• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Endometriosis as a Figure Athlete

IML Gear Cream!
Hey THANKS Stacey !!!!

I'll be posting for a LONG time;)

Inspirational Reading

Carolyn Levett

Dec 2003

Here is a brief account of my own story ????????????????????????

The content and final outcome of my own story is a stark contrast from that of so many women around the world who suffer from this devastating disease.

The content differs because I did not go through the rounds of drugs, tests, operations, false hopes, mis-guided information, more drugs, more pain, worsening symptoms ???.. need I go on; because so many of you know and experience this scenario - year in year out. It is utterly heart breaking.

The outcome of my story was based totally upon my absolute focus and conviction to get well, to get rid of Endometriosis, to banish this disease from my life. And I did. I took the slow, steady, gently, and natural way using alternative therapies and LOTS of positive thinking. And the final outcome ?????? I did beat Endometriosis, and it never returned. It is nearly 10 years ago that I was given proof that I had beaten endo, by a visual inspection of my internal organs, with a laparoscopy, and the gyne said there was NO active endometriosis and that it had all dried up.

The reason for my second laparoscopy was based purely on a very strong intuitive feeling of the need to be checked internally. I felt something was amiss but I had no idea what, and I had no symptoms. In fact I was fitter than I had been in many years. During the operation one cyst was found on my ovary and treated, but like I said, all the other cysts and signs of Endometriosis had simply dried up.

My homeopath told me that this last cyst was the last physical evidence, the final manifestation of the disease. It was as though all the toxic debris and residue of endo had been moped up into one place, ready for the final treatment. My intuition to get checked internally despite feeling really fit and well, was so strong and would not go away. I tried to ignore it, knowing how fit I felt, but in the end my intuition was screaming at me.

I had worked with my homeopath for 4 years and together we went through ???layers??? of healing, finally getting to the root causes of my ill health and Endometriosis. The disease was finally laid to rest with the support of homeopathic remedies and many steps I took to help myself. The final cyst on my ovary was the last ???process??? in my healing, strange as that may sound. This cyst made my intuition kick in, which enabled me to get this last physical evidence cleared up once and for all.

Therefore, it wasn???t simply a case of ???feeling better??? because my symptoms had subsided, and mine was not a case of simply going into remission, which is the term the medical profession would prefer to call it. I know at a gut level that I was healed. Totally healed.

When I had my first diagnostic laparoscopy, my gyne told me that I had the worst case of Endometriosis she had ever seen - so it is not as though my healing was easier or simpler or quicker because I had a mild case of Endo. No, quite the opposite. I had cysts all over my abdominal cavity and was advised to a have a total hysterectomy.

I have been reading so many desperate stories of women whose lives have been totally devastated by this disease. One woman had actually been omitted into hospital over 100 times. Women are cancelling entire chunks of their lives because of this disease. Many women are opting for a total hysterectomy in a last ditch attempt to gain relief from this disease. Millions of women are in despair of gaining any relief from the pain and agony associated with endo, never mind hoping to be cured or healed.

Which is why I am giving a brief insight into my own story - to give women hope and to spread the word that a ???cure???, healing, remission, whatever you want to call it, can and does happen. There may be a few successes for women who choose conventional drugs and surgery to treat their endometriosis, but they are few and far between. The best successes are for those women who use natural and alternative treatments.

This is because using natural therapies are natural, and they enable your own body to do the healing by using your immune system to full force. Alternative therapies help you do this by strengthening your immune system. There is not one alternative therapy that does the healing for you - what they all do, without exception, is to help you to heal yourself. Ask any alternative health practitioner, and they will confirm this statement.

It does not matter if you use Homeopathy, Herbalism, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Acupuncture or whatever - they all work to the same basic ???principle???; that healing comes from within, and any alternative therapy helps the patient to help themselves.

Deciding which alternative therapy to use is down to personal choice with a mixture of finding a practitioner you ???click with???, combined with a therapy that suits you. For example, if you do not like needles then Acupuncture will not be for you; if you do not like taking strong tasting concoctions, then Herbalism may not be for you. Go for the therapy which ???feels??? right for you, and it will be right for you.

The other reason why alternative therapies are superior to aid healing is because they are permanent, not temporary, as in the case of drug treatment. As soon as drug treatment is stopped then the symptoms of endo come rushing back with vengeance.

I do read stories of women who have tried different alternative therapies and have felt let down. They have only felt limited benefit from the therapy they have chosen. In every story I have read of women who have ???tried??? one of the alternative therapies, and have not had total success, the limiting factor has been the time span. These women have not given the therapy a chance to work. They may have only tried a regime of homeopathy or herbalism or whatever, for a few months and then given up because they were not seeing significant improvements.

My own time scale with a homeopath was 4 years - not 4 months. I was committed and determined, and my homeopath forewarned me it could take a long time to get well. But I felt that the ultimate long term benefit of total healing was far better than temporary respite. Therefore, my advice is to see any treatment using alternative therapy for endometrisios as long term (but not permanent).

People are so used to the idea of a quick fix for things in life, especially with modern medicine. We are all so impatient. But if your body has taken years to become dis-eased then it will take a long time to repair the damage and get the body back into equilibrium and balance.

This has been more of a positive health and healing story rather then my own personal story of healing. The aim of my communication here is to provide hope that there are other possibilities to gain healing of Endometriosis. Evidence is mounting that it is possible, by the growing numbers of women who have achieved it.

The medical profession is not the ???be all, and end all??? of health care for the human body. The medical profession is a relatively new phenomenon in the time scale of human society. Throughout history we have used herbs, healing, and essential oils. The practise of acupuncture goes back centuries; massage combined with oils goes way back in history.

Modern medicine is driven by pharmaceutical companies. There are very few doctors who develop new treatments for any of today???s illnesses and diseases. It is the drugs companies who develop new treatments in the form of new drugs. And guess what, that means more profits! I admit that there have been some wonderful developments in the field of medical surgery with the use of clever, and less invasive surgical techniques, like laser surgery and fibre optics, and many lives have been saved.

But when it comes to treating and healing diseases then modern medicine goes in with a sledge hammer, and does more harm than good. There are the dangers of side effects, some of which are permanent and very damaging to the body.

Your body chemistry is very delicate and the most delicate chemical system is the hormone system. We all know that endometriosis is fed and activated by hormones. In the human body, it takes only microscopic amounts of any given hormone to have a powerful and cascading effect in the body. These hormones are very potent, and yet the very treatment being offered for Endometriosis by modern medicine is synthetic hormonal drugs, which will obviously throw the body into disarray and upset a finely tuned orchestra of natural chemicals in the body.

Please be kind to your body. Healing yourself is simply a matter of being committed. A total commitment to change the way you are doing things. Do not leave it up to others; take control of your own health. I did, because after I heard my treatment options from the gyne, and compared that to the treatment potential using natural therapies, I knew I had no choice.

