• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

How many of you do karate?

Ms Figure

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I used to go tai kwon do twice a week and loved it but since i started wanting to compete in figure comps and weight train 6 days a week i found it was interfering in my recovery do any of you find that with the sports / karate you do!

Big Time!!! :D I used to do karate and I was always complaining about how sore i was, LOL. Now I only do kickboxing/bag work/pad work. It's not as painful as kata :D LOL

yes I train Karate and this does deter from muscle building a little.
speed is more important for Karate than muscle. also much power is generated from focus such as breaking a board that is only standing on edge, unsupported. This is easy if you have good focus but impossible if you use your strength from a weight training motion. Then the board just gets knocked away from you. The moral of the story is "being a freight train is only good if you have train tracks to go evrywhere you want." hehehehe.
So my muscle building is focused on joint strenght and trying to combine muscle development with a pyrometric motion and Im very intrested in growing in this area of training. most of the training I know is old school and rather brutal. This is good for pain theshhold developement but doesnt really make muscle. suggestions would be nice. my skin is rather thick so feel free to critisize if you must.

being a pyro

OOPS plyometric not pyro I guess my love for fire is showing

I had to change around my leg workouts and lower my lifting to 3 times a week. It was just too hard to recover trying to maximize both. I definitely feel your pain kid.

Back