• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Is there such a thing as a healthy breakfast cereal???

IML Gear Cream!
Some smoke ciggies all their life with no problems too ... others are not as lucky.

Point is we are trying to learn a better way to eat and live longer. Soy is not good for that goal with the increased estrogen.

Too each his/her own though.

or you can't answer it. She's older then you and she is doing fine. Might I also add we have no history of any kind of breats cancer or cardiovascular disease, so i dont see how an increase in estrogen is harming us at all. Maybe it's bad for some people, god knows it hasn;t done jack shit to anyone in my family,

I think the one i had was Kashi Go Lean Crunch...which was a grain based cereal and didn't have soy. I can't remeber for sure though. It has been a long time since i ate cereal.

Uncle sam is good too.

What do you eat then P? Steelcut old fashioned oats?
Personally I have either oats as I suggested in Breaskfast Ideas, thread or bran flakes with fruit.

All good ideas. I've eaten the Go Lean Krunch before and it was delicious with the 1% milk (skim is the devil, soy tastes terrible to me). I'm wondering what a scoop of the whey in there would taste like heated up or cold. Just thinking of ways to get 30-40g of protein in this little bowl of goodness.

What do you eat then P? Steelcut old fashioned oats?
Personally I have either oats as I suggested in Breaskfast Ideas, thread or bran flakes with fruit.

I eat

eggs
sprouted whole grain bread
some fruit

or you can't answer it. She's older then you and she is doing fine. Might I also add we have no history of any kind of breats cancer or cardiovascular disease, so i dont see how an increase in estrogen is harming us at all. Maybe it's bad for some people, god knows it hasn;t done jack shit to anyone in my family,
can't answer what?

BTW - women close to menopause need the estrogen, you and I don't.

I dont know. I dont think it's fair to say that estrogen is bad for me when you dont know my family history or if we've even experienced side affects from it. It's like saying taking melatonin is bad for you. Hell, It's like saying any medication is bad for you, they all have side affects, but that doesn't mean it threatens my health

I dont know. I dont think it's fair to say that estrogen is bad for me when you dont know my family history or if we've even experienced side affects from it. It's like saying taking melatonin is bad for you. Hell, It's like saying any medication is bad for you, they all have side affects, but that doesn't mean it threatens my health
The thing is that you don't know if its going to affect you or not and hormones issues are not really hereditary either. So just because nobody else in your family had problems doesn't mean you won't.

As BC sort of said you never know so why take the chance.

IML Gear Cream!
Yah, I don't know. Most people don't know how meds will affect them until they start taking them...that's pretty obvious. But it hasn;t negatively affected me or anyone i know, so to me your advice isn't very sound

I eat

eggs
sprouted whole grain bread
some fruit

Never seen sprouted grain in English supermarkets, the bread in health food stores is beyond my means money wise. Would wholemeal/granary be ok?

Ezekiel is a brand of sprouted bread. Usually kept in the freezer section.

Yah, I don't know. Most people don't know how meds will affect them until they start taking them...that's pretty obvious. But it hasn;t negatively affected me or anyone i know, so to me your advice isn't very sound
How can you say my advice isn't sound when it's a medical/scientific facts? :hmmm: You don't believe in that either?

How can you say my advice isn't sound when it's a medical/scientific facts? :hmmm: You don't believe in that either?

Hell no.. Those evil witch doctors.:nerd:

Ezekiel is a brand of sprouted bread. Usually kept in the freezer section.

The only bread I've seen in the freezers locally is rice bread. Rye Bread is something like £3 for eight slices

Hell no.. Those evil witch doctors.:nerd:
The funny thing is it's the frauds, and those that can't prove scientifically, that say soy is really good for you. :no: People actually fall for that shit :rolleyes:

It's better for you then real dairy, which practically rots in your stomach. And it was a doctor who perscribed BC to me...so....
like i said, most perscriptions/medicines have some kind of side affect, as for they are not natural. so pretty much any perscription your taking jodi, you should throw it in a sacraficial fire and dance around it screaming your blasphemies.

Are you kidding me? Dairy does not rot in your stomach. Show the facts instead of false blatant statements like that.

You really need to get out there and read because you are so far off from the facts.

Of course a doctor will prescribe birth control but why? For birth control or for menstrual cycle regulation?

how does milk rot in your stomach? ugh.

can someone just post some studies on soy? i am at work and bored today.

IML Gear Cream!
also, full studies if we can get them....not fucking abstracts because that is usually pretty lame.

if you can't get teh full study, I will try and obtain it.

Are you kidding me? Dairy does not rot in your stomach. Show the facts instead of false blatant statements like that.

You really need to get out there and read because you are so far off from the facts.