L.O.T.S OF INFORMATION (Your immune system, Candida and Endo)

Endometriosis and : Nutrition/Thyroid/Anti Candida/Osteoporosis/Trans Fatty Acids/Dioxins/HRT

NUTRITION

Adapted from :
Endometriosis : A key to Healing Through Nutrition - Dian Shepperson Mills MA & Michael Vernon PhD HCLD Sugar Busters : Dr Sam Andrews, Dr Morrison C Bethea, Dr Luis A Balart, H Leighton Steward

Digestion affects the reproductive system and how the changes in western diet over the last few hundred years has affected us in the rise of refined foods which are high in calories, but low in nutrition. Patterns of healthily eating have changed as our diet has drastically altered over the last 50 years and our bodies have not adapted to the changes.

There are immune system links related to the foods we eat. In nature oil molecules are shaped like a horseshoe. which fits with other bits to form a strong cell membrane to protect what is going on inside. This stops harmful chemicals entering and damaging the cells i.e. like what happens in endometriosis and breast cancers. These oils are crucial to health, i.e. extra virgin cold pressed olive oils, organic butter, vegetable oils such as sunflower, safflower and sesame which are labeled unrefined, unhydrogenated or cold pressed. Fresh nuts and seeds are also a good source of these CIS fatty acids. They aid metabolism in moderation and do not make you fat. Tans fatty acids from processed oils and foods don't form the horseshoe shape and therefore do not protect the cell, high trans fatty acids in body cells have a higher risk of breast cancer. They weaken the cells so that they cannot stop harmful chemicals entering the cell.

Heat changes cis oils into trans oils, so deep frying is not advised, and don't use the same oil twice for frying. Evening primrose and starflower oil in cheap packages and not cold pressed are almost as good as taking nothing, they have to be cold pressed to do any good.

"Nutrition is not an alternative approach like herbal medicine or homeopathy. It is essential to life. Eating is something we do every day. It sustains us and keeps us healthy, or it can make us unhealthy" "Nutrition is certainly very low on the list of doctors priorities, many of whom may have had only a few hours of lessons in nutrition and do not understand how nutrients can relate to body biochemistry. It is a rare doctor who shows any interest in your food intake".

" For example, the mucous membrane which lines the digestive tract is renewed rapidly every 72 hours, New tissue can be formed very quickly on damaged organs, given the right blocks of life".

Immune System Danger
Fluoride - Breaks off a portion of the Y shaped antibody, breaking the antibody in two and making it ineffective, causing immune system weakness and reproductive problems. This includes avoiding certain toothpaste's, mouth rinses, medications, aerosols, pesticides, herbicide, foods processed with fluoridated water, shampoo, deodorants etc. Look for those that are fluoride free.

Immune System Supplements
Selenium (yeast free)
Vitamins A C E
Echinacea (three week blocks only)
Coenzyme Q10
Zinc
Magnesium
B complex vitamins

Food Intolerances
"Some foods i.e. wheat and milk may be a problem if they are not digested correctly. The body becomes intolerant if large molecules pass through the mucosal barrier. Some of our white blood cells are thought to have a memory of three months, so avoiding a problem food for three months may solve the problem and then you can start to re-introduce the food gradually."

Why do food intolerances arise?
- Gut membrane is compromised by irritants as excess gluten from wheat, food additives, pesticides, drugs or filaments from yeast overgrowth. The protective mucous membrane is breached.
- Gut flora becomes imbalanced by onslaught of antibiotics or hormonal preparations.

Factors Influencing Nutrient Intake
Fresh healthy food is not much good if the digestive tract is not working properly.

For Healthy digestion
- time for food to be processed in the digestive tract
- liver function tests
- healthy gut flora
- fibre to excrete toxins and waste products

Constipation is triggered by wheat, eggs, bananas or dairy foods.

Some families are atopic, i.e. history of illnesses such as asthma, eczema, hay fever and arthritis. Most common food intolerances are cows milk products, (cheese, butter, yoghurt, cream), food preservatives and colourings, wheat (cakes, biscuits, pastries, pastas), chocolate, eggs, citrus fruits, and foods containing salicylates (e.g. apples, cherries, grapes, peaches, aubergine, broccoli, tea and coffee)

Natrual and Environmental Oestrogens
"Made from cholesterol in the ovaries, testes and adrenal glands in response to signals from the pituitary. They can also be made by every fat cell in the body, from where they are secreted into the blood and carried to the cells of the breasts and reproductive organs." Oestrogen's are responsible for cell growth in the breast, uterus, bone, liver and cardiovascular system. Some environmental synthetic chemicals such as pesticides, insecticides, and herbicides appear to mimic the role of oestrogen's in the body.

Control of oestrogen is a nutritional process which is disturbed by too much sugar, too little protein and incapacitated by lack of vitamin B complex. You can control oestrogen through diet and gentle exercise.

Dietary fibre increases secretion of excess oestrogen's from the body. The western diet rich in animal and trans fats elevates the levels of sex hormones produced in the body. Fats and fat cells store oestrogenic pesticides and cause a build up of free radicals, which can damage cell membranes, so a low fat diet is advisable. Avoiding bad saturated animal fats and trans oils, and eating mainly the good cold pressed cis oils is vital to health.

To aid excretion of oestrogen's.
- Unrefined wholegrain cereals, nuts, seeds, berries, and the pulse/legume vegetables (peas, beans and lentils). Fibre binds the oestrogen's and inhibits their reabsorption. Some fibres such as the lignins found in rye, other grains and seeds are changed by gut flora to form anti-oestrogenic compounds enterolactone and enterodiol, which are protective against cancers. Good quality fibre encourages a hormone known as serum hormone binding globulin (SHBG) which can be used as a marker for steroid hormone abnormalities. While the oestrogen is bound to the SHBG, it cannot exert any biological effect within the body. If the diet is low in fibre, the oestrogen's can have a biological effect.
- At least four vegetables, two fruits and a handful of nuts and seeds should be eaten each day with some wholegrain cereal. This speeds up the transit time of the food through the digestive tract. The best vegetables are all rich in vitamin B complex i.e. brussels, broccoli, cauliflower, kale, turnip, swede, radish, horseradish, mustard and cress. These speed up the body's degradation system, oestrogen is metabolised and ultimately excreted from the body.
- Other protective factors may be phyto oestrogen's from soya and high natural selenium in foods. Eating green leafy vegetables, a little soya protein and selenium rich seafoods helps the body protect itself.

Oestradiol causes tissue proliferation and uncontrolled levels of oestrogen. If the body goes into oestrogen dominance, it has been indicated for contributing to the serious problem of endometriosis and breast cancers. When this oestradiol form of oestrogen reaches the liver, enzymes which use B vitamins as co-factors, change this sex hormone to the less harmful oestriol. A healthy liver with plentiful supply of B vitamins can degrade oestradiol into oestriol which is important for optimum well-being. If the sum of Oestrone and oestradiol is greater than the oestriol in a 24 hr urine sample, women may be at greater risk of illness related to oestrogen excess. Your doctor can check levels with simple blood or saliva test.

