• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

vegetarian high protein meals

Sorry guys I been busy and forgot.

This is one of my FAVE burgers!
only takes 30-50min (with prep an all)

Makes 6 Sweet-Hot Thai Burgers [h=3]Prep Time: 20 minutes[/h][h=3]Cook Time: 15 minutes[/h][h=3]Total Time: 35 minutes[/h][h=3]Ingredients:[/h]
  • For the cilantro mayonnaise
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon lime juice
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
  • For the Thai salad topping
  • 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 2 teaspoons bottled Thai sweet chili sauce
  • 1 tablespoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
  • 1 English cucumber, cut into matchsticks
  • 1 red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh bean sprouts
  • For the patties
  • 2 pounds freshly ground chuck
  • 2 teaspoons kosher salt
  • 3/4 cup bottled Thai sweet chili sauce
  • 4 green onions, sliced
  • 1 cup spicy Thai kettle chips (or other spicy potato chip), placed in a bag and smashed slightly
  • 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil, for brushing on the grill rack
  • 6 good-quality potato hamburger buns, split
[h=3]Preparation:[/h]Prepare a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill with a cover, or preheat a gas grill to medium-high.

To make the mayonnaise, whisk the mayonnaise, lime juice, and cilantro in a small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.

To make the salad, whisk the lime juice, garlic, olive oil, salt, sweet chili sauce, ginger, cilantro, and basil in a small bowl. Combine the cucumber, red pepper, and bean sprouts in a large bowl. Toss with the dressing to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.

To make the patties, combine the chuck, salt, sweet chili sauce, green onions, and chip pieces in a large bowl, handling as little as possible. Shape into 6 patties to fit the buns. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and set aside.

When the grill is ready, brush the grill rack with vegetable oil. Place the patties on the rack, cover, and cook, turning once until done to preference, 5 to 7 minutes on each side for medium. Place the buns, cut side down, on the outer edges of the grill rack to toast lightly during the last 2 minutes of grilling.

To assemble the burgers, spread a generous amount of the cilantro mayonnaise over the cut sides of the buns. On each bun bottom, place a grilled patty, followed by equal portions of the Thai salad, add the top bun and serve.

----------------------------------

I have had this style at veggies food spots and made these my self, LOVE IT with some sweet potato frys :p

Generally vegetarian food contain high proteins. Other than some shakable recipes also contain high proteins.They are
Power Blast Protein Shake
TD's Preworkout Shake
Peanut Butter n' Banana Protein Shake
Fruit n' Yogurt Protein Shake
Lemon Cheesecake N' Strawberry Protein Shake
Chocolaty n' Minty Protein Shake.

I'll get off my ass and write down some of my recipes for black-eye peas and chick peas that I invented. I eat beans and peas every meal, even breakfast. So far, I have had no problems putting on mass, and I swear to god that my digestive system has never been happier.

I LOVE this one, I may order some in from a local place for lunch since I am feeling lazy today and at work:

[h=1]Vegetarian Pad Thai[/h]
Makes 4 to 6 servings

total time: 1 hr

• 12 ounces dried flat rice noodles (1/4 inch wide; sometimes called pad Thai or banh pho)
  • 3 tablespoons tamarind (from a pliable block)
  • 1 cup boiling-hot water
  • 1/2 cup light soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons Sriracha (Southeast Asian chile sauce)
  • 1 bunch scallions
  • 4 large shallots
  • 1 (14- to 16-ounce) package firm tofu
  • 1 1/2 cups peanut or vegetable oil
  • 6 large eggs
  • 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
  • 2 cups bean sprouts (1/4 pound)
  • 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped

• Equipment: an adjustable-blade slicer; a well-seasoned 14-inch flat-bottomed wok
  • Accompaniments: lime wedges; cilantro sprigs; Sriracha