Of course a doctor will prescribe birth control but why? For birth control or for menstrual cycle regulation?

Regulation, but they dont say it's detremental to your helath when you get iot. My idea of something REALLY bad for you is something a doctor has to sit you down and tlk to you about the long term affects of it. You're no doctor Jodi. You can;t just go around saying something is bad for you when you don't even know my medical history
whoopty do
i drink soy
I'm not dieing
im not breaking out in blemishes or rashes
I highly HIGHLY doubt it is going to affect me that much when I'm in my 30's, especially when alot of people in my family have taken BC and havent had any problems with it.
Dont preach to me. If I was ever concerned about it in the least then i wouldnt be taking it.

We did a thread on milk a few weeks back that wound up being a soy thread as well ... take a gander. All our current comments pertaining to soy in this thread were sorta covered in that one.

I agree with Jodi here on this one though. After reading a few hours of data online it really did seem to me that the same marketing techniques the tobacco companies used were in play here with the soy industry. Kinda pissed me off.

Regulation, but they dont say it's detremental to your helath when you get iot. My idea of something REALLY bad for you is something a doctor has to sit you down and tlk to you about the long term affects of it. You're no doctor Jodi. You can;t just go around saying something is bad for you when you don't even know my medical history
whoopty do
i drink soy
I'm not dieing
I highly HIGHLY doubt it is going to affect me that much when I'm in my 30's, especially when alot of people in my family have taken BC and havent had any problems with it.
Dont preach to me. If I was ever concerned about it in the least then i wouldnt be taking it.
Grow up will ya! I'm not a doctor but it doesn't take a doctor to know that soy is bad for you. Do you know smoking is bad for you or do you need a doctor to say that too? Do you know alcohol and drugs are bad too or do you need a doctor for that too? Get what I'm saying here? It's common knowledge that soy is not good for you. I will come in here and preach what I know. You don't like, don't listen!

Oh and grow up!

Milk and dairy

"Now we come to one of the most controversial and misunderstood items in the Western diet.

Orientals and Africans have traditionally avoided milk- except as a purgative. But in the Western world, people are told to drink milk everyday throughout their lives.

If we look at nature, we see that the young feed exclusively on milk until weaned away from it with other foods. The natural disappearance of the milk-digesting enzyme lactase from the human system upon reaching maturity proves that adult humans have no more nutritional need for milk than adult tigers or chimpanzees.

Though milk is a complete protein food when consumed raw, it also contains fat, which means that it combines poorly with any other food except itself. Yet adults today routinely 'wash down' other foods with cold milk. Milk curdles immediately upon entering the stomach, so if there is other food present the curds coagulate around other food particles and insulate them from exposure to gastric juices, delaying digestion long enough to permit the onset of putrefaction. Therefore, the first and foremost rule of milk consumption is, 'Drink it alone, or leave it alone.'

Today, milk is made even more indigestible by the universal practice of pasteurization, which destroys its natural enzymes and alters its delicate proteins.

Raw milk contains the active enzymes lactase and lipase, which permit raw milk to digest itself. Pasteurized milk, which is devitalized of lactase and other active enzymes, simply can not be properly digested by adult stomachs, and even infants have trouble with it, as evidenced by colic, rashes, respiratory ailments, gas and other common ailments of bottle-fed babies. The lack of enzymes and alteration of vital proteins also renders the calcium and other mineral elements in milk largely unassailable.

During the 1930's, Dr. Francis M. Pottenger conducted a 10-year study on the relative effects of pasteurized and raw milk diets on 900 cats. One group received nothing but raw whole milk, while the other was fed nothing but pasteurized whole milk from the same source.

The raw milk group thrived, remaining healthy, active and alert throughout their lives, but the group fed on pasteurized milk soon became listless, confused and highly vulnerable to a host of chronic degenerative ailments normally associated with humans, including heart disease, kidney failure, thyroid dysfunction, respiratory ailments, loss of teeth, brittle bones, liver inflammation, etc.

But what caught Dr. Pottenger's attention most was what happened to the second and third generations.

The first offspring of the pasteurized milk group were all born with poor teeth and small, weak bones- a clear cut sign of calcium deficiency, which indicated lack of calcium absorption from pasteurized milk.

The offspring of the raw milk group remained as healthy as their parents.

Many of the kittens in third generation of the pasteurized group were stillborn, while those that survived were all sterile and unable to reproduce.

The experiment had to end there because there was no fourth generation of cats fed on pasteurized milk, although the raw milk group continued to breed and thrive indefinitely.

If that is insufficient proof of the ill effects of pasteurized milk, take note of the fact even that newborn calves fed on pasteurized milk taken from their own mother cows usually die within six months, a fact which the commercial dairy industry is loathe to admit.