Oestiol is the form in which oestrogen can be bound to fibre and excreted. Eating fish can be beneficial. Rich fish oils i.e. herring, mackerel, sardines, pilchards, salmon, trout, tuna has been shown to help women suffering from high circulating oestrogen levels. The fish must be from a clean source, low in pesticides.

- Xeno Oestrogen's - Those which our bodies metabolise from pesticides.
- Dioxins, PCB - Bad news - Even plastic wrappings leak into the food we eat daily.
- DES - used to prevent spontaneous abortion in pregnancy in the 60's and 70's
These mimic oestrogen and synthetic oestrogen's are soluble in ALL fats and oils so they can cross cell membranes into the nucleus and activate or repress gene expression. The body can alter these chemicals, possibly to even more potent forms in the body.

What contains dioxins in food
- Eating higher up the food chain - i.e. the fats in meat and dairy food contain the highest levels of dioxins so keep intake very low.
- Polluted lakes and rivers where fish are caught.
- Fruits and vegetables sprayed. Dioxins are even on the skins of organic vegetables. ALL fruits and vegetables MUST be peeled to remove the chemicals, washing does not work.
- Processed foods - i.e. cakes and biscuits contain contaminated fats so should be kept to a bare minimum. More control is available over pure ingredients cooked at home.
- Water from unpurified sources.
These alter the way genes are expressed.

What to Eat?
Easy - the freshest food available. Fresh fruits, vegetables, beans, peas, lentils, nuts and seeds and organic dairy foods. Organic meat which is hormone and antibiotic free and deep-sea fish. Cook from fresh often, avoid additives and flavour enhancers and preservative unless natural ones like vinegar and vitamin C. The soil association provides lists of suppliers who can deliver organic vegetables daily. 86 Colston St, Bristol BS1 5BB. Ideally, grow your own. Peel, scrubbing is not effective.

"Potatoes are for pigs and corn is for cattle". There is some truth in this saying of the French. They fatten animals just as they fatten us. Potatoes, beets, carrots and many other root vegetables are simply starch, a storage form of glucose. Once inside our digestive tracts, they are quickly converted to pure sugar. Their absorption is rapid, and the resulting insulin response is very significant. How many of us, for the sake of dieting, have not eaten a tender, juicy steak but instead have eaten a baked potato with all the fixings. If we scooped out a baked potato and filled the skin with sugar, would you eat it? That is what you do when you eat a baked potato, because it is quickly converted to sugar in your stomach.

Stock up with useful items i.e. balanced mineral salt, black pepper, spices and herbs. For wheat free, get rye crispbreads,, 100% rye bread, rye pasta, oatcakes, porridge oats, corn tortilla and tacos, corn pasta, rice pasta, lentil pasta, buckwheat pancakes, ricecakes, brown rice, millet, millet flakes, (pastry made from brown rice flour, ground almonds and marg in equal proportions)

Unflavoured crisps in moderation. Potato based pizza if you have to. Tuna, salmon, beans vegetable soups and tomatoes in tins. Sugar free jams, organic rice and corncrisps., yeast free vegetable stock powder. For dairy free - soya milks, rice dream or oat milks, soft soya cheeses, vegetable pates (carrot, mushroom, chestnut) or nut butters or black olive paste. Tofu, nut milks, soya yoghurt, ewes or goats milk and yoghurts, hummus, avocados and egg pate, tuna mackerel or crab pate.

Organic fruit and nut bars, dried apricots and carob bars for snacks. Nuts, seeds or sesame sticks. Wheat free museli. Tofutti.

Rules
- Eat two fresh fruits and four fresh vegetables daily, but preferably raw.
- Eat wholegrain cereals and unrefined foods.
- Drink at least a litre of fresh water daily.
- Use only cold pressed vegetable oils.
- Half your diet should consist of alkaline forming foods - i.e. vegetables, fruits, sprouted seeds, live yoghurt, almonds, brazil nuts and buckwheat. The other half should be acid forming i.e. grains, pulses, nuts, seeds, eggs, cheese, fish and poultry.
- Reduce sugar intake. - I.e. refined sugars. Causes fluid retention and stops other nutrients being absorbed.
- Avoid excess salt intake. Around 3g per day.
- Cut down tea, coffee, alcohol and tobacco.
- Avoid excess fatty foods e.g. beef, lamb and pork. Red meat supplies the pro-inflammatory series 2 prostaglandin's, so should be eaten in moderation. Game is often less fatty. Use white meat and fish. Avoid fried foods, and grill or bake instead. Steam vegetables. No dairy foods in excess. Balance dairy with lots of green leafy vegetables.
- Exercise gently regularly.
- Eat a high fibre diet. Wholegrain cereals,, nuts, seeds or fruits and vegetables, 30G (1oz) per day.
- Candida Albicans - If you suspect its grown, remove yeast for 2 - 3 months, refined sugars, wheat, fermented foods, dried fruits and dairy foods. The anti yeast foods which should be used frequently are garlic, onions, cabbage, broccoli, brussels, kale, watercress, mustard cress, cauliflower, turnips, cinnamon, olive oil, aloe vera juice and pau darco tea.

THYROID

The Role of the Thyroid

FROM : Endometriosis - A Key to Healing through Nutrition - Dian Shepperson Mills MA and Michael Vernon PhD HCLD

" The thyroid gland and its hormonal products play a vital role in our overall well-being. The major hormone produced by the thyroid is thyroxine, which is the hormone that controls the basal metabolic activity of the body. Thyroxine speeds up most of the metabolic reactions that take place in the cells of the body. "

" Thyroxine works with the other hormones of the body to enhance their biological actions."

"Oestrogen is an antagonistic hormone to thyroxine, so if we have oestrogen dominance, then thyroxine levels may also be low."

"When a person has low levels of thyroxine (hypothyroidism), the body slows up. An individual with hypothyroidism feels cold and becomes sluggish. But more important to our discussions in this book, hypothyroidism leads to infertility. Women with hypothyroidism nay not menstruate." " A normal menstrual cycle is dependent upon the presence of a properly functioning thyroid.

The thyroid gland also produces T3 (triidothyrine) and T4 (thyroxine). These hormones have to be finely balanced as imbalances can lead to abnormal heartbeats, hyperactivity and irritability. Very high levels can lead to hyperthyroid weight loss, low levels can lead to hypothyroid weight gain.".

