• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

does running really matter

blond bomber

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i know that many people feel that running a few times a week destroys a bulk-up. I would probably side with these people too if it weren't for off-season basketball.

I'm just thinking that maybe its alright to run a couple miles a couple of days a week intensely provided that following the workout you load up on tons of calories to replenish the body.

My question is - Would you really do harm to a bulk-up if you replaced every last calorie you burned off running by eating?

Thanks.

If you were trying put on some size... I would honestly stop all cardiovascular excerise. If you feel the need to run, do 5 - 50 yard sprints... Helps boost hGH :wave2: And I'm sure it isn't going to have as much negative effects on your bulk as a 2 mile run would.

i feel you man, i have this need to run even during a bulk, when im bulking i do still run at 5 mph for about 10 minutes not more mabe or UP TO 3 times a week not more at all.....because if i stop all cardiovascular training while im on a bulk im gona be pretty damn out of breath when i start cuting again because....i stope all running for about 2-3 month once and when i returned to a cut i was out of breath after 3 minutes of running.....that was pretty bad, so i dont know man do what you need to do, and good luck i was nust telling you my opinion....but of course prince and polouffe and all the other people here have their opinions, and i also do agree that when on a bulk it is going to damage you if you runn but i still do it......................

IMO do not stop aerobics. by stopping them you are derpiving yourself of that window of opportunity for nutrient absorption. esp. good for those with 3 or 4 days splits, in that you never have a day without a pwo shake.

just keep it moderate, and short. say 15 mins a day.

Originally posted by Prince
It's not so much about replenishing all of the burned calories as it is the muscle catabolism that will occur during long distance running.

That's why I like HIIT cardio. My metabolism still improves, and my heart and respiratory systems still get worked without excessive catabolism.

If it is your offseason for basketball then there is no way around it....you are going to need to run!

Instead of distance running (which you should do some of to keep your endurance up so that you can last through a whole game) you should be working on your sprints and explosivness, especially for jumping.

Thanks. I guess it just bugs me -- the conflicts that result from trying to get huge and play high school basketball.

Originally posted by blond bomber
Thanks. I guess it just bugs me -- the conflicts that result from trying to get huge and play high school basketball.

I feel your pain. Although I don't play sports right now, I really enjoy doing cardio. I would still like to do a 5 mile jog once or twice a week. It just isn't feasible while I'm trying to get bigger.

Back