• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Gettin' Strict and BIG!!!

DeadBolt

MP Minister of Pain!
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ok here we go its now time to get large and stop messin around. If you read my last journal you know I had some injuries that I used as a crutch to cheat but no more! I have now modified my P/RR/S routine and added a few things to suit me. Hopefully gopro will soon answer my upcoming PM about my ab routine and let me know if he thinks it will work or not....and maybe he could help me out if somethings wrong with it. Heres my routine:
Week I ??? Power

Monday:
Dumbell press 3 x 4-6
Incline Bench Press (with bench at a 15% angle) 3 x 4-6
Weighted Dips 3 x 4-6

Military press (smith) 2-3 x 4-6
Upright Row EZ Curl Bar 2-3 x 4-6
Cheat Lateral 2 x 4-6

Cable Crunch 3 x 6-8
Straight Hanging Leg Raises 3 x 6-8

Wednesday:
Squats - Free Standing BB 3 x 4-6
Leg Press (45° version) 3 x 4-6
Single Leg Extension 2 x 4-6
Lying Leg Curl 3 x 4-6
Stiff legged Deadlift BB 2-3 x 4-6

Friday:
Deadlift 3 x 4-6
Bent Row BB 3 x 4-6
Weighted Chin (using a dipping belt with weight) 2-3 x 4-6
CG Seated Row (cable) 2-3 x 4-6

Barbell Shrugs 3-4 x 6-8
Neck Flexion 2 x 12-15
Neck Lateral Flexion 1 x 12-15

Cable Crunch 3 x 6-8
Straight Hanging Leg Raises 3 x 6-8

Saturday:
Barbell Curl 2 x 4-6
Preacher Curl EZ Curl 2 x 4-6
Hammer Curl 2 x 4-6

CG Bench Press Incline 3 x 4-6
Skull Crushers DB 2 x 4-6
Single Arm Dumbbell Extensions 2 x 4-6

Wrist Curls BB 2 X 8-10
Reverse Wrist Curl BB 2 X 6-8

Week II ??? Rep Range

Monday:
Incline Dumbell Press (with bench at 15% incline) 3 x 6-8
Bench Press BB 3 x 8-10
Flyes Flat 2 x 10-12

Single Arm dumbell press (standing, only 1 dumbell) 2 x 6-8
Bent Lateral (slightly bent over for focus on medial) 2-3 x 8-10
Cable Side Lateral 2 x 10-12

Weighted Machine Crunch 2 x 10-12
Twisting Crunches (focus on abs and obliques) 2 x 10-12
Knee Raises (flat bench knees to chest) 1 x 15

Wednesday:
Leg Extension 2 x 8-10
Hack Squat 3 x 10-12
One legged Leg Press (these rock!) 3 x 12-15
Lying Leg Curl 2 x 6-8
Stiff legged Deadlift BB 2 x 8-10
Single Leg Curl 2 x 10-12

Friday:
CG weighted Chin 2 x 6-8
WG Cable row (seated) 2 x 8-10
Dumbell row 2 x 10-12
Pull-over 2 x 12-15

Barbell shrug 1 x 8-10, 1 x 10-12
Dumbell shrug 1 x 10-12, 1 x 12-15
Neck Flexion 2 x 12-15

Weighted Machine Crunch 2 x 10-12
Twisting Crunches (focus on abs and obloquies) 2 x 10-12
Knee Raises (flat bench knees to chest) 1 x 15

Saturday:
Alternating dumbell curl 2 x 6-8
Cable curl (2 arms same time) 2 x 8-10
Concentration Curl 1-2 x 10-12

Weighted dip 3 x 6-8
Pushdown V 2 x 8-10
Kickback DB 1-2 x 10-12

Wrist Curls 1 X 12-15
Reverse Wrist Curls 1 X 15-20

Week III ??? Shock

Monday:
Cable crossover/incline smith press (SS) 1-2 x 8-10
Incline flyes/dips (SS) 1 x 8-10
Seated machine press (DS) 8-10,6-8,6-8