Soak noodles in a large bowl of warm water until softened, 25 to 30 minutes. Drain well in a colander and cover with a dampened paper towel.
Meanwhile, make sauce by soaking tamarind pulp in boiling-hot water in a small bowl, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Force mixture through a sieve into a bowl, discarding seeds and fibers. Add soy sauce, brown sugar, and Sriracha, stirring until sugar has dissolved.
Cut scallions into 2-inch pieces. Halve pale green and white parts lengthwise.
Cut shallots crosswise into very thin slices with slicer.
Rinse tofu, then cut into 1-inch cubes and pat very dry.
Heat oil in wok over medium heat until hot, then fry half of shallots over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until golden-brown, 8 to 12 minutes. Carefully strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a heatproof bowl. Reserve shallot oil and spread fried shallots on paper towels. (Shallots will crisp as they cool.) Wipe wok clean.
Reheat shallot oil in wok over high heat until hot. Fry tofu in 1 layer, gently turning occasionally, until golden, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer tofu to paper towels using a slotted spoon. Pour off frying oil and reserve.
Lightly beat eggs with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Heat 2 tablespoons shallot oil in wok over high heat until it shimmers. Add eggs and swirl to coat side of wok, then cook, stirring gently with a spatula, until cooked through. Break into chunks with spatula and transfer to a plate.
Heat wok over high heat until a drop of water evaporates instantly. Pour in 6 tablespoons shallot oil, then swirl to coat side of wok. Stir-fry scallions, garlic, and remaining uncooked shallots until softened, about 1 minute.
Add noodles and stir-fry over medium heat (use 2 spatulas if necessary) 3 minutes. Add tofu, bean sprouts, and 1 1/2 cups sauce and simmer, turning noodles over to absorb sauce evenly, until noodles are tender, about 2 minutes.
Stir in additional sauce if desired, then stir in eggs and transfer to a large shallow serving dish.
Sprinkle pad Thai with peanuts and fried shallots and serve with lime wedges, cilantro sprigs, and Sriracha
Note: egg not needed

I know its not all that high in protein, but its in there and VERY tasty! :p

Spicy Black & White Bean Quinoa Salad

My mom subscribes to Canadian Living magazine, and it usually includes a really good vegetarian or vegan recipe. She diligently puts the vegan (or easily made vegan) recipes aside for me, and better yet, she makes a couple of the recipes for me whenever I?m in town. She made me this salad for me last summer and it?s been one of my favorite recipes ever since.

Tags: beans, cilantro (coriander), easy, everyday, favorite, gluten-free, high-protein, low-carb, quinoa, summer
[h=2]Spicy Black & White Bean Quinoa Salad[/h] Ingredients

• 1/3 cup (75 mL) quinoa
  • 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) navy beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 cup (250 mL) diced cucumbers
  • 1/4 cup (50 mL) diced red onion
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (I?ve never used it and find the dish spicy enough for me, but feel free to add it if you like things hot!)
  • 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
Dressing

• 1/4 cup (50 mL) vegetable oil (I use cold pressed extra-virgin olive oil)
  • 2 tbsp (25 mL) lime juice
  • 1 tbsp (15 mL) cider vinegar
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder (my chili powder is very hot so I only tend to use 1/2 tsp)
  • 1 tsp (5 mL) ground coriander
  • 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano
  • 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
  • 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
Directions

1. In saucepan of boiling salted 2/3 C water, cook quinoa until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain and rinse.
  2. Dressing: In large bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, vinegar, garlic, chili powder, coriander, oregano, salt and pepper.
  3. Add quinoa, black beans, navy beans, cucumber, onion, jalape?o pepper and coriander; toss to combine.

hmmm never heard of a boca burger? do they taste like normal burgers lol

Ohh yeah! Boca burgers are sooo good! Gotta get the Prime Grillers, they taste last a good meat alternative. Growing up vegetarian, we ate a selection of mock meats and let me say, they have definitely improved on taste by a lot! Each brand has that one product that is like no other brand. I love Morningstar Farms breakfast links and patties, and their meatballs, my kids love the chiken nuggets and corn dogs, also one of my favs when they first came out years ago. Boca is good for the crumbles and patties, and then you have Quorn brand, which is the only brand I have found that doesn't taste too bad, but is wheat and soy free. The fat content on the other brands along with the high sodium keeps me away unless Im on a refeed.

