• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Glutamine

IML Gear Cream!
hey gopro i just started taking L-Glutamine and i always wake up in the middle of the night and cant go back to sleep no matter how much i try =/ its real annoying, should i not take glutamine before bed time. should i just take a little before workout and a little after workout?

BigKid1212 said:
hey gopro i just started taking L-Glutamine and i always wake up in the middle of the night and cant go back to sleep no matter how much i try =/ its real annoying, should i not take glutamine before bed time. should i just take a little before workout and a little after workout?

Well, I have never heard of glutamine waking anyone up, but perhaps you are an exception. Take it out before bed and see if this changes anything. Switch to taking it first thing in the morning and before and after workouts.

While taking 15 grams of glutamine daily I noticed a major decrease in muscle soreness and hardly got sick.

same with me bud and i train intense i love my supersetting. ive been off sup's for a while and always had major to a little soreing. but i feel great after taking L glut for a while, i have a hell of alot of energy too. that must be keeping me up at night while supping witt it. but hey gopro another Q. what do i take L glute with , fruit juices , milk, water? which is the best choice, thanks. :D

Regarding the scientific studies that show little benefit to glutamine supplementation vs placebo, and the theorizing that normal high protein diets sufficiently supply the body with natural glutamine, rendering additional supplementation redundant...

I believe this is why the advice to take glutamine on an empty stomach is sound. We already know the benefits of eating 5-6 small meals per day vs 3 main meals per day when weight training. Is it not logical then to conclude that taking glutamine in between the 5-6 small meals throughout a course of a day may also "fill in the gaps" and be beneficial to building lean muscle mass? I think so.

I would question when the studies directed the subjects to injest the glutamine. If during meals it is likely that the body does what it usually does when it is faced with too much quantity of any nutritional component in a single sitting: it passes through unused.

Consider if someone could drip feed glutamine in a serum through an IV feed 24 hours a day for a bodybuilder. Would having this most vital amino acid available at the body's calling be beneficial in repairing damaged muscle tissues? Of course. By the same logic I would surmise that supplementing glutamine in between meals on an empty stomach would be the way to go. Arnold seems to suggest this according to his Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding book.

BigKid1212 said:
same with me bud and i train intense i love my supersetting. ive been off sup's for a while and always had major to a little soreing. but i feel great after taking L glut for a while, i have a hell of alot of energy too. that must be keeping me up at night while supping witt it. but hey gopro another Q. what do i take L glute with , fruit juices , milk, water? which is the best choice, thanks. :D

You can take it with water or with fruit juice (just remember the extra sugar calories in there). As long as you do not take it with protein you are ok (unless you use glutamine peptides in which case it can be taken with protein).

DamnHardGainer said:
Regarding the scientific studies that show little benefit to glutamine supplementation vs placebo, and the theorizing that normal high protein diets sufficiently supply the body with natural glutamine, rendering additional supplementation redundant...

I believe this is why the advice to take glutamine on an empty stomach is sound. We already know the benefits of eating 5-6 small meals per day vs 3 main meals per day when weight training. Is it not logical then to conclude that taking glutamine in between the 5-6 small meals throughout a course of a day may also "fill in the gaps" and be beneficial to building lean muscle mass? I think so.

I would question when the studies directed the subjects to injest the glutamine. If during meals it is likely that the body does what it usually does when it is faced with too much quantity of any nutritional component in a single sitting: it passes through unused.

Consider if someone could drip feed glutamine in a serum through an IV feed 24 hours a day for a bodybuilder. Would having this most vital amino acid available at the body's calling be beneficial in repairing damaged muscle tissues? Of course. By the same logic I would surmise that supplementing glutamine in between meals on an empty stomach would be the way to go. Arnold seems to suggest this according to his Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding book.

Some of my best progress occurs when I take small amounts of glutamine/BCAAs/creatine between every meal of the day. Also, when dieting, this strategy will keep you from getting hungry and will keep energy up, muscles full, and will aid in fat loss.

Jesus, I can't wait till GlutTech comes out.

Back