• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

how many times should i workout a week?

JohnWayne

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
How many time should i workout a week? i do four times a week but i am afraid i am over working myself because i have been working out for a year and a feww months now and have not seen much improvment, is it normal to not be that buff after a year and a few months workout?

I do weights 5X a week-only 1 body part per week, and dont think thats overtraining at all. Cardio a couple of times a week. Have you tried increasing your weight at all?

If you have been workoing out for over a year without any breaks of at least one week in training, I'd recommend a break.

Muscle development takes time but you should notice changes in a years time. Perhaps your body is too used to your rotuine and you need to change things up a bit.

If you havent taken any breaks, I would consider doing so:)

I used to have that problem. Overtraining, that is. Sure fire way to know you are overtraining (for me at least) is that I do not have a good night sleep after a long day at work and a good work out.

Originally posted by JohnWayne
How many time should i workout a week? i do four times a week but i am afraid i am over working myself because i have been working out for a year and a feww months now and have not seen much improvment, is it normal to not be that buff after a year and a few months workout?

There is no definitive answer on how many days you should train, regardless I do believe that 2 days of rest should be a rule of thumb, the only exception is contest prep. If I am "bulking" I do not train more than 4 days per week, cutting I train 6 days per week.

As far as not seeing much improvement in a year of training, well I guess I would have to know exactly what you have been doing the last year, not only training but diet as well. Also, how long have you been lifting? If you're a newbie you should see quite a bit of improvement in a year providing that you're training and eating correctly.

Prince said it pretty well.

Its a number of factors. Are you on a cycle or a pro-horomone or pro-steroid or are you natural?

Are you going to failure, or shy of failure.

Strength training, or hypertrophy?

There are many things you would need to take into consideration before deciding.

Check out the different programs by doing a search. Try searching for :

HST (Hypertrophy Specific Training)
Dual Factor Training
MAX-OT
H.I.T.
5x5
Go-Pro Workouts

These are some good popular methods you can read up on

Good luck!

my guess is that you simply aren't eating enough. this seems to always be the case with me. i have to pig out, about 4000 calories a day, to gain any weight at all and gain strength. and i only work out 2-3 days a week.

Back