• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Chin-Up Routine

ballast

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Just started a hypertrophy phase, and decided to use a chin-up routine that has been popularized by strength coach Charles Poliquin.It is an interesting routine and I thought some of you might like to give it a try.This is one variation of what he calls "The Gymnast's Extended-Set Back Routine".Here it is, minus the tempo reccomendations:
1.Wide-Grip Pronated Chins 4-6 RM (use extra weight if strong enough)
2.Rest 10 seconds*
3.Narrow-Grip Pronated Chins as many reps as possible
4.Rest 10 seconds*
5.Shoulder Width-Grip Supinated Chins as many reps as possible
6.Rest 2 minutes
7.Repeat steps 1-6 twice

*When I do this routine, I find 30 seconds rest works better for me.
Another variation is an extension of the above:
6.Rest 10 seconds
7.Close-Grip Supinated Chins as many reps as possible
8.Rest 2 minutes
9.Repeat steps 1-8 twice
Like I said, I just thought some of you might find this routine interesting.

------------------
"My dad was a drunk,a gambler and a womanizer.I worshipped him!"

Hypertrophy is increasing muscle mass.
I am doing this pull-up routine and it seems like my traps are getting the most results. I know after the first session of this I was sore as hell.
I use to only do wide grip pullups, with great results in my back development.

------------------
GO SKINS !!!

I did that routine a few months back. It sure "Felt" like it worked great, but the actual transfer into hypertrophy was small. I did in fact increase my pull up endurance (by 2-3 reps, as i recall) but it didn't do much for size.

Just my experience with it.

------------------
Complex problems have simple, easy to understand, wrong answers.

What do you reckon are the best excercises for bulking up my lats, also should i use low or high reps to do this, thanks, ac

ac-you are the only one who can answer that question due to the fact that everyone is different and what works for somebody else may not work for you.
As for reps, you should incorporate both high and low reps as they stimulate different muscle fiber types.
I focus all my lat work around variations of chin-ups, as I have found them to be most beneficial for me.I will include dumbell rows on occasion, but my primary lat exercise in any routine will always be some form of chin-up.

------------------
"My dad was a drunk,a gambler and a womanizer.I worshipped him!"

cheers,
I'll start workin on my chin ups more. At the moment i can only do about 4 slow chin ups so theres definately room for improvement.

Hey,

I was doing chin-ups for a couple months, but then one time my after I finished I got the worst headache. Actually, it happened twice (the next day).

I got a really bad headache immediately after doing the chin-ups.

I haven???t done them since. Does anyone know why I got the headache?

Foodio

IML Gear Cream!
Hey,

I do hold my breath at times. It's a possibility.

Foodio

Well that's the culprit. As a general guideline you should exhale during the lifting and inhale during the lowering.

------------------
Complex problems have simple, easy to understand, wrong answers.

Back