Seated side lateral/hammer machine (SS) 1-2 x 8-10
Reverse pec deck/wg upright row EZ Curl(SS) 1-2 x 8-10
Cable front raise (DS) 6-8,6-8,6-8

Cable Crunch/Hip Raises SS 2 x 12-15
Twisting Crunch/Hanging Knee Raise SS 2 x 12-15
Weighted Machine Crunch DS 8-10,8-10,8-10

Wednesday:
Leg Extension/Front Squat Free Stand BB(SS) 1-2 x 8-10
Leg extensions/Leg Press (SS) 1-2 x 8-10
Lunge DB (DS) 8-10,8-10
SLDL BB/lying leg curl 1-2 x 8-10
Single Leg curl(DS) 1-2 x 8-10,8-10

Friday:
Pullover/WG Pulldown (SS) 1-2 x 8-10
Stiff arm pulldown(*)/reverse grip bent row BB (SS) 1-2 x 8-10
CG Pully row (DS) 6-8,6-8,6-8

CG upright rows EZ Curl/machine shrugs SS 1-2 x 8-10 each
Neck Flexion 2 x 12-15

Cable Crunch/Hip Raises SS 2 x 12-15
Twisting Crunch/Hanging Knee Raise SS 2 x 12-15
Weighted Machine Crunch DS 8-10,8-10,8-10

Saturday:
EZ curl/CG chin (SS) 1-2 x 6-10
Preacher Curl/reverse curl (SS) 1-2 x 6-10
Single arm curl (cable) (DS) 6-10,6-10

Pushdown/CG Bench press incline (SS) 1-2 x 6-10
Reverse pushdown/incline overhead extension (SS) 1-2 x 6-10
Weighted bench dip (DS) (plates on legs) 8-10,8-10

SUPERSET: 2 X 10-12 OF REVERSE WRIST CURLS/WRIST CURLS

It is the basic P/RR/S routine with some clarifications and mods so it suits my body better. Just sorta clears the loose ends up. I also added my own ab routine.

Now for my stats:
age-18 going on 19
weight-177lbs
height-5'6"
bf%-???? guessing around 12%ish
I haven't checked it in a long time but last I checked it I was at about 9-10% and have been bulking for some time now. I will check it when I get a chance.

As for my diet....I currently dont have one. I was doing the "bulking with slow burners" and it worked fine but I don't have the time for a set meal plan rite now. I am going through extensive fire dept drilling so I am either reading or training all day. I try to eat when I can and try to keep it clean. Once I am done with training in 3 week I will be able to go back to a set routine.....Carb Cycling Bulking Style w00t w00t.

As for supps...I am taking nothing really. I take in whey but I don't consider that a supp its more like a staple heh. I also take the occational EC stack before the gym after those long days of schooling and drilling....and believe me if anyone has gone through the training you know what I'm talking about.

7/26/04 Power Chest/Shoulders

DB Press
65'sx5
65'sx5
65'sx5

Incline BB Press
115x6
125x4
125x3

Weighted Dip
+20x6
+20x6
+20x5

Military Press
100x4
100x4
****I had to use the machine b/e the smith, DB's, AND the friggin BB's were in use so I either did this or waited 15 mins for them to clear out and I couldn't do that.

UR Row EZ Curl
70x6
80x5

Cheat Lateral
25'sx6
30'sx6

Cable Crunch
130x8
150x8
150x8
****WOW sore now but Im going to have to add weight to the stack in order to keep doing this heh. Looks funny for little old me to be doing that.

Leg Raise
selfx10
selfx10
****I need a way to add weight to this, was thinking of just using the dipping belt and wrap it around my ankles. What do ya think?

Overall after taking this much needed week of rest I feel great. Glad to be back in the gym and can't wait to really start see'ing some results now.

DeadBolt said:
Leg Raise
selfx10
selfx10
****I need a way to add weight to this, was thinking of just using the dipping belt and wrap it around my ankles. What do ya think?
I use a low pulley cable with a short straight bar. Rest the bar on top of your feet at the ankles. Maybe it will work for you .

gwcaton said:
I use a low pulley cable with a short straight bar. Rest the bar on top of your feet at the ankles. Maybe it will work for you .