IML Gear Cream!
geez forgot about this thread for a sec ha.

this one is very nice,
link:NVW Recipes - The Vegetarian Society

info:
breakfast that will impress
  • Serves 4

• Preparation time 5 minutes

• Cooking time 15 minutes
Ingredients
Chilli dipping sauce:
100g sundried tomato paste
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp hot chilli powder
Salt and pepper
Fruit accompaniment:
1 orange
1 kiwi
4 strawberries
For the wraps:
200g firm tofu
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 tbsp olive oil
4 seeded wraps
4 free range eggs
2 spring onions, chopped
1/4 tsp Chinese five spice
Salt and pepper
200g sundried tomato paste

[h=1]
view.image
[/h] Method

1. Make the chilli dipping sauce first by mixing the sundried tomato paste, olive oil, chilli flakes and chilli powder together, with salt and pepper to season. Put into a serving dish and set aside. Then to make the fruit accompaniment peel and cut the fruit into cubes, mix together and set aside.
  2. Drain the tofu and gently pat with paper towel to remove as much water as possible. Slice into eight thin strips and gently fry (for at least five minutes on one side). Turn over only when crispy on one side and season each tofu slice with soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and paprika. Continue to cook until both sides are crispy. Set aside.
  3. Put the 2 tbsp olive oil into the bottom of a non-stick frying pan.
  4. Beat the eggs and add the spring onions, five spice and a little salt and pepper.
  5. To make the omelette for each wrap pour ¼ of the egg mixture into the pan and tilt the pan to spread it out as much as possible to make a thin omelette. After one minute gently roll it up and push to the edge of the pan. Repeat three times with the remaining egg mixture. While the omelettes are cooking, warm the wraps in the oven for a few minutes.
  6. To assemble the wraps place one omelette onto each wrap and add two slices of crispy tofu. Place a spoonful of sundried tomato paste along one edge of the wrap. Carefully and tightly roll each wrap. Place the four wraps on a baking tray and reheat under the grill for a few seconds before serving. Serve with the chilli dipping sauce and a side of fruit.

2 slices Whole Wheat Bread 5 gram protein
1 cup Vegetarian Baked Beans 12 gram protein

That ALT sounds AMAZING! :-d

Vegetarian Paella
icon_eggs.jpg
icon_milk.jpg
icon_gluten.jpg
icon_wheat.jpg
icon_vegan.jpg

Preparation notes

Serves 12

Ingredients

4-5 tbsp sunflower oil
3 onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 red peppers, chopped
450g button mushrooms
225g frozen peas
350g green beans, trimmed and cut into 1.25c m/1/2" slices
2 x 450g cans chopped tomatoes
900g long grain white rice
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp saffron
1.8 ltr vegetable stock (boiling)
to taste salt and freshly ground black pepper
225g green olives, chopped
175g toasted cashew nuts
Handful fresh parsley, chopped

Method

1. Preheat the oven to 190C/ 375F/ Gas 5. Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok and fry the onions and garlic over a medium heat until starting to colour.
  2. Add the peppers and mushrooms and fry for 3 minutes. Transfer to a large casserole dish. Add the peas, green beans, chopped tomatoes, rice, and paprika. Mix the saffron with the boiling stock and pour into the casserole dish, simmer for about 5 minutes.
  3. Cover the casserole dish and transfer to the oven. Bake for 30-40 minutes until the rice is tender and the liquid absorbed. (Alternatively, simmer altogether in a large pan on the hob).
  4. Season to taste and leave to stand for about 5 minutes.
  5. Stir in the olives and serve sprinkled with the toasted cashew nuts and fresh parsley.

Notes
Serving suggestion:
Serve with a colourful tomato and olive salad with a garlicky oil and vinegar dressing if liked.

Black beans, Pinto beans, field peas. All high in protein and fiber. Using beeno and digestive enzymes is a must though.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Here, try this article. It supports some of what njc said.

Comparison of Meat, Soy, Whey, Dairy, and Vegan Types of Protein

Lot's of misinformation in this article; most notably "meat protein is not particularly nutrient dense." This is not remotely true. When you compare essential nutrient concentration (per serving weight) meat comes out ahead of most legumes and grains. You can go to fitday and compare things like beef sirloin to cooked peas if don't believe me. Just set the serving weights equal and look at the nutrition breakdown.

Veg Lasagna always bulks me up cuz of the mix of carbs and protein

Alot of Greek yogurt/Cottage cheese has high protein

Even bread has protein. One slices of 12 grain bread has 5g protein.

1 cup Oats with milk gives u 20g protein.

Perogies with cheese in em has quite a bit of protein as well

Cheese pizza for ur cheat days. Easy 1000 calories with 50+g protein

Last edited:
Back