• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

glutamine + protein = bloat?

nof8

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I was wondering if it was normal to feel bloated
after taking protein and glutamine all day long?

I usually take one serving of protein and 1/8
a teaspoon of glutamine, 3 times a day.
First thing in the morning (~8am), after a
workout (~6pm), and another before bed
(~midnight).

I feel a little better if I skip a serving of
glutamine, but I still have lots of gas.
Even up to a day after the last cocktail.

I hope this isn't normal, because I don't
like the feeling of "having to take the kids
to the pool" all day long.

What brand of Glutamine and Protein are you using ?

Sometimes poor quality protein initiates stomach cramps and bloating, as well as that it is possible that you are adding to the effect by taking too much glutamine. I have read that taking Glutamine twice a day is optimal , furthermore it is possible that the protein you have also got glutamine in your protein to add to the problem

I eat all kinds of protein,drink lots of water,and take 15 grams of Glutamine everyday.Feel pumped.Only get bloated if I overeat but doesn't last more than a couple hours.Volume equals mass.

I agree w/silencer
Look at the quality of protien that you are using. Alot of people get cramps or bloat when they take in a poor quality of protien due to the milk product in it. You could try some isolate protien and see if that helps. I have never heard of glut bloating someone, I does upset some peoples stomachs but not bloating.
Try just takin your glut(5 Grams) before bed and after a workout.

I would have to agree with Silencer and DWI, I have been taking glutamine and protein supps for awhile and I have never had those probs. But I had something close, in the morn when I would make my oatmeal if I didn't let it "cook" long enough it would expand in my stomach causing me to feel bloated. Now the first thing I do is start my oatmeal first thing when I get up then get ready and eat just before I leave. So far so good :)

Ive heard something about this problem. When glutamine is taken at wrong dosages I believe it is disturbing to the stomach probably because the cells are fighting to get theyr own share. I dont know the technical details but my opinion is you should up your glutamine take and see how that goes. Good Luck!

I take glutamine routinely at over 15 gms daily. I also do high quality proteins and occasional protein shakes that contain glutamine (Myoplex Deluxe). I have not experienced any bloating at.

I'm still wondering how on gods green earth somebody can suffer any side effect from Glutamine :confused:

Well I suspect there are people out there that think its close enough to other things to warrant an attempt at snorting it... :rofl: :rofl:

Damn them bad bad supplement companies have mixed up the directors batch of heroine with a customers Glutamine!!!:eek:

Joke!!! :D

IML Gear Cream!
i also get bloated with glutamine and have tried different doses,we dont all react to everything in the same way so i dont think its unimaginable that some may bloat from glutamine and some may not.

Why do you need so much Glutamine? You are taking whey & it has plenty of Glutamine in it.

Back