I do these hanging. I think its called the roman chair or something like that....used for dips and leg raises. Elbows on the pads and lift the legs straight forming a 90 degree angle at the hips. But what you says sounds good.

DeadBolt said:
I do these hanging. I think its called the roman chair or something like that....used for dips and leg raises. Elbows on the pads and lift the legs straight forming a 90 degree angle at the hips. But what you says sounds good.

Try using a dumbell between your ankles. I'm sure you can use up to a 20lb dumbell to make it harder.

BTW - I like your program. I did something very similar for a few months.

:thumb:

Wow I never thought of that...thanks YM. I can't wait till friday now to try it out. I wont be able to go 20lbs though. I managed 10 with strict form but no more. I will try 10 then work my way up to a 20.

Thanks
Tom

Yep well today was an off day----7/27/04----and I wish it really was that. I sweat more today then I ever do in the gym. I had a search and rescue training day for fire school. In the pouring rain then going and crawling around with this gear and all these tools and shit boy I am beat now. Had to change half way through the day b/c my gear was soaked from sweat.

Tomorrow should be even worse because we are doing live fire runs with victims. So now imagine crawling around with massive amount of soaked gear in a burning building while carrying an instructor out....and these intructors have never heard of a "diet" before. Then going into the gym for legs, having a department meeting for the firehouse, and studying for a midterm all in one day. My mind is gonna be so taxed tomorrow...I have a feeling I'll be like a zombi at the end of the night.

If I get a chance I am going to take a picture of all the stuff I have to wear into the building for you guys just so you can see what its like.

Looks good Deadbolt! When I lived in Ohio, a good friend of mine was a volunteer firefighter. I know a bit about what you're going through. You guys are true heros.

Let me know how you make out with the abs. I'm experimenting with the same kinda thing. Couldn't tell you if it's working since my abs are shy and are still hiding from me. Hopefully next cutting cycle will change that. On power week I've been doing crunches on a decline bench with a plate on my chest, and kneeling crunches on a cable machine.

Yea I will keep everyone updated on the results but they wont show until I start to cut. I was suppose to do legs today but that was never gonna happen. Had some serious fire training today and I'm burnt up. They said the room topped off at about 800 degrees and I felt every bit of it. I was so tired after drilling in that heat I could barely manage to eat let alone do legs. I will have to cram this week but its something thats got to get done. Not to mention I have first degree burns all over my legs and hands from the intense fires. I started shouting for a baister and tongs b/c I was ready to be flipped. I also got minor burns all over the rest of my body b/c the inside of my gear got so hot it caused the sweat to turn to steam and burnt the inside of my jacket and pants. If you ever watch cartoons and see the steam coming oout of their ears..well that was me but it was coming from my neck and head. If someone wants to feel that type of heat, crank your oven all the way up and open the door while you wear an aluminum suit and while sitting there think to yourself this is what tom had to sit in for 45 mins while waiting his turn to go into the inferno. The crawl into the oven for 10 minutes and thats what it might feel like...maybe a little hotter.

My worst fear is burning alive....go figure I'm a fireman.....and to be honest with you I now know what its like. It hurts like SOB....and I still can't feel my hands b/c they got so burned. They just tingle.

OK I'm so damn tired I need a few hours of sleep...I will explain some mores stuff tomorrow.

IML Gear Cream!

ankle weights maybe??

How about trying to do sets of 50 instead of 10.

good workouts.

P-funk said:
ankle weights maybe??

How about trying to do sets of 50 instead of 10.

good workouts.
That could work but I am shooting for that whole theory of power/rep range/shock thing. Heavy weights low reps etc....I just want to see if the theory applies to abs as well as it does for all other muscles...more so in me then anyone else.

I remember while attending the Police Academy, we went to a fire training area to do a couple of days of fire safety/awareness courses and watching some of the obstacle courses you guys had was pretty insane.

I mean, I thought running in the mountains for 7-8 miles was bad, but doing all that with gear on.

No thanks :)

DeadBolt said:
That could work but I am shooting for that whole theory of power/rep range/shock thing. Heavy weights low reps etc....I just want to see if the theory applies to abs as well as it does for all other muscles...more so in me then anyone else.

