• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Catalyst

IML Gear Cream!
Alright - I am back! Took my test today - won't get the results back for a day or two, but the computer shut off at 75 questions (the least you can do) so things are looking good so far!

I did a refeed the night before my exam, and a free day all day today.....

Lifted today, to get rid of some of the tension:
deads - 3x5 - 135/185/185
Skull crushers - 3x5 - 70/80/80
Cable press downs - 3x5 - 150/150/150
Calf press 15/leg press10,5, 5/high foot placement press 10,5,5 - 335/425/425

An hour on the bike today.....abs
weighted crunches 3x10 - 110
Torso rotations - 3x10 - 130
Cable crunch - 3x20 - 90

Up two pounds due to carb refeed/free day....

Alright - I am back! Took my test today - won't get the results back for a day or two, but the computer shut off at 75 questions (the least you can do) so things are looking good so far!

I did a refeed the night before my exam, and a free day all day today.....

Lifted today, to get rid of some of the tension:
deads - 3x5 - 135/185/185
Skull crushers - 3x5 - 70/80/80
Cable press downs - 3x5 - 150/150/150
Calf press 15/leg press10,5, 5/high foot placement press 10,5,5 - 335/425/425

sounds like you did well on your test!!!:winkfinger:

computer said 75 questions Niki knows her stuff were done here!

You better have celebrated last night. :thumb:

Omerta - I celebrated by driving home from Tucson and lifting.....next weekend - after graduation - I plan on really celebrating.....looking forward to it.....

I won't know how I did until they post the damn results! Ack! This particular test is difficult to feel good about....am sure it is fine, but want to see it for myself in black and white!

45 minutes of cardio - 30bike/15 full incline treadmill....sauna cuz my abs are freakin' sore from yesterday!

On my way back down after carb loading - 204 today

Omerta - I celebrated by driving home from Tucson and lifting.....next weekend - after graduation - I plan on really celebrating.....looking forward to it.....

I won't know how I did until they post the damn results! Ack! This particular test is difficult to feel good about....am sure it is fine, but want to see it for myself in black and white!

45 minutes of cardio - 30bike/15 full incline treadmill....sauna cuz my abs are freakin' sore from yesterday!

On my way back down after carb loading - 204 today

I hear you on the test results.
The Florida Contractors license is harder to pass than the Bar exam in 32 states. Darn test is set up for 65-70% failure rate First and second time you take the test. The Good ole boys in FL don't want any Yankees getting licensed here!

I studied my butt off work, study, sleep, everyday of the week for 6 weeks prior, weekends too. Took a $1000.00 prep course. The test is 200 questions total, takes 2, 12 hour days to complete! and it is open book! The problem is ther are about 24 books!

After the first day you have 2 sections done,grading done but no results given untill the end. They grade your first section of day two in the AM. So If you want to wait around you can get your results after the last section you can. Believe me I was waiting around. Your results were given to you in a large envelope, The saying was if it is thin your in. If Not there was a bunch of paperwork telling you how to apply to take it again.
Mine was thin. I passed first time through. I have a BS from MSU and Builders license in Michigan. That test was the hardest thing I ever did!

Good luck on your exams!

Got ma letter!

I passed! Am official.

Am gonna lift tomorrow and wreck it at the gym!

Great news Niki on your test, and all of your dedication and perseverance. You have incredible drive seem to be a remarkable woman....

Way to own it, Niki!!! Hope your dreams become reality.

JB - that contractor's test sounds HORRIBLE! I am so glad mine didn't take that long...the NCLEX USED to be handwritten over three days.....good lord!

Thanks, guys for all of your support - it means so much to me, especially now. :kissu:

And Ravager thanks for stopping by and checking out my journal! I'm gonna have to come up with some new dreams and goals now....right after the graduation celebration. My parents are coming into town Thursday, and my mom is taking me shopping (ugh).....as apparently, I am not to be trusted picking something out for myself to wear....(she's probably, most likely right).

Last night's work out:
Squat - 3x5 - 135 - I am so weak! My legs were shaking by the third set....I USED to be able to squat 200lbs! aaaaaaaarrrrrrgh!
Good mornings - 3x5 - 135/95/95
Bicep cable curl - 3x8 - 80/100/110
Bicep curls db - 3x5 - 30/30/25
then home....

Today is cardio, probably an hour on bike/stairmaster.....

202 today! so close i can taste it.....erm, perhaps NOT the best analogy guys...

IML Gear Cream!
202, AND a newly-minted nurse! Nice work.

3 pounds to graduation goal, heh

30 min on the ol' bike, 20 on the treadmill......half full incline, the other half running - felt wrong NOT to run today.....heh

thanks for the encouragement you guys!

Sorry for the absence, folks.....doing a 'water manipulation' per Built's input....am very sloshy.......did a two day, full body, glycogen depletion workout......cardio today, cardio tomorrow - and then lift - if I get the all clear from built

I went up to 205 with the increase in water/salt consumption....hovering around 202/203 now....ugh....why am I NOT losing? hopefully, the water increase is just 'hiding' it...

