• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Novice Strongman contest in NC, Sept 25, 2010

Tamaon

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
This is the perfect strongman contest for beginners. The Strongest Man at the Y will be held Sept 25, 2010 at the Salisbury, NC YMCA. Events:

-bus pull
-Atlas stones (180lb, 235, 250)- stone tacky allowed
-tire flip (550lb tire)
-farmer's walk (about 120lb per hand)
-Fingal Fingers

Weight classes:

under 175
176-210
211-250
251 & up

Entry fee is $25. I've done this contest before, it's well run and a good time. All the events are light, so may not be much fun for you experienced guys, this is more of a intro to strongman event. For more info contact Kenny Seagle at (704) 636 0111 ext 223. PM me if you'd like Kenny's email.

Salisbury, NC YMCA
828 Jake Alexander Blvd West
Salisbury, NC 28144

I was not able to post a link to last year's media coverage because I don't have enough posts yet, but if you Google

"Participants cheer each other on at Strongest Man at the Y event"

with the quotes, you can find the Salisbury Post article.

except for the farmers walk thats not that light of weight.

except for the farmers walk thats not that light of weight.

Everything in this contest is doable for a guy who trains the basic lifts regularly. Take the tire for example, if you can DL 225lb then this tire is flippable.

I have some KBs and clubbells I could bring to the contest if anyone wants to play with them.

Thomas Bowman, maker of Tommy Tack strongman tacky will be there and he's supplying his tacky free for everyone to use on the stone event. He'll also have Tommy Tack tacky for sale, $9.95 for the 4oz jar, and $29.95 for the 16oz tub, by far the best deal anywhere on strongman tacky.

Very nice. I suspect that with these timed challenges and with those weights that a well trained lean 210lb guy could smoke the overall results.

It reminds me of Toughman.

Sounds like a fantastic way to earn money for charities. I hope that that's what it is for and would love to see it as a trend.

: )

BTW Replace "Novice" with "Amateur" IMHO

Last edited:
Looks like a lot of fun. Id give a good showing in the walks but absolutely suck at stones. Can't get it right yet.

Love this sort of stuff, looks like a great comp!

Very nice. I suspect that with these timed challenges and with those weights that a well trained lean 210lb guy could smoke the overall results.

Sounds like a fantastic way to earn money for charities. I hope that that's what it is for and would love to see it as a trend.

Yes, a lean fast guy could beat the huge guys in this contest. The money left over after expenses is donated to charity by the YMCA.

Aug 23, 2010 around 5pm I will be helping Kenny promote the contest at the University YMCA in Charlotte, NC. Implements will be there for ANYONE to come try out, this practice session is to increase interest among potential competitors. I'll bring some stone tacky so guys can have at the Atlas stones.

University City Branch YMCA
8100 Mallard Creek Road
Charlotte, NC 28262-2238
(704) 716-6700

I guess I should have called it "beginner", too bad it won't let me go back and edit the title. I'll do this next time.

i wish it wasnt that far. but will it be again next year?

There will be 4 open practice days before the contest- Sept 15, 16, 21, & 23. All will be at the Salisbury Y and will be in the late afternoon.

iam going for it next yr. not going to train as iam strong enough for the things that are in the competion. but ill stay in a motel. i can get the stones no problem as my back and other secondary muscles will shine. give me the info for next season as ill hit that before the ny state championships. thnx brother. if i need to send in a appl. let me know if its to early yet. much appreciated. ill see if jugger wants to go with me.

iam going for it next yr. not going to train as iam strong enough for the things that are in the competion. but ill stay in a motel. i can get the stones no problem as my back and other secondary muscles will shine. give me the info for next season as ill hit that before the ny state championships. thnx brother. if i need to send in a appl. let me know if its to early yet. much appreciated. ill see if jugger wants to go with me.

I tried sending you a PM, but I don't have enough post to do that. The next contest will be in March, 2011. I'll post the date here when I have it, probably around Dec or Jan. I hope you can make it!

The first open practice days will be Sept 15 & 16- Wen and Th- next week. Hope some of you can make it!

me and flathead will be there with our wifes if everything goes as planed. looking forward to it. i talked to flat about it.

next yr if nothing happens three are entering kirkb, flat, me. with our wifes and kirks child i think.

It was a great contest! Everyone had fun. Check out the Strongest Man at the Y on Facebook, and please suggest it to your friends...I can't post links yet.

Back