"The pituitary gland produces thyroid - stimulating hormone (TSH). If the level of TSH is found to be normal when tested, the patient will not be suffering from hypothyroidism. The level of TSH will change before thyroid hormone levels fall and if you suspect you suffer from a sluggish thyroid, check with your GOP and ask for tests on T3, T4, TSH and antibodies to the thyroid. It is very important for women with endometriosis that all four tests are done, not just the first two. "

ANTI CANDIDA

FROM : Endometriosis - A Key to Healing through Nutrition - Dian Shepperson Mills MA and Michael Vernon PhD HCLD

"Candida albicans is a one celled yeast. We all have this yeast within our digestive tract, normally living in harmony with us. Only when it grows out of proportion can it become a problem. Symptoms from disrupted intestinal flora can include constipation and diarrhoea, or both; headaches: chronic fatigue; depression; dizziness; bloating; poor concentration; vaginal irritation; sugar and bread cravings; mood swings; PMS; digestive problems; and blurred vision. If you are experiencing these symptoms this may be an area to explore.

Three things can play havoc with the delicate balance of the intestinal flora, weakening the immune system so that it is less able to cope with yeast overgrowth;

1 A diet high in saturated and trans fats and refined sugars.

2 Prolonged use of antibiotics, the contraceptive pill and HRT, or exposure to toxic substances.

3 Prolonged stress."

(are you starting to see a connection here, immune system, endo is also probably related to that, trans fats and refined sugars, pill and HRT hormones, dioxins, stress caused by having endo)

"Candida albicans is a very aggressive yeast and if it sees a space for growth, it will proliferate. It can change from a one-celled yeast into a 'hyphal' form, spreading long filaments, which may puncture minute holes in the intestine wall, causing a 'leaky gut'."

"Candida can also upset the hormone balance as it has receptor sites in its cell membranes, which accept hormones; if progesterone binds to candida if fails to reach its destination. Acetaldehyde (breakdown product of alcohol produced by candida from sugar) reacts with the neurotransmitter dopamine to cause emotional disturbances like anxiety, spaced-out feelings and depression. Aldehydes cause suppression of T cell function, increased susceptibility to infection and inability of the immune system to respond efficiently to infections or allergens. "

(The diet I am on, no refined sugar, wholemeal pastas and breads, low dairy, the correct fats etc is supposed to help with this and I have had lots of success with it in the last three months relating to the intensity of pain that I suffer. )

"Important to reduce the foods feeling the yeast. i.e. sugars (sucrose, glucose, fructose, dextrose, maltose, honey, molasses). Refined sugars, yeasts, fermented foods, dried fruits, dairy foods (other than live yoghurt) should be removed from the diet for 2 or 3 months. "

" For the first month you can eat plenty of fresh vegetables, pulses, wholegrain cereals, meat and fish, nuts and seeds, which provide substantial meals. Avoiding snack type foods is important. The body craves nutrients from fresh meals: it needs solid wholefood meals, but many people replace wholesome dinners with sugar and wheat based snacks, which are nutritionally unsound. The following foods nave anti-yeast properties and should be used frequently: garlic, onions, cabbage, broccoli, brussels sprouts, kale, watercress, mustard cress, cauliflower, turnips, cinnamon, olive oil, and aloe vera juice. "

OSTEOPOROSIS

Health: Medical notes

Osteoporosis: The facts

"Large holes inside bones cause them to become weak

" (Osteoporosis affects one in three women and one in 12 women, is responsible for 200,000 breaks per year in the UK and 40 deaths a day. It is often known as a silent illness, because many people do not know they have it until it is too late. Although it is thought of as a disease of old age, latest research suggests its roots lie in adolescence.)

"What is it?

Osteoporosis is a weakening of the bones that can lead to breaks which are difficult to heal - hence its alternative name, brittle bone disease.

Osteoporosis facts and figures

Bones are made up of a thick outer shell with a honeycomb mesh inside.

Osteoporosis occurs when the gaps in this honeycomb become bigger making the bone fragile and brittle causing them to break easily.

The wrists, hips and spine are particularly at risk.

What causes it?

During childhood and the teenage years the skeleton grows and develops, with the bones getting longer and the internal mesh becoming more dense until they achieve their greatest density when a person is in their late 20s.

A natural part of the ageing process is that bones get weaker in people over 30 and the honeycomb becomes less dense.

However, in some cases this occurs faster than in others leading to osteoporosis.

A poor diet in youth can also lay the foundations for the disease in later life.

Who gets it?

Women are particularly at risk because they have smaller more fragile bones to start off with.

Dr Nicola Keay on how the disease affects younger women This is complicated by the menopause during which the body stops producing oestrogen - a hormone essential for good bone health.

And because of the natural ageing process, the risk increases with age.

However, more and more research is indicating that the disease can affect younger people, with the National Osteoporosis Society reporting an increase in incidence of the disease among young women, particularly those who are underweight or who have suffered anorexia.

How can it be prevented?

Diet and exercise are the two key preventive measures.

Katy Jeffs on steps she has taken to avoid the disease The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy says skipping, jogging and aerobics are the best exercises to beat the disease.

A high calcium, well-balanced diet throughout life but especially while the body is still developing is recommended.

Dr Nicola Keay: "A balance is essential" Dr Nicola Keay, an osteoporosis researcher who has studied the effect of the disease on young women, said there were dangers in failing to find a balance.

"If you're doing too much exercise or don't eat enough, or if you don't do any exercise and eat lots of fast food, those extremes obviously aren't good," she said. "The message is to get a balance - do enough exercise, eat a reasonable diet and don't go on a crash diet at 10 or 12 worrying about being too fat because it's the worst thing you can do for your bones."

What is the treatment?

Gentle exercise can help those who are already suffering the disease but have not yet suffered any fractures to rebuild bone strength.

Drug treatments can help restore levels of oestrogen in those who have stopped producing it, or target it to where it is needed in people who have low levels of the hormone.

These therapies include including hormone replacement therapy, oestrogen derivatives and a new generation of drugs known as selective oestrogen receptor modulators.

Is there help?

The National Osteoporosis Society offers factsheets for sufferers.

They can be obtained by writing to The National Osteoporosis Society, PO Box 10, Radstock, Bath BA3 3YB, UK or by phoning 01761 471771.

TRANS FATTY ACIDS

I found the book above has quite good information on endometriosis and explains the value of the food we eat and how it affects oestrogen levels which we all know affects our endo and help with what is the best things to eat or not to eat as the case may be.

One interesting bit to me is Chapter 8 for how digestion affects the reproductive system and how the changes in western diet over the last few hundred years has affected us in the rise of refined foods which are high in calories, but low in nutrition. It also explains in patterns of healthily eating how our diet has drastically altered over the last 50 years and that our bodies have not adapted to the changes.

It explains the immune system link related to the foods we eat. In nature oil molecules are shaped like a horseshoe. which fits with other bits to form a strong cell membrane to protect what is going on inside. This stop harmful chemicals entering and damaging the cells i.e. like what happens in endometriosis. These oils are crucial to health, i.e. extra virgin cold pressed olive oils, organic butter, vegetable oils such as sunflower, safflower and sesame which are labelled unrefined, unhydrogenated or cold pressed. Fresh nuts and seeds are also a good source of these CIS fatty acids. They aid metabolism in moderation and do not make you fat.