You weren't meant to increase your salt consumption - I just said don't decrease it. Salt normally.

Once you lose the water you'll be all set.

Have a good weekend.

Alright - I've been a busy girl, but today I FINALLY made it under and weighed in at 199. YEESH that took longer than I expected! Grrrrrr.

I will be finishing my second week of BGB tomorrow - and my lifts have decreased substantially since finishing the PSMF. I had a carb refeed before starting, and then went back to eating the way I did before the PSMF - ie, 12-1500calories, but have pushed protein to 200 (up from 150) and fats are down from 100 to anywhere from 50-70. Carbs are as low as i can take them with my protein shakes containing a couple per scoop, and consuming some veggies every day....

Am hoping to see continued decreases. It feels GREAT to be lifting again!

Oh, and am spending all MY time applying for jobs - have three interviews tomorrow....and have been dating as well! ;)

IML Gear Cream!
Gongrats < 200 pounds It has been exciting to watch your progress, and Nursing testing. My wife has been a nurse for about 20 years

Now you just need a job! best wishes on your job search!

And dating too !

Thanks! Everyone's encouragement has meant so very much to me on this journey. I've kind of got a lot going on right now with finding a job and my kids, etc, and I've not been as faithful with posting here.....I am still going to the gym, however!

I haven't noticed a difference on the scale, but I'm still losing inches, and my clothes are looser. Its annoying, how quickly I'm changing sizes, but what a nice thing to be annoyed about!

Today, I start my third cycle of BGB, and this last one I saw some decent gains in my lifts, especially after being so disappointed that first week about how much strength I lost! I was able to do four sets of deads yesterday at 5x185, and pretty much all my lifts are close to where they were before the PSMF. I will finish this week, watch what the scale/measurements say and then modify from there.

Day Four
Deads - 5x135, 4(5x185)
Skull Crushers - 5x60, 4(5x70)
Good Mornings - 8x95, 8x115, 8x135
Lunges - 4x30 with wall squats inbetween sets.

Okay....been neglectful...but I've been WORKING! It is so great! I am still doing baby got back.....on my fourth cycle...am eating around 1300-1500 calories.....200g protein, less than 25g carbs unless I do a refeed day (once a week, cuz I'm dragging ass by then), and then around 50-70g fat.....

My lifts are respectable seeing upward trends in upper body, arms, core.....legs are down a bit - probably due to muscle loss during PSMF....Thing is I am STUCK solid at 197....measurements are going down, but weight won't budge. been a few weeks now....

I rationalize that bgb is rebuilding some muscle.....I hope....arrgh. So sick of plateaus. Not that I would give up - am in this forever and never going back....I just want this last 50lbs to melt already!

I hear you, I have been stuck @ 232 for about a 6 weeks but still gettng comp changes. keep an eye on the measurements! Don't worry about the "weight" is is all about losing the fat. Glad to heat you are workin too!

Glad to hear from you!
Jag

OMG!!!!!!!

I did 5x5 of assisted chins!!!! I've only ever done negatives before......I went ahead and tried it, and it was EASY!!!! Holy crap.....I am so excited! I'm gonna try a real chin up next week...only my toe tips were touching today -- and i was only really straining on my last couple of reps on my last set!!!

Wooohooo!

Just in case the significance escapes some readers: I couldn't do a REAL chin up at 125 lbs my freshman year in highschool.....lol not even a one.....

Just in case the significance escapes some readers: I couldn't do a REAL chin up at 125 lbs my freshman year in highschool.....lol not even a one.....

Awesome Niki! I remember when I could do chins again! I still havn't tried them this go round. The scale let go today for me! 229.5

That's great, JB! Awesome feeling, I know......congratulations on the lower numbers.....I'm jealous!

Day Four went well - did three sets of 225 on deads, so am slowly coming back up again......also managed four sets of 70 and one set of 80 on skull crushers, my good mornings at 135, and 120 lunges, with wall squats in between.....did cable press downs at 150......

I'm feeling good about the numbers, and getting my highs again - waiting for that scale to give it up!

That's great, JB! Awesome feeling, I know......congratulations on the lower numbers.....I'm jealous!

Day Four went well - did three sets of 225 on deads, so am slowly coming back up again......also managed four sets of 70 and one set of 80 on skull crushers, my good mornings at 135, and 120 lunges, with wall squats in between.....did cable press downs at 150......

I'm feeling good about the numbers, and getting my highs again - waiting for that scale to give it up!

Nice worout. My darn scale went up to its happy place 232. BUT the Bio read the lowest body fat and highest hydration levels to date. . That means less fat more muscle.

it will stay below 230 soon darn thing!

Nice numbers good to see them climbing again.

How is work going?

Back