• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

I am slowly dying here....

IML Gear Cream!
Could it be that PM Notification got corrupted? Because I had a flashing New Message but never received any notification....

RedHat Linux of course. :p

No it did not crash or reboot, and I have several MySql databases, this is the only one that had issues.

I was using Fedora 2 and had nothing but problems. I switched to SuSE, I know I know, its not even designed for web servers, but it worked great. I also liked being able to build custom firewall rules using IP tables.

I was using Fedora 2 and had nothing but problems. I switched to SuSE, I know I know, its not even designed for web servers, but it worked great. I also liked being able to build custom firewall rules using IP tables.

IP Tables is the core of linux firewalls. It exists in probably all distros.

Fedora has also come a long way since Fedora 2. Fedora 9 is pretty damn good, although I do still prefer apt as a package manager (it's just so damn easy).

But SuSE, Ubuntu, Fedora, whatever - it can all be designed for a web server. The only major differences in distros are package choices and file locations, almost any of them can be an effective DB server, web server, whatever server.

You know that when I was part of the Linux/Unix Advocates/Users (LUAU) I got to work with Warren Togami back then he had just graduated from High School and was starting up a Linux Thin Client for Schools Program the kid was one of the brightest people I've ever met....now he's working at RedHat Inc. as a Software Engineer, I knew he would go far just from meeting him a handful of times....

If IM dies I'll leave the country.

Back