Tans fatty acids from processed oils and foods don't form the horseshoe shape and therefore do not protect the cell, high trans fatty acids in body cells have about higher risk of breast cancer. They weaken the cells so that they cannot stop harmful chemicals entering the cell.

Heat changes cis oils into trans oils, so deep frying is not advised, and don't use the same oil twice for frying.

I was stunned to learn that evening primrose and starflower oil in cheap packages and not cold pressed are almost as good as taking nothing, they have to be cold pressed to do any good. That shocks me, I always thought I was doing the right thing by buying the stuff in bulk, cheaply.

There is a lot of food (pun) for thought here and if anyone is serious about nutrition to try and fight endo, this is a good place to start. I don't know them so no benefit in promoting the book, but you all know how much better I have been feeling since I severely cut back on dairy and refined sugar.

DIOXINS AND OESTROGEN

Hi all, thought you might find this interesting, I found it on a support list and it doesn't half put the dioxin theory into perspective for endo i.e. endometriosis is characteristic of oestrogen dominance ie oestrogen feeds the endometriosis.

QUOTE "Another major factor contributing to an imbalance between estrogen and progesterone is environmental in nature. We, in the industrialized world, now live immersed in a rising sea of petrochemical derivatives. Petrochemicals are everywhere. They are in our air, food and water. Our machines run a petrochemicals, millions of products including plastics (leaking xenoestrogens).....pesticides....are either made from petrochemicals or contain them. These organochlorine chemicals include pesticides, herbicides (such as DDT, DDE, dieldrin, atrazine, methoxychlor, hetachlor, kepone, etc.) as well as various plastics (polycarbonated plastics found in baby bottles and water jugs). These chemicals have an uncanny ability to mimic natural estrogen. As estrogen mimics, these compounds are highly fat soluble, non-biodegradable, accumulate in fat tissue of animals and humans and are difficult to excrete. They are given the name xeno-estrogens since, although they are foreign chemicals, they are taken up by the estrogen receptor sites in the body, seriously interfering with natural biochemical changes.

Mounting research in now revealing an alaring situation world wide created by the inudation of these hormone mimics worldwide.

Disturbing Changes Extremely disturbing events are being reported globally about other alarming changes happening in the environment.

In 1947, orthnithologists noticed that eagles in Florida had lost their drive to mate and nest. In th e1960's ranch minks that were fed fish from Lake Michigan failed to reproduce. In 1977, female gulls in California were nesting with females.

Not long ago, in Lake Apopka in Florida, wildlife biologists discovered that strange biological occurrences were happening to the alligators living there. In 1980, a toxic spill occurred dumping huge amounts of pesticide similar to DDT in to the lake. That event was almost forgotten until five years later, when it was discoverec that 90 percent of the alligators had disappeared. Most of those that reamined were incapable of reproducing or had no urge to mate. The males were born with deformed penishes that were 75 percent shorter than average. Further testing indicated that their testosterone levels were so low that they hormonally resembled females. Moreover, the females had abnormal ovaries and follicles described as "burned out".

To Add to this concern, recent reports show that strange hermaphroditic fish have been caught in Port Phillip Bay in Victoria, Australia.

Similarly, a major British study revealed that male fish downstream from sewage treatment plants are changing sex as a result of estrogen chemicals which are not removed from the treated effluent.

Dr. Ana Soto, an endocrinologist at Tufts University, had been experimenting with cancer cells taken from human breasts and then cultured. She found that they would grow when they were fed estrogens. As part of her experiment she quit feeding the cells estrogens. To her total amazement, however, the cancer cells continued to grow for four months even when no estrogens were fed to them.

Dr. Soto then realized that the manufacturer of the flasks she had been using had started to use a different plasticone that, when it becomes warm, releases minute quantities of the estrogen-like compound nonylphenol! Nonylphenols refer to a family of compounds that are used as surfactants (reducing the surface tension of water creating a bridge between two chemicals that don't normally mix) in pesticides as well as industrial and institutional cleaning products. Her tissue samples were being contaminated by the xeno-estrogens of the plastic flasks!

Good reading: Hormone Heresy What Women Must Know about their Hormones, By Sherril Sellman. " HRT

Taken from " HRT: Your Questions Answered" by Malcolm Whitehead & Val Godfree, which is aimed at the medical profession:

8.19 CAN A WOMAN WHO HAS ENDOMETRIOSIS TAKE HRT, AND WHAT IS THE RISK OF RECURRENCE?

This problem is fully discussed in Question 9.45. In summary, endometriotic tissue can respond to oestrogens, even if many years have elapsed between menopause and starting HRT. However, the possible risks of a recurrence of endometriosis must be balanced against the benefits of HRT. Often women with severe endometriosis have undergone a surgically induced menopause (bilateral oophorectomy), and thus are in special need of HRT to reduce their risk of future cardiovascular disease and osteoporosis. In women in whom all endometriotic tissue has been removed at surgery, the chances of recurrence appear lower than if endometriotic tissue had been left behind. However, even with apparent complete surgical removal of all endometriotic tissue, we have seen the disease reactivated with HRT. This may be because endometriosis can arise de novo from coelomic metaplasia; or because microscopic disease, not visible to the naked eye, remained after surgery.

In women with residual disease after surgery, it is often recommended that HRT be withheld for at least 9 months after surgery and then commenced. However, we have seen the disease reactivated in women starting HRT 10 years after menopause (see Question 9.45).

It is not possible to generalize further and each case has to be judged on its merits. We believe that endometriosis probably poses one of the most difficult treatment decisions. Primary care physicians should not hesitate to seek specialist advice if they are in any doubt as to whether or not to prescribe for these women.

8.20 WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO PRESCRIBE HRT FOR PATIENTS WITH PREVIOUS ENDOMETRIOSIS?

The optimal treatment regimen is not known. In terms of overall stimulation by the oestrogen, there would not appear to be any differences between oral & non-oral routes at comparable doses. However, we would advise against using sustained release preparations, such as oestradiol implants, as first-line treatment. These can result in higher plasma oestradiol values and they cannot be discontinued quickly should symptoms indicative of recurrence develop (see Question 9.45).

Frequently, women with a history of severe endometriosis will have undergone hysterectomy and therefore, under normal circumstances, would not require progestons. However, the underlying pathophysiology of endometriosis is oestrogenic activation of ectopic endometrial tissue.

Progestons have an antimitotic, suppressant effect upon the endometrium, so, in theory, it may be advisable to add a progeston to the oestrogen in a continuous daily fashion. We stress that this strategy is hypothetical and confirmation data are not available.

9.45 WHAT EFFECT MAY HRT HAVE ON ENDOMETRIOSIS?

Endometriosis is an oestrogen-dependant condition & may be exacerbated by HRT or re-activated if dormant. Patients who have undergone total abdominal hysterectomy & bilateral salpingo oophorectomy with complete excision of all endometriotic tissue are currently believed to be at low risk from a recurrence if they take HRT. However, if excision of the endometriosis was incomplete then HRT can reactivate dormant disease.