Despite such scientific evidence in favor of raw milk and against pasteurized milk, and despite the fact that until the early twentieth century the human species thrived on raw milk, it is actually illegal to sell raw milk to consumers in all but a few states in America today.

It is far more profitable to the dairy industry to pasteurize milk to extend its shelf-life, though such denatured milk does nothing whatsoever to extend human life.

Furthermore, pasteurization renders milk from sick cows in unsanitary dairies relatively 'harmless' by killing some, but not all, dangerous germs, and this too cuts costs for the dairy industry.

It required only three generations for Dr. Pottenger's pasteurized milk fed cats to become sterile and enfeebled. That's about how many generations of Americans and Europeans have fed on pasteurized milk. Today, infertility has become a major problem for your American couples, while calcium deficiency has become so rampant that over 90 percent of all American children suffer chronic tooth decay.

To make things worse, milk is now routinely 'homogenized' to prevent the cream from separating from the milk. This involves the fragmentation and pulverization of the fat molecules to the point that they will not separate from the rest of the milk. But it also permits there tiny fragments of milk fat to easily pass through the villa of the small intestine, greatly increasing the amount of denatured fat and cholesterol absorbed by the body. In fact, you absorb more milk-fat from homogenized milk than you do from pure cream!

Women worried about osteoporosis should take note of these facts about pasteurized milk products. That such denatured milk does not deliver sufficient calcium to prevent this condition is abundantly evident from the fact that American women, who consume great quantities of pasteurized milk products, suffer the world's highest incidence of osteoporosis.

Raw cabbage, for example, supplies far more available calcium than any quantity of pasteurized milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, or any other denatured dairy product.

Recent studies at the Human Research Centre in Grand Folks, North Dakota, indicates that the element boron is also an essential factor in absorbing calcium from food and utilizing it to build bones.

Even more noteworthy, the level of estrogen in the blood of women given sufficient quantities of boron more than doubled, eliminating the need for estrogen replacement therapy, which is a common stopgap measure against osteoporosis in the West. And where do we find boron? In fresh fruits and vegetables, especially apples, pears, grapes, nuts, cabbage, and other leafy vegetables, where we also find calcium. Nature has already provided abundant sources of all the vital nutrients we need in synergetic form, but man insists on cooking and processing them to death, and then wonders why his diet doesn't 'work'.

Adults should seriously reconsider milk as a constitute of their daily diets, unless they are able to obtain raw certified milk, which is an excellent food.

To stuff children with pasteurized milk in order to make them grow 'strong and healthy' is sheer folly, because they simply cannot assimilate the nutrients.

Indeed men, women, and children alike should eliminate all pasteurized dairy products from their diets, for these denatured dairy products only gum up the intestines with layer upon layer of slimy sludge that interferes with the absorption of organic nutrients."

whoopty do
i drink soy
I'm not dieing
Chill out don'tstop. She wasn't initially talking TO you. Jodi did what she is here to do and that is advise the members on the merits of anything dietary. You stomped in and took it sideways. Relax, take a deep breath, and say ooohhhhmmmmmmm till all is well again. Or maybe have a glass of soy milk and a smoke.

Grow up will ya! I'm not a doctor but it doesn't take a doctor to know that soy is bad for you. Do you know smoking is bad for you or do you need a doctor to say that too? Do you know alcohol and drugs are bad too or do you need a doctor for that too? Get what I'm saying here? It's common knowledge that soy is not good for you. I will come in here and preach what I know. You don't like, don't listen!

Oh and grow up!

Grow up? You;re the one arguing with me.
Anything you buy in the grocery store is bad for you
Mmm unless you butcher your own chickens and beef you can look forward to a nice tasty mouthful of GH.
Same in the ol produce aisle. GMO anyone?
That isnt stopping anyone from eating it though...is it?
Hell I bet your eating more chemicals then you think that aren;t good for you.

Chill out don'tstop. She wasn't initially talking TO you. Jodi did what she is here to do and that is advise the members on the merits of anything dietary. You stomped in and took it sideways. Relax, take a deep breath, and say ooohhhhmmmmmmm till all is well again. Or maybe have a glass of soy milk and a smoke.

yes I'll be sure to have my single half cup like i do everyday.
my whole 125mL which is apprently going to come back to haunt me in my 30's
oh please.

We did a thread on milk a few weeks back that wound up being a soy thread as well ... take a gander. All our current comments pertaining to soy in this thread were sorta covered in that one.

I agree with Jodi here on this one though. After reading a few hours of data online it really did seem to me that the same marketing techniques the tobacco companies used were in play here with the soy industry. Kinda pissed me off.
Yeah that was a good thread.

Back