Of courdse heavy ab work will work to improve core strength. Instead of doing lying leg raises plao a heavy dumbell on your chest and try and cranck out some sit ups.

P-funk said:
Of courdse heavy ab work will work to improve core strength. Instead of doing lying leg raises plao a heavy dumbell on your chest and try and cranck out some sit ups.

Will that hit the lower abs as well as the leg lifts? The heavy cable crunches really kick my ass heh...but if the situps will hit them hard enough thats fine. I was just loking to make sure I hit all of em.

camarosuper6 said:
I remember while attending the Police Academy, we went to a fire training area to do a couple of days of fire safety/awareness courses and watching some of the obstacle courses you guys had was pretty insane.

I mean, I thought running in the mountains for 7-8 miles was bad, but doing all that with gear on.

No thanks :)

Yea we have the new cadets coming into the police academy by us and we were watching them...it looked tuff but was nothing compared to what we were doing on the fire grounds. Provided mine only lasts 4-5 weeks its hell every day. I will be back later tonight to post my lifts and experince from today but lets say I have cuts on my shoulders from lifting ladders that I can almost see bone!..........................I guess this is why we have people come from all over the country to come to our county academy...its suppose to be one of the best in the USA.

No such thing as lower abs. The rectus abdominus is one muscle that contract two way (top to bottom and bottom to top). No matter what there is no such thing as targeting the lower portion of that muscle (it be like saying you could work on the part of your bicep near your elbow one day and the part by your shoulder the next). The upper portion of the rectus is more superficial (bigger muscles, closer to the skin). The lower portion is less superficial (deep inside and far from the skin) which is why it is usually the last part you see and almost always has a small layer of fat hanging over it. Strict Strct dieting will expose that. As far as core strength goes do either leg lifts or situps (weighted). The only reason to do abs is to make them stronger and increase your core strength. To see them you need to diet for it. No such thing as targeting one area or the other.

P-funk said:
No such thing as lower abs. The rectus abdominus is one muscle that contract two way (top to bottom and bottom to top). No matter what there is no such thing as targeting the lower portion of that muscle (it be like saying you could work on the part of your bicep near your elbow one day and the part by your shoulder the next). The upper portion of the rectus is more superficial (bigger muscles, closer to the skin). The lower portion is less superficial (deep inside and far from the skin) which is why it is usually the last part you see and almost always has a small layer of fat hanging over it. Strict Strct dieting will expose that. As far as core strength goes do either leg lifts or situps (weighted). The only reason to do abs is to make them stronger and increase your core strength. To see them you need to diet for it. No such thing as targeting one area or the other.

IC IC. I know they are one muscle but I thought certain excercises hit a certain portion more then the other...even though it works the entire stomach...thanks p-funk. And yes I know to see em you need lower bodyfat and I am just trying to build my core up now b/c I neglected them for so long.

Ok heres Thursdays Legs 7-29-04

Legs:
Squat
135x6
155x6
155x6

Leg Press
450x5
450x3
450x5

Single Leg Ext
60x5
60x6

Lying Leg Curl
70x6
80x6
90x6

SLDL
135x6
135x5

It felt good to get back to regular squats with the BB. Tuff to get as low but I'm working on it again and managed to get at least parallel if not lower. Overall my quad lifts sucked I think....leg press went way down....and leg ext as well. I think it may be my diet b/c I don't get to eat as much but hey not everything can be perfect. Hams felt great and knees weren't bothering me much. I hope the weeks to come go better though.

And heres my back lifts I did today 7-30-04

Back:
Deadlift
175x6
205x4
205x4

Bent BB Row
100x6
100x6
110x6

Chin
assist#7x6
assist#7x6

CG Seated Row
150x6
150x5

BB Shrugs
185x8
225x6
225x6

Neck Flexion
20x15
25x12

Lateral Flexion
10x15 both side of neck

Cable Crunch
150x8
150x8
150x8

Weighted Leg Lift
+5x6
+5x6
+5x8

Man this was an awsome day. I think b/c I had to lift ladders all day my back was nice and warm b/c I got rite in the gym and started kicking ass. My deads actually went up to an all new high which is awsome. Same with the Bent Row. CG Row and Chin went down a lil but I'm happy with the results. I didn't have anyone to help spot me for chins but hopefully next time I will.

