• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Is this infrequent of a workout for real?

Nice article, to bad they're trying to sell their book. :rolleyes:

Also, can advanced bb's really train once every six weeks and see significant improvements
Significant gains, No.

The only thing I agree with in that article is the fact that many people think they need to work out more often to see better gains, Less is better in many cases.

Originally posted by blond bomber
Also, can advanced bb's really train once every six weeks and see significant improvements?:confused:

I did not see where it said this, but the answer is no.

ever heard that saying "use it or lose it"? well, that is very true with muscle, if your body does not see a reason to have the extra muscle, it will shrink. the sole reason that your muscles increase is adaption, you push them to a point of overload and the body adapts by making the muscle bigger and stronger. if you do not overload a muscle, there is no reason for it to increase in size.

I've read articles from that guy before, although he doesn't mention this in this article, he says his 'advanced trainees' work out either once every 6 (myabe 9, my memory fails) weeks. also i can;'t remember if tahts so many weeks between workouts, or between workouts for the same muscle group.

Originally posted by Jemal
I've read articles from that guy before, although he doesn't mention this in this article, he says his 'advanced trainees' work out either once every 6 (myabe 9, my memory fails) weeks. also i can;'t remember if tahts so many weeks between workouts, or between workouts for the same muscle group.

he does mention it in that article. he says every 6 weeks.

Maybe your proverbial Monday arrived a long time ago and you haven't seen changes in your physique ever since. If so, do this: Take two weeks off of all weightlifting. (No, you won't wither up. I work with advanced trainees who train once every six weeks.)

I wonder if these "advanced trainees" are body builders :scratch:

I cannot belive someone would try and peddle that kind of information.
I have been going through classes four nights a week for the past 6 weeks as well as my two jobs..needless to say that I have been missing workouts left and right. My strength is waning.

I wonder what kind of 'advanced trainees' this guy works with. Pee-wee baseball?

Your body will not hold on to muscle if it is not required. Muscle burns up a LOT of calories at rest. If your body is always worried about the next famine, it will not keep such a metabolically expensive tissue around if it does not need it.

Remember, you are lifting weights and putting a stress on your body. Your body doesn't know that you arel lifting because you want to show off on the beach, it thinks that you are lifting to fight off a tiger or something, that is why it adapts so next time you will be able to fight off the tiger easier/quicker. Once the tiger (lifting) disappears and there are no more stresses present, your body gets rid of any extra muscle you have because you don't need it anymore.

If I take off more than a week, I lose at least 1/4" on my arms.

If you do Kung Fu or anything, you must continue your work to maintain your gained knowlege or size. While you can eventually recoup whatever it is you have lost, it will take time. IMO regularity is the most important part to almost anything hobbyish in life, diet and/or workout.

Back