• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

time tables for working out?

GirlFRED

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Greetings everyone..
I work nights and was curious as to what workout time tables any of you have found that actully work for you .. if you have worked nights and find its a battle between sleeping and working out and everything else .. morning.. evenings ?? .. aside trial and error, I was wondering what others had found that works for them?
thanks

GirlFRED said:
Greetings everyone..
I work nights and was curious as to what workout time tables any of you have found that actully work for you .. if you have worked nights and find its a battle between sleeping and working out and everything else .. morning.. evenings ?? .. aside trial and error, I was wondering what others had found that works for them?
thanks
are you steady nights or do you rotate? is so how much?

Hello MyK .
I work nights regularly.. sunday night through friday nights. eight hours a night.. occasionaly unless we are in a busy time, summer is usualy when it changes a bit I will work 12hour shifts but for the most part its been eight

just get in the gym whenever you feel your best. i believe there are studies around that say a certain time is better to train due to optimized hormone levels or w/e but thats honestly so minute of a difference that you shouldn't worry about it. if you are a morning person (or evening in your case) get up earlier and hit the gym before work, if not go after work. i am in no way a morning person and find it difficult to get out of bed to go to school/work but i've been known to get up at 4-5am to hit the gym cause i missed a scheduled w/o.

Time tables are for trains
1905-train-timetable.jpg

I used to work nights so I know you pain. When I worked nights I worked out after my shift, showered, ate breakfast and then went to sleep. I drank my pre workout shake at work then walked (10 minutes) from my job to the gym.

When I got there I was refreshed, a bit from the walk and a bit from the drink and then quickly got down to business. My job was quite physical so I tried to keep my workouts short 35 minutes and stuck mainly to compound movements like deadlifts, squat, bench press and shoulder presses.

Saying all that is was still hard. Working nights I think is harder on a persons whole body. Working 12 hour shifts I don't know if you would have enough energy left to workout very hard, but anything is possible if you want it bad enough. But as I am sure you know, working out is only 1/3 of the battle, you need proper sleep, and healthy eating habits too.

Most people I know who have worked nights complained of not sleeping long enough or deep enough and just relied on stimulants like coffee to survive. Personaly, if there is any way you can get off the night shift I would strongly suggest it. I know it's not easy to do for a lot of reasons but in the end all we have is our lives, and like machines, if we don't take care of them they breakdown faster. I got off nights after 1.5 years and I feel a lot better physically and mentally.

thanks Yanick :) for your responce

THANKS Nick!.. that just made my day I seriously needed a laugh :):)
Hope your day is as bright as you have made mine today !!

Bakerboy.. Your so right .. days would be awesome but not an option at this time.. senoirtiy and all that.. But more importantly your right. about just getting myself to the gym and doing what I got to do !.. Thanks much for your responce:)

I've almost always worked midday or nights. I generally like to get up before work and do it, but just do what you prefer. Finding a time that you can adhere to is most important.

Thanks Cowpimp.. I am playin with different times and seeing what works best for me . thanks again for your responce :)

IML Gear Cream!
GirlFRED said:
THANKS Nick!.. that just made my day I seriously needed a laugh :):)
Hope your day is as bright as you have made mine today !!

Bakerboy.. Your so right .. days would be awesome but not an option at this time.. senoirtiy and all that.. But more importantly your right. about just getting myself to the gym and doing what I got to do !.. Thanks much for your responce:)

Not a very useful response of mine ,I'm afraid!:(

Something That I Have Learned Working Nights 11-7 For 6 Years, You Are Never Fully Rested And Will Never Be. It Has Been Proven In Studies. I Just Go With What Works Best For Scheduling And Your Everday Routine. I Prefer Right After I Get Off Work. It Is Convient And Usually Helps Me Sleep. My Workouts Were Always Better Way Back When While I Was In College And Sleeping Like A Normal Human. Just Remember, Getting In The Gym Is More Than 80% Of The Other People Doing Nothing.

Nick.. sometimes a laugh is the best thing someone else can use :) Thanks again.

GetnHuge,
Nothing truer , getting in the gym is more then most are doing. btw. I am training at home vs the gym although I do miss the gym and odds are I will rejoin in a few months have to get my car fixed first among a few other things but sure as sin I am not letting that stop me :)

While I don't work nights, I'm familiar with having a long-ass day. Some days I wake up at 5:30, go to school, get home around 3, go to work at 3:30 and don't get home until after 9. Then I lift. For some reason, I tend to do much better during days like these (and usually with squats). I know I can't possible work out before I go to school, and I don't want to put it off, so I just do it after work and usually get good results. Of course, everyone is different and I may just be weird like that. Like CowPimp said, do whatever you'll stick with and that's what's going to work the best for you.

Back