We have a series of patients (data unpublished), some of whom had undergone hysterectomy & bilateral salpingo oophorectomy, in whom endometriosis has been re-activated by HRT in the following sites: the ovary, the adnexae and pelvic side-wall, the top of the vagina and the large bowel. In some, the passage of blood and/or mucus rectally was observed around the time of the withdrawl bleeding.

There was a suggestion that one patient had developed hydronephrosis due to the re- activated endometriosis causing ureteric obstruction. The renal enlargement resolved when HRT was withdrawn. We also observed a re- activation of endometriosis (requiring total abdominal hysterectomy & bilateral salpingo oophorectomy) in a woman first starting HRT 12 years after menopause. Thus, there seems to be no upper time limit after menopause when HRT can be prescribed safely, and comments that it is safe to administer oestrogens 3-5 years after hysterectomy/menopause have, we believe, no scientific basis.

Patients with a history of endometriosis, especially those with residual disease, should be advised to stop HRT if they develop symptoms or signs suggestive of re-activation. We stress that the incidence of re- activation is most probably low but no data are currently available as to the precise risk. Thus, patients in whom endometriosis may be re- activated should be closely supervised with more frequent pelvic examinations, perhaps every 6-12 months. Pelvic ultrasonography may be helpful if symptoms and signs suggestive of re-activation occur.

How in the H did you write all of that......????? I don't know what to respond to!!!

DANG Woman!! VERY VERY INTERESTING AND A LOT TO READ!! I am going to print it out and read it tonight!! Thank you so much for posting it!!! :)
Your awesome:kiss:

Confirming Clinical Hypothyroid

Confirming Clinical Hypothyroid (normal lab tests T3, T4, TSH, but feeling lousy)

The most reliable way to confirm clinical hypothyroid is to measure the urine temperature for three consecutive days. Urinate in a Styrofoam cup for 3 consecutive days in the morning as soon as you get up. If you forget one day then don't worry just continue until you get 3 consecutive days. Measure the urine temperature with an ordinary health care thermometer. If the temperature is below 98.6 consistently, ( usually 97) then you most probably have clinical hypothyroid.

Update

Okay. On April 22nd, I visit my dr and receive my 3rd Lupron Injection and probably some more Cenestin. At this time we'll schedule my hysterectomy. I could have the hysterectomy done in 30 days or a little longer because I'm wanting some cosmetics done and coordinating could take some time between my gyno and Cosmetic friend and his partner. I know I'm getting an abdominal plasty (mini tummy tuck) because I want to make sure the cut won't affect the style of my posing suit. There will be no lipo suction with the tummy tuck. Just cut (for my gyno) and close (after my organs are removed by my gyno). At this time I may elect to get Breast Augmentation because when I diet down for competition, I lose my boobies:grin: I go from a D cup to an A. Pretty sad. Having cosmetic surgery done at the same time as the hysterectomy saves me from having to pay extra (at a later date) hospital & anesthesiologist fees, etc....

Tummy tuck - Estimate $1000
Breast Aug - Estimate $1500
(pays to have friends in the cosmetic field):D
Co-Pay for Hospital pay - $500
Cost for Hysterectomy is included in the Hospital fee of $500.

Grand total for Hysterectomy, Tummy tuck and Breast Aug is $3000.00

These figures are subject to change IF my friends partner doesn't agree with the cosmetic fees. Those fees can change slightly but not drastically. Regardless I want the tummy tuck and will most likely get that done. I could care less about the boobies. I have those off season;)

Anyway -- just keeping things up to date.

Last Friday (4-16) wasn't a good morning for me. Woke up at 1am with bad #2, spotting and severe back pain. This pretty much carried on through the weekend (the #2 and spotting.) SO, yesterday (monday) I left a msg with my dr and asked if this was normal and reminded him about the Cenestin he put me on 3 weeks and a couple days ago. He calls me back and tells me to stop taking Cenestin and puts me on Prometrium. At this point, I'm thinking.......Yay ( :rolleyes: ) Prometrium...........I don't like that BUT I'm going to take it because I only have a couple more days until I go into see my GYN.

April 22nd...............HURRY UP!!!!:grin:

Okay, after posting the above (I really don't want to share because it's gross) I went to the bathroom....same problems as last Friday. Well, after wiping #2, I noticed some blood. NOT A LOT...very little. My ovaries felt like they were on fire.

Waiting on my dr to call me back. I did however call him immediately after.

Still having bad back pain. Cramping off and on.

Gosh girl--let me know what the Dr. Says!!!!!

IML Gear Cream!
I will. If he doesn't call me back by like 3:30, I'll call the office. Could be that the nurse or someone got busy and never got a chance to call me yet.

No news is good news, Right?

ONE MORE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y.I.K.E.S

Real quick. ( cause i have to get back to work)

Yesterday I had my appt. No surgery until Lupron is gone. The bleeding episode was due to an IBS attack so everything is inflamed, therefore, the surgery has been post poned. Apparently estrogen (Cenestin and Prometrium) is what caused all my problems (IBS Attack and both Rectal and vaginal bleeding.) I am ONLY receiving Lupron Injections (with no HRT i.e. add back) in order to get all the swelling down. This means no Cenestin and no Prometrium. I look 6 or 7 months preggo!!!! I'll see if I can get the camera here at work and take a quick pic so you all can see. My tummy is HUGE!!!!

Next appt date: 5-20-04 (May)

Update:

Sunday & today I have experienced breakthrough bleeding. Abdominal pain, burning like feeling in my tuumy and lower back pain. I also noticed 3 reddish brown spots on my tummy beside the incision site.....Called my dr this morning. Waiting for a response. Today is his normal surgery day so i'm hoping to hear from him later this afternoon.

The nurse just called me back. My doctor has prescribed me to take Provera for 10 days.

He seems to think my problems are related to hormones......DUH!!!! I could've come up with that one myself.....Oh well. I'm getting a second opinion to which is scheduled for May 3rd. I love my doctor and we've been through it all however, I'm taking this a little more seriously.

Another update.

Today I've been in BAD PAIN.....This week and last have been the absolute pits!!

I called my dr this morning and left a msg with his nurse asking if there was a drug out there to counteract Lupron and get it out of my system. I QUIT, I'M DONE!!!!! I'd rather have 3 days of pain vs every day. My entire body HURTS since taking add back out of my daily routine.

This is what my dr had to say: "There's no drug out there to counteract and take the Lupron out of your system. You'll have to wait it out. Continue to take Pravera until it's gone, keep your appt and weigh your options carefully because we're going to talk about them during your next appt. Keep taking Darvecet for the pain and I'll see you next month."

