• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Do you believe someone could build a nice physique only doing freeweight exercises?

god hand

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
By nice physique I dont mean Ronnie Coleman.:rolleyes: I'm talkin about someone bewteen 185-205 that did nothing but pushups, pullups, etc.

depends on your body and genetics. I knew a kid in high school that did only movements using his own body weight and was thick and lean. The first time he ever benched a weight in his life he was doing 265lbs. He was short and stocky in build. From the looks of him its obvious that he was genetically gifted.

I guess the best answer is try it and see what happens. What works for others may not work for you.

It's possible to have a nice physique using other ways of resistance as well. My dad knew someone who had a very nice build and who was extremely strong. The only resistance he used was a towel. He'd hold it in one hand and push with the other, then pull, then switch his grip, then do something else, etc.. Not really isometrics because he was pretty free to move, but similar in theory.

When I read the thread title I was going to say 'Weightlifters' but then I saw your second post and that ruined my fun.

Yes, I do think it's possible. Between pullups, body rows, pushups, handstand pushups, squats, reverse hyperextensions, GHRs, situps, unilateral variations of these movements, etc. a good physique is definitely attainable. Plyometrics and sprinting would also be a valuable addition to this arsenal.

god hand said:
By nice physique I dont mean Ronnie Coleman.:rolleyes: I'm talkin about someone bewteen 185-205 that did nothing but pushups, pullups, etc.

So you mean bodyweight, not free-weight.

Depending on the person, yes. I've seen people with nice physiques who did NOTHING. Last meso-type person I worked with was 205 at 5'8" and he did nothing at all.

god hand said:

With good genetics, yes...

IML Gear Cream!
You don't need good genetics. You just need knowledge and dedication.

Squaggleboggin said:
You don't need good genetics. You just need knowledge and dedication.

:laugh:
I guess we have different standards...

Last edited:
Actually I'm using the standards in post #1. He said a nice physique, not something like Ronnie Coleman, etc. - to me this means a lean, muscular look, not some freak with huge biceps.

Gymnasts do pretty much only bodyweight routines....their legs are usually pretty small but their musculature is pretty dense looking.

Squaggleboggin said:
Actually I'm using the standards in post #1. He said a nice physique, not something like Ronnie Coleman, etc. - to me this means a lean, muscular look, not some freak with huge biceps.

Like I said. Different standards... Besides to do so with just push-ups, pull-ups, etc. is going to take decent genetics IMO. Knowledge never hurt either...

Back