Neck work is awsome. Every rep makes it feel like your neck is just exploding and growing right then and there. I hope these lifts bring some more size to my neck. LOL everyone was looking at me like I was a fool...I was getting a kick out of it.

IML Gear Cream!
Good luck with your goals man, workouts are looking solid! :thumb:

End of power week w/ arms 7-31-04

Bi's
BB Curl
60x6
60x6
60x6

Preacher-inside ez curl grip
50x6
60x4

Hammer's
30'sx6
35'sx4

Incline CG Bench
115x5
115x4
115x4
****these are much harder then flat presses. I don't know if it hit the tri's as hard but it felt good. I will stick with them to see if my results hinder. I was shocked at the dificulty they gave me even at such a low weight. They also added some unwanted pressure on my neck and traps even with proper form, I was not lifting my head or body up at all. I never felt that with incline presses for chest though. We'll see next time.

Skull Crushers
35'sx6
35'sx5

Single Arm Ext.
25x6
25x6
****These use to kill my shouldes but I decided to attempt them again, they no longer bother me. They are odd at first but I think they will work out for me...once I get my form down and adjust to them hopefully I can increase the weight some, but for now I'm staying light to watch my form and keep my shoulders from bothering me again.

Wrist Curls
50x10
60x...
70x...

Revers Curls
30x8
30x6

****this was the first time I really directly worked forearms with BB's. I was fine with the 50lb but when I went for my next set I got distracted and grabed the 70 first w/o realizing it. I was talking to an old buddy. I barely got any on that so then I attempted the 60 after I noticed I had the 70 and my forearms were spent so I just held the BB's out until I couldn't hold them anymore to burn my forearms out. Next week I will pay more attention heh.

MonStar said:
Good luck with your goals man, workouts are looking solid! :thumb:

Thanks bro...its always awsome to get compliments from you guys/gals.

Wow feels good to be able to out run my family now heh. I was walking my English Pointer we use for hunting and he decided to try to escape the pen. Ok its a massive lot we let him run around in with fence all the way around it, but at one spot there is a big gap under the fence. I was at one end of the lot and he was at the other, as we saw him start to dig we all took off. It had to be at least 65 yards and I took off.

I was never a runner my whole life and haven't actualy ran in about 5 year, a serious run that is. It felt great to run again not havng any knee problems, and the feeling of passing my whole family as they died out of exhaustion was a great feeling heh. It only took me a few seconds it seemed to get to my dog and I coulda kept running for ever it felt like. Just had to say I love running heh....and to be able to catch up to a running English Pointer is a damn great feat if you know anything about dogs.

Ok I know I'm bulking now but is there a way I could get some running in for endurance purposes? I am a true endo, hold fat very easily, so I figured a little cardio wont hurt to much or am I wrong? Also what would you suggest for my running, sprints, long dist running, moderate,.....etc? Endurance is one thing I want for the fire dept. but that initial burst of speed is something that would be nice to have. Endurance is top priority though I would say b/c I don't need the fast sprints, being able to keep moving and doing something exhausting for a longer period of time is much more apealing with all the activities I do; hunting, paintballing, working, fire dept, rec sports, etc.... So whats everyone suggest?

Rep Range 8-3-04 Chest/Shoulders

Had a hell of a bad day at school, lots of physical work. Also the diet is catching up to me with not eating nearly enough cals, not even for a cut. I'm lucky if I get 3 meals in. I ussually take an EC stack for days like this but I forgot this day, boy I regret that.

Worst chest day ever.

Incline BB Press
115x6
115x6
115x6
****such a drop in weight but I had minimal energy here so I couldn't manage anything.

Flat BB Press
115x8
125x8
125x7
****I actually lost the last set, had to bail out. Tried to force that last 8th rep and couldn't make it up and got stuck, some guy across the gym saw me in time and grabed it before I hurt myself......boy I felt like the biggest dick! Its only the second time this has EVER happened to me, once the first day I ever BB benched and this day. During my cut I was having the best lifts of my life eating 7 times a day and focusing on my lifts 100%....got up to 155x6 for flat with no problems. Now look at me...I can barely lift my arms its pathetic. People think I am sick or something b/c I am not myself.