How can one win for losing in this situation? Lupron puts women into temp. menopause (which is painful) a hysterectomy is immediately menopause (I assume the pain will either be the same if not worse) and birth control doesn't work for me..........................IS THERE EVER LIGHT??? What to do, what to do....................:scratch:

Hey Babs! I'm Shana! I just signed up today & I saw your post about endometriosis. I have it as well!
I started to notice the pain when I was a sophomore in high school. I gradusted in 01! They first tried to tell me I was constipated, and I knew I wasen't. So then I went to see my friends doctor (who treated alot of women w/endo.) I had an ultra sound..and sure enough I had endo.
Since then I have had a total 3 lap. so far! I was fat,over weight by 30lbs.
My last lap was Oct 17 2003. After that one I joined a gym around 12/03 and started working out 3-4 day's a week. It still hurted & rested on my heating pad, but not as much as before. I have lost 20lbs up to today 5/3/04. My last doc opt was a week ago & he said my overies look great, I have a tiny cyst on my right overie, but the only bad news was that he said with me on the depo shot I have low bone density. Which is normal he said. So now I'm on Caltrate.
My whole point is for me being so over weight my overies were terrible when I started working out & lost pounds for some reason my overies were getting better as I went in every time. Don't get me wrong! LOL! They still have their day's when they are killing me in pain, but most of all they are doing so much better!

That's funny Shana! When I first went to my dr he thought the same thing. Told me to get some milk of mag. Obviously that didn't work. Then he had me get an upper GI Test done and that's when they found I had a Hiatus Hernia. Through trial and error of MANY birth control pills and other meds, nothing has worked and if it did work, it was limited because my body adapts to quickly. Like you, I also had ultra sounds done and Endometriosis never showed up. The symptoms were there.

I'm sorry to discover there's yet another young female out there suffering with Endometriosis. I hope some day, a cure will be found and your (as well as other women) pain and suffering will soon fade.

Please feel free to continue to share your experiences with Endo here. I'm trying to make this thread as informational as possible.

Thank you for posting hon, I really appreciate it

Babs;)

Okay. Yesterday I received a 2nd opinion to make sure my dr (of 14 years) was right on AND to let my family know, he's not out to make a quick buck before vacation:lol:

In a couple weeks I will be getting an MRI of my brain and lungs. Here's why: When I was younger and showing horses (yes, I trained horses and competed on a professional level with them) we didn't have a place to keep them so, I would board them at my friends house. There, they also had horses, ducks, geese (geese are mean) and chickens. Well, these animals all have to go #2 and there's no designated spot for them to go other than where they're standing at the moment so, needless to say, there was A LOT of ammonia in the barn (where I spend most of my time grooming the animals.) Breathing in all that ammonia wasn't good for my lungs and SOON I was having chest pain. My mom ended up taking me to the hospital because heart disease runs in the family and she was afraid I had it too. I had X-Rays done and that's when it was discovered...............I had Hystoplasmosis. A nogul on my right lung. I never received medication for it. Only treatment I received was monthly visits to a Lung Disease Specialist where he took chest X-Rays like crazy. 4 years later we learned (still with out any treatment) it had calcified.

My point. Endometriosis can spread to any organ in your body. Although it doesn't travel via organ to organ, it can attach to anything at any point in time by traveling through your own blood vessels. Well, now I'm questioning that "bloody spot" on my lung. Was it really Hystoplasmosis or is it Endometriosis? Only an MRI can tell. So, since this horrible disease can spread, I'm getting it all looked at very carefully.

In June, (either the first or second week) I will get my hysterectomy and keep all informed.

Babs;)

Friday I will be getting my MRI. As soon as I know the results, I'll clue all in.

Lately, I've been feeling EXTREMELY tired, while having even more dificulty remembering things, blurred vision and twitching behind my eyes...While I get the twitch I feel odd for about 5 seconds....feels as though I lose consciousness for a sec. My speech has been awful.

I just wonder what all this medication has done to me???

IML Gear Cream!
okay. I cannot edit for some reason :scratch:

I will not get my MRI done on Friday because they're booked. My dr told me they should be able to get me in, but they cannot.

Anyway, I am being placed on the cancellation list and I'm scheduled to have all this done next Tuesday at 8am. It could be sooner if someone cancels.

Babs;)

Ms21Vegas~ Sorry to hear you have Endometriosis. I have it as well...so I know it's not fun. I am not overweight by no means..and it's still very painful for me (I don't know why it sounded like you said it's worse when your overweight?)
Strange!

I'm glad your ovaries are doing better.

:) It's a very painful disease!!!

MS21- what stage are you at (as in levels in Pain) My doctor said that I have the worst stage.:( I think Babsie does too?!

Yep, I sure do. Stage IV is the final stage. There's no Stage V (at least that's what I've been told by a specialist I saw last week.) Mine is severe and has even spread to my colon.

Friday I got my MRI done and the dr thinks the same as Bandaide.........I may be having Petit Seizures, in which case if the test comes back positive for that, I'll lose my license for 6months.

oh gosh Babsie!!! Thats horrible-will you know for sure soon that you are? Your in my prayers:kiss:

Yep- I am stage 4 also! yukkkkkkk:(

Thank you for all your prayers and your comments. It really does mean a lot to me.

Something I forgot to write in here is: Sunday, I started my period (not suppose to.) Not spotting, it's full blown PMS.:(

The first month of Lupron I had break through LIGHT "spotting." This happened off and on. I experienced SEVERAL side effects

The second month, I was put on Cenestin for hot flashes and night sweats. 3 weeks after taking Cenestin I started spotting again. I was taken off Cenestin and put on Promotrium. Prometrium stopped the spotting. I also had an IBS attack.

The third month I was suppose to schedule my hysterectomy but for some reason my dr didn't mention the hysterectomy rather stated we're going to finish off the cycle. He requested at that time I stop taking prometrium. No HRT for me. About a week later I called back (because I was sooooooooooooo fed up with the side effects) as I started spotting again and told him, i'm not going to take Lupron anymore, I'm done and I'm sick of hurting!!!!" At that point he said that was fine, put me on Provera (for 10 days) and requested I keep my appt for the 20th. Well, about the 8th day of taking Provera I noticed my memory was getting worse than what Lupron was doing to it, and along with that I would get twitching like sensations in my eyes, my mind would go blank, etc......VERY WEIRD!!! So, I called my dr and requested an MRI. He ordered it and I got it done Friday. At this time, we're currently awaiting my results. I know my appt was scheduled for the 20th of this month HOWEVER, if I'm not getting another Lupron Injection, why not make it sooner? So, this week I'm going in once my dr. gets the results from the MRI.

Piece of advice, DON'T TAKE POVERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My memory isn't quit what it use to be after starting therapy so periodically (as I think about things and if I remember) I'll post additional information later today or as the days go by.

