• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Elevated Liver Enzymes

IML Gear Cream!
Hepatitis means 'inflammation of the liver'. It is that most of the usual causes are viral.

Autoimmune hepatitis is not an STD. It would be your own immune system attacking your liver.

You could, theoretically, contract Hep B from kissing (if you has small microfissures-brushing teeth in your mouth) the sucker is that virulent. Seriously, it is scarier than AIDS IMHO.

You haven't had sex in a long time then? ANY sexual contact?

No:(

I do find it interesting that people think they would 'know' if they had something cause they don't sleep with 'dirty' people. I am not saying this is you, but it is common.

It is, more than likely, the drug you were taking. Do you know the clearance time for it?

I was taking minocycline, I have no idea about something like a clearance time for it, all I know about it is its purpose. I had been off of it for 3 weeks before my blood test though, I would think that would be plenty.

When are you getting tested again?

Probably within a month.

Did you have any other blood work done? A CBC/FBC? U/E? or Urea and BUN I think they call it in the US

No idea what half of those stand for so I will just say that I had a general metabolic and liver function blood test.

x
x
x

T

From pathology textbook:

Drugs may cause damage to hepatocytes, indistinguishable from viral hepatitis, cholestasis by affecting bile production or excretion or other liver dysfunction.

The mechanism of drug-induced damage include direct toxicity to cells, the conversion of the drug to a toxic metabolite and a drug-induced autoimmumne reaction.

Drug-induced autoimmunity usually occurs when the drug or one of its metabolites acts as a hapten (a small molecule that is not immunongenic on its own, but which can bind to another molecule and produce an immune response).

A careful drug history should be taken from anyone with signs and symptoms of liver disease, including drugs taken many months before as there may be a long delay between the administration of the drug and signs of any injury becoming apparent.

Did you tell your doctor about ALL your supplements?

What type of fish oil capsules? Some from liver have high levels of mercury contaminants, which could also insult the liver.......................

Where is your ginseng from? A number of Chinese medicines in the UK have found to be contaminated with other substances. For example, Ma Huang (Ephedra) was contaminated with fenfluramine, resulting in heart valve defects and permanently elevated blood pressure in a few patients......

x
x
x

T

Last edited:
He knew about all of them, and I did stop taking all of them minus one (the fish oil) so maybe I should take a break on that and try to get n3s from a difference source for a month or two and see if that helps.

The fish oil I was just buying from stop and shop, so the exact brand I have no idea honestly - I can find that out this weekend when I go there to take a look (my last bottle is finished and thrown out). Same deal with the ginseng, though I don't think I'm going to take ginseng anymore period. I was also taking 1 centrum multivitamin per day, which has also been stopped for the past month.

I guess the only variable left really is the fish oil, unless this is a remnant of past medicine/supplements.

Flaxseed pills perhaps?

Back