Fly
30'sx10
30'sx12

Had a horrible chest day but a decent shoulder workout.

Single Arm Milt. Press
35x6
35x6
****pre-exhausted from the BB presses, not use to it yet.

Bent Lateral
25'sx10
30'sx9
30'sx8
****these were feeling awsome and I guess it was the sight that kept me pumped. I was amazed by all the muscle fibers and veins popping out while doing these that just got me so hyped to keep going lol....yea its that little stuff that keeps a noob going.

Side Cable
20x10
30x8<<forced reps

Machine Crunch
110x12
120x12

Twist Crunch
+10x12
+10x12

Knee Raise
+10x12<<DB

Abs were great and I love this new thing I'm doing with them. I really think its gonna work out for me b/c I am feeling great after doing these excercises, really gets me sore.

Overall shitty chest day, shoulder were so so, and abs were awsome. I really can't handle this stuff anymore. I am actually losing weight now, in 2 weeks I lost 3lbs. And I'm not getting skinnier, I think I'm losing overall LBM as well as strength. Another week or so and I will be back to a solid diet and I can't wait. Some clean eating with proper food cources. Someone say a prayer for me or something b/c I need it, I feel like shit in the gym sometimes and I'm losing motivation while I'm in there. Its just a bad feeling and I feel even worse when I don't go to the gym so its like a lose lose situation.

Don't worry about it DB, we all have bad workouts, move on, no big deal. Have a balls to the wall chest day next time bro. Hang in there. :thumb:

RR Legs 8-4-04

Well today was one hell of a day for me. I think I had like a billion carbs lol...sorta like a fake carb up b/c I have no set diet but I think it worked. Legs felt really strong but I didn't want to push the weights with my school and all.....especially with legs kinda need those on the fire ground lol. Here it is:

Leg Ext.
130x8
140x8

Hack Squat
135x10
165x10
205x10
****yea baby all new high for me and I could have gone higher maybe another 20-30lbs. I started low not knowing what I could handle but tried to catch up...never managed it heh.

Single Leg Press
130x12
140x12
140x12

LLC
70x8
80x8
90x6<<oops did one to many sets here but oh well felt good.

SLDL
135x10
135x10

Single Leg Curl
50x9
****only did one b/c my hams were pretty tired and I did that extra LLC so I wasn't to worried here.

Overall it was a great day in the gym...makes up for the bad chest day. I hope the rest of this week stays like this. I managed to eat a solid 4 times today and am so happy. I was just able to get a ton of food heh....makes up for the past few days where I've only been getting 1 or 2 meals.

Been watching your Journal since you started (I'm about where you were at your starting point, so now I'm playing "catch-up":)), And I gotta say your making good progress...very good progress.

I do feel your pain with Fire Training...I went through the Fire Academy a few years before the Police Academy, while the P.A. was challenging, the F.A. was just outright brutal (we live in the same general area, so I know what those hot & humid days are like in the burn building).

cops25 said:
Been watching your Journal since you started (I'm about where you were at your starting point, so now I'm playing "catch-up":)), And I gotta say your making good progress...very good progress.

I do feel your pain with Fire Training...I went through the Fire Academy a few years before the Police Academy, while the P.A. was challenging, the F.A. was just outright brutal (we live in the same general area, so I know what those hot & humid days are like in the burn building).

Awsome I love having followers, especially those who are in the same boat as I am. Gains are slow but they are coming along little by little. Which academy did you go through? Your the first person I know of around here that knows what I'm talkin about heh.

Over here in Pa...Edison (Jamesburg, whatever they're calling it now) Bucks Police and Fire Training Center.
I never got into it as much as I thought I would...Got this thing with heights (found that out during rapelling). Go figure...I can have a knife pulled on me, and not think twice, but I cant stand by a third floor window without getting [size=-1]palpitations[/size]...:eek:

Back