One thing I'd like to add is........I was 135 before all therapy, BCP's after BCP's then Lupron, Cenestin, Promotrium and Provera I am now a whopping 200lbs. I've tried dieting and, it doesn't work while taking hormones. So now I'm thinking, since I've started my period (full throttle) this has to mean I can exercise or something to try to lose all this weight before surgery. Therefore, I'm going to beg and plea like a wild woman for some sort of diretic (other than OTC) to get me off to a start on losing water I've gained. (these hormones make you retain LOTS of water) I'm not saying, I've gained 60lbs of water alone and not fat :grin: I'd just like to think I've put on more water than fat:lol:

I'll keep trying to inform all.

May peace and happiness always be with you
Babs:kiss:

BABS! That is just crazy scary what you have been going through!!! I'm so sorry honey. I am thankful that you post all this so that I know what to expect..and what drugs to stay away from (As you know I'm not taking any since I'm trying to get pregnant.)... I'm so sorry your dealing with this. I would definatly try and see if the doc will prescribe you some medicine to help shed the weight!!

HUGS TO YOU MY DEAR!! Your ALWAYS in my thoughts:kiss:

Hi Stacey,

I'm happy to know I've helped in some way. I know the information I've posted is based solely upon my experiences however, most of us girls go through the changes and experiences. On the other hand, like with anything we do, every one reacts dif. What worked or didn't work for me, may or may not work for someone else.

One thing I can say for certain is: Provera will mess you up. I've read this from nearly everyone who took it. Far too many side effects, etc........If your dr tells you, you need it...........Tell him N.O....W.A.Y.........H.U.H ....U.H.

What ever your specific case is, try less drastic measures. Remember, everything we try to do in hopes to conquer Endo, is hopeless.

I'm getting ready to post what was discussed during my visit yesterday with my GYN.....

Decisions Decisions

Wednesday, May 12th my dr and I went over our "options." I have 4. We also went over my MRI results.

Lets talk about my MRI results.

My dr and I learned I have lesions on the front part of my brain and I have sinusitis. I'm taking - C AMOX TR-K CLV 875-125MG TABTEV........1 tablet twice daily with food (12 hours apart) I'll start taking this tomorrow AM.

For pain (Endo pain and Headache) I take the following (1 or 2 tabs every 4 to 6 hrs) IC PROPOXY-N/APAP100-650 TAB TEV. I'll actually take this when I have pain.

Option #1: As we all know it, Hysterectomy.

My dr will remove EVERYTHING and I'll become an IT. :grin: The surgery will last roughly about an hour to 2 hours. Hospital stay around 3 to 4 days. FMLA and Disability leave, 8 weeks. Full pay for 4 weeks then 70% after. (not an option at the moment)

Option #2: BCP, Seasonal.

I don't know too much about this one, although my babysitter also has Endo (Stage 1) and started this about 2 months ago. She loves it. (not an option for me right now)

Option #3: 9 Month Therapy

The 9 month therapy as we all know it is, pregancy. Yep! Famous form of therapy for the Endo suffers. Tried it twice. Look at me now, I still have Endo and worse than ever. (possibly an Option)

Option #4: Bitter Sweet Pain Endurance

I just made that up. :)

I mention this because, with anything we Endometriosis sufferers go through, no amount of therapy, or types of hysterectomies will ever truly end our pain. Therapy will help shrink the cells (which feed off Estrogen.) The only guarantee from a Hysterecomy (or benefit I should say) is lack of our cycle. There is NO cure for Endometriosis. NONE.

With the research I've done and conversations held with other women who have had or about to undergo a hysterectomy, we're all learning that everyone is dif in this situation. Some people gain weight, some people lose weight, some people hit depression, while others are extatic and could care less what happens. All this is due to hormonal imbalances. Whether we chose to keep both ovaries and lose the uterus or lose it all, we'll need some sort of Estrogen. Actually to be honest, there are women out there who believe HRT is not for them (when everything has been removed.) There are risks and benefits to every decision we make in life. By electing HRT, you're asking for relief in night sweats, hot flashes, insomnia, stamina & bone loss (I may be forgetting some more.) By not taking HRT, you're asking for; night sweats, hot flashes, insomnia, loss in libido, bone loss, heart disease, etc.... Yet, if you take HRT, it also increases your risck of cancer! Breast Cancer, Cervical Cancer. Nothing matches up to your NATURAL hormones. So, if I had to chose, I wouldn't use any form of HRT. What's the use? Think of our anscestors. They didn't have any form of HRT, went through menopause and managed life just fine with out. IN FACT, most doctors prefer when you have a hysterectomy, EVERYTHING goes because YOU'RE AT RISK FOR CANCER!!!! Maybe I should've named Option 4, Bitter Sweet Twist?

Let me just touch up on weight gain. Before I started therapy, I weighed 135. I've been through nearly every type of BCP on the market (or so it feels) starting at the age of 12. Never have I in my life (even after 2 pregnancies) have I weighed 200lbs. I'm 5'6". Weighing this much is not an option for me. Lupron gave me the chance to look into my future life, what it would be or even feel like after surgical menopause. For me, menopause isn't going to start at the age of 26 young. Not if I have a say in it. I have goals to acheive, yet and I feel, if I gained even more weight, I would hit depression bouts and think about suicide. It is absolutely miserable feeling and looking over weight. Looking at my past I actually appreciate being 5 or 10lbs over weight. My saying stands true (in my eyes) "Before you talk about what you want - Appreciate what you have!" I appreciate where I was before. My feet didn't hurt after an hour of walking around the house, yard, around the block, stores, etc.... At this moment, I feel luck to have OPTIONS! I really do. There are MANY women out there who are forced into surgical menopause. They're forced because of cancer, genetics, tumors, fibroids, etc.........I have a choice/option to make. I have 3 months to come up with my decision. I feel 3 months is enough time to fully understand where I'm headed in my life and which decision will benefit me best. For once, I have a decision over Endometriosis and it may JUST MAY be, because of Lupron.

The option running through my mind at the moment is option #3 (firstly) and option #2. Option #1 is last on my list because of weight gain. I have no promise in loseing the weight I've gained. Who knows, I could have an awful menses next month, call my dr and ask him to meet me on the surgical table in 30 min...........but, I may not. So, I've talked to my mother, mother in-law, my father and my husband. We've decided that if in 3 months, we're not pregnant we'll do the following:

Fertility pills
Or,
Hysterectomy. I say hysterectomy and not the seasonal pills because, either way................it's all about weight gain...Either way, Hysterectomy or BCPs add weight.

Starting next Monday I will start my diet and log any exercise I may do. I am not stepping one foot in my local gym with out first dropping 25lbs. So, it's going to be a while before I hit the weights. Besides, dieting (IMHO) is a better start....it'll allow my body to adjust properly. I think my diet will be something like the Candida diet. Mostly veggies. Not sure.

Thanks for keeping up with my progress. I plan on keeping this updated daily.

BabsieGirl's surviving!!!!:kiss:

I forgot to mention......in 3 months I'm going back to my GYN......

Back