream!
In short, no. Also, as LAM said, the training intensity is important -- taking in some food allows you to train effectively.

What kind of cardio are you doing?

all on the treadmill for 45 minutes. i change it up though.

one day, i will just walk (3.8mph) at varying inclines. flat, 4, 8, 12, back flat.

another day i will walk (3.8mph) for 3 min, then jog (6.2mph) for 2 min, walk 3, jog 2, etc.

then another day i will walk (3.8mph) for 2 min, then run (7.5mph) for 1 min, walk 2, run 1, etc.

if time is that short then you have to use simple sugars from various fruits and juices. high intensity training in a hypoglycemic state is really going to keep cortisol levels high for hours after the training session. since fruits all contain a variety of sugars there is always some glucose bases sugars that can hit the bloodstream pretty rapidly after consumption. you could even use some maltodextrin before training with no fears of spiking insulin as the onset of exercise prevents that from ever occurring.

how many carbs/sugar are we talking about? so i could maybe mix my bcaa's with fruit juice (grape)?

Well, first train your stomach and body to workout after a short time from eatng (not less than 20-30 minutes ofcourse and it has to be a fast digested meal), because our lives are stressful, you don't always have the chance to get 2 hours before working out to eat and rest and watch tv before you go to th gym, for me when I workout AM I am too lazy and most of times I am late to prepare any food, so I drink a whey protein shake with milk and hit he gym, some times I also eat an apple, you can prepare some oats/milk/honey/protein powder an leave in the fridge till morning then eat immediately when u wake up, one of the best solutions too for me is to drink a whey shake with milk and honey and if nesaccary drink some orange juice, easy on the stomach and won't make you sick..

dude, if i drank a shake with milk and 10 min later was running, i would puke.

Here is what I do:
Cardio (non workout day):
Pre: 10gm BCAA
Intra: 10gm BCAA

Workout (non cardio day):
Pre: 20gm maltodex, 20gm whey, 5gm BCAA
During: Gatorade, 15gm BCAA
Immediatley post: 40gm WMS, 20 gm whey
30 min later: oats, 20 gm whey
1.5-2 hours laters: 1.5 c rice, 8-10 oz chicken

Eat a banana and fill you belly with ephedrine

how about a piece of bread and mix my bcaa's with some grape juice?

the body always uses substrates from proteins (amino acids), carbohydrates (sugars) and fats (lipids) for energy. the only thing that changes are the ratios of each used depending on the bodies current energy demands and the availability of these nutrients. when the body is at rest and/or performing low intensity exercise free fatty acids (FFA's) are the primary energy source used by skeletal muscle. as the level of intensity in exercise increases the body can not longer metabolize FFA's in the muscle cell at a high enough rate to meet the bodies current energy demands so it will then utilize more glycogen to form ATP. energy derived from proteins/amino acids is always the lowest of the 3 macro groups as it takes the longest and is the most inefficient energy source in terms of moles of ATP created per molecule.

ok so back to exercise..you always want to exercise at the highest levels of intensity possible to constantly make progress in terms of strength, endurance, etc. basically each training session you want to perform more "work" than the last in the same amount of time. with cardio you want to run further; travel a greater distance, this forces the body to adapt. with resistance you want to lift more weight or perform more reps in the same amount of time as well, once again performing more work in the same amount of time, forcing the body to adapt. now since high intensity exercise depletes muscle glycogen stores this allows you to consume more carbs in the diet and allows the body to partition nutrients more efficiently after feeding. a person that trains at a low level of intensity doesn't deplete muscle glycogen stores so when they consume carbs in the diet it doesn't take much to replenish those stores increasing the potential for fat storage from spill over, excess glucose will be converted lipids and stored in the fat cell.

after the conclusion of high intensity exercise the body will attempt to restore itself to the pre-exercise state. this causes the body to intake more oxygen which in turn increases the rate of fatty acid oxidation, the metabolic rate increases. so the higher the level of intensity that a person can exercise at the longer it will take the body to restore itself to the pre-exercise state. This is commonly referred to as the excess postexercise oxygen consumption (EPOC) and lasts lasts for hours post-exercise.

* anyone that states that you want to target "fat" for energy during exercise doesn't know jack squat about how energy systems work in the body in the rested state or in response to exercise.

the body always uses substrates from proteins (amino acids), carbohydrates (sugars) and fats (lipids) for energy. the only thing that changes are the ratios of each used depending on the bodies current energy demands and the availability of these nutrients. when the body is at rest and/or performing low intensity exercise free fatty acids (FFA's) are the primary energy source used by skeletal muscle. as the level of intensity in exercise increases the body can not longer metabolize FFA's in the muscle cell at a high enough rate to meet the bodies current energy demands so it will then utilize more glycogen to form ATP. energy derived from proteins/amino acids is always the lowest of the 3 macro groups as it takes the longest and is the most inefficient energy source in terms of moles of ATP created per molecule.

ok so back to exercise..you always want to exercise at the highest levels of intensity possible to constantly make progress in terms of strength, endurance, etc. basically each training session you want to perform more "work" than the last in the same amount of time. with cardio you want to run further; travel a greater distance, this forces the body to adapt. with resistance you want to lift more weight or perform more reps in the same amount of time as well, once again performing more work in the same amount of time, forcing the body to adapt. now since high intensity exercise depletes muscle glycogen stores this allows you to consume more carbs in the diet and allows the body to partition nutrients more efficiently after feeding. a person that trains at a low level of intensity doesn't deplete muscle glycogen stores so when they consume carbs in the diet it doesn't take much to replenish those stores increasing the potential for fat storage from spill over, excess glucose will be converted lipids and stored in the fat cell.

after the conclusion of high intensity exercise the body will attempt to restore itself to the pre-exercise state. this causes the body to intake more oxygen which in turn increases the rate of fatty acid oxidation, the metabolic rate increases. so the higher the level of intensity that a person can exercise at the longer it will take the body to restore itself to the pre-exercise state. This is commonly referred to as the excess postexercise oxygen consumption (EPOC) and lasts lasts for hours post-exercise.

* anyone that states that you want to target "fat" for energy during exercise doesn't know jack squat about how energy systems work in the body in the rested state or in response to exercise.

NICE. thank you. so, how about a piece or two of bread and some grape juice with my bcaa's??

that will work, but try a variety of protocols to see that works best. it's tough to find stuff to eat and that agrees with you so early in the morning.

when I have to train early am and can't eat before I usually use 1 scoop whey/1/2 cup oatmeal/1 med banana & water for my pre-workout nutrition.

Should be a sticky ppl :kissu:

IML Gear Cream!
alright, i changed it up today.

preworkout:
- 15g's ibcaa in 4oz. grape juice
- 25g's whey in water
- 1 pc. white bread

i have to admit, i felt better (stronger) doring my workout. i only threw-up a little in my mouth twice (better than i expected).

postworkout:
- 5g's glutamine
- 50g's whey in skim milk
- 1 pc. white bread
- all my other supplements

tomorrow will be the true test (cardio day). if i can make it through that without puking with carbs and whey in my stomach, i'll be good to go.